WHO IS SAILNG ON ONE OR MORE OF THE 2023/2024 CRYSTAL VOYAGES

Keith1010

After much aggravation trying to find reasoable flights from Toronto to Reykjavik and Quebec City to Toronto, we are now booked Sep 8/23 on Serenity. We are also booked Sep 2024 Quebec City to New York.

A word of warning to anyone on the Sep 8 cruise coming out of a Canadian gateway, flights options are getting difficult.

3 hours ago, Roland4 said:

A word of warning to anyone on the Sep 8 cruise coming out of a Canadian gateway, flights options are getting difficult.

matrix.itasoftware.com

Icelandair (FI) is consistently the best pricing from YYZ.  Even when you start adding in their extras, it still comes out considerably less than AC or routing through the USA.  In some cases, over CAD400 less.

7 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

matrix.itasoftware.com

Icelandair (FI) is consistently the best pricing from YYZ.  Even when you start adding in their extras, it still comes out considerably less than AC or routing through the USA.  In some cases, over CAD400 less.

Service can be hit or miss. Main problem we had is all they had left was Economy, and we were "warned off" that by someone we met last cruise, which also started in Reykjavik.

46 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Service can be hit or miss. Main problem we had is all they had left was Economy, and we were "warned off" that by someone we met last cruise, which also started in Reykjavik.

I flew Icelandair once in coach with no issue, but at 5"1", my legs don't take the space yours do! 😉

Patty

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

When I took the Islandic cruise, we flew on Icelandair. The only seats available were in Economy. The plane was super clean and the service was good. The flight was completely full but I did not feel cramped. It wasn't too bad. I was excited about the cruise so may be that helped.  ~Jeany

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

For an overnight flight that is only blocked at five and a half hours, I'm not that concerned with the service.  YYZ to KEF is only 500 miles further than YYZ to Vancouver.

OTOH, I can acknowledge your concern.

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

I flew Icelandair once in coach with no issue, but at 5"1", my legs don't take the space yours do! 😉

Patty

It's not just the legroom, Patty. I have fairly broad shoulders and Economy seats have gotten narrower to the point that sitting in an aisle seat, my shoulder keeps getting bumped by people (and service carts) moving in the aisle!🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

It's not just the legroom, Patty. I have fairly broad shoulders and Economy seats have gotten narrower to the point that sitting in an aisle seat, my shoulder keeps getting bumped by people (and service carts) moving in the aisle!🙂

Mentioned the legs as that’s always an issue. I still book coach for domestic flights but have to have business overseas now. 

40 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Try again.

The physical width dimension of the Boeing narrow body aircraft hasn't changed in over 60 years.  Still 148 inches. 707, 720, 727, 737 and 757 - all the same.  And the same six across seating.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, JusttheTwoofUs said:

Question on the Crystal Society program.  Do you still get the 2.5% onboard booking credit for Cruise # 2, if you book it before you take Cruise # 1?  We are planning on booking a second cruise this week (for 2024), with our first cruise not coming until Sept. 2023.  Do we get the extra 2.5% onboard booking credit applied to our 2nd cruise after we have completed the 1st one?  I recall this is how OC worked, you didn't have to actually book during a cruise.

Phyllis

Hi again Phyllis.  From what I was told they are still working on the on-board booking discount program.  I am expecting we will know sometime before the July 31 cruise begins. As soon as I know something definitive.  Just be aware it is hard to know whether or not they would provide the OBC for the second cruise if booked from home even though you will be on another sailing before then. I don't want to speculate either way on this.  

Keith

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Try again.

The physical width dimension of the Boeing narrow body aircraft hasn't changed in over 60 years.  Still 148 inches. 707, 720, 727, 737 and 757 - all the same.  And the same six across seating.

Tell that to my shoulder! Admittedly after twelve years of weight training I am somewhat broader than I used to be.

I'll be on the Miami to Miami sailing this November, my first time on Crystal. I went ahead and booked Miami to Bridgetown for November 2024 so I could secure one of the solo cabins. I'm a big fan of the Celebrity Retreat experience, especially the staff, so I expect to be happy as a clam on Crystal. Still holding my breath until I hear what kind of Champagne they will serve though! 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

My booking is Miami to Miami in January. I would have book for November this year but I am afraid of hurricane season and flight disturbance. I understand that the risk reduces in January.

Ivi

Ivi, you will definitely avoid hurricane season. January is a lovely time to be in Miami and sailing the Caribbean.

Keith

• Like 2

We were booked on the first Serenity cruise, but decided summer air travel would be too hectic. So, now we are on the Quebec City/Miami itinerary. We’ve done that one before, but really are just eager to get back on the ship. We’re looking forward to the many sea days and seeing what the entertainment might be. 

• Like 3

We are booked on the Dec 6-Dec 20 Perth to Auckland on Symphony. Cannot wait to reboard that ship and experience the new Crystal.

I am not sure how to look up how many past cruises we had done with old Crystal, but have had many splendid adventures, including the inaugural cruise on Serenity, the first Northwest Passage cruise, and Antarctica.

• Like 3

As of today I am officially booked on the Symphony Nov 5 2024 Rome-to-Venice cruise. Long way off, but there’s something to be said for allowing some time for NC to work out any kinks, and become just…Crystal. ☺️ 

I’m doing this cruise solo (hubby is not coming on this trip), and was happy I was able to get one of the SGRs furthest from the bow. That’s another benefit to booking so early. I know SGRs are booking up. 

• Like 4

It's wonderful to see how many Cruise Critic members have one or more cruises booked for 2023 and 2024. Would love to hear from others who are booked on one of the Crystal Cruises.

I am reminded that only a little over one year ago, it was announced that the two Ocean Vessels, and right to the name and a couple of other related items had been purchased.

Keith

With 27 prior cruises, we have booked 3 cruises, beginning in October with the Quebec to Miami cruise. 
We are excitedly awaiting the 2025 schedule announcement. I had thought it would be out by July 1st. Doesn’t look like that now. Any idea when it will happen?

Taken from the famous Keith:

Bags packed. Can’t wait. 

• Like 2