Senior Blow Dryer Moment

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Will get an answer a lot quicker on CC than trying to contact RCI.

Can't recall if there are there blow dryers in the cabins on the Oasis?? Thanks in advance for your replies!!!!

Every cabin.  Every ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Can't recall if there are there blow dryers in the cabins on the Oasis?? Thanks in advance for your replies!!!!

Not in the bathroom, in one of the desk drawers. At least in lowly cabins we book.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

There are, but I won't use them.  They are terrible.  I take my own blow dryer and my own toiletries.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe I spend too much time in hotels and motels but I’ve never bothered bringing my own dryer (I like to pack light). Therefore, I have no problem with the dryers provided. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly they are the type which requires you to continuously push a button while using it for safety reasons.   I have arthritis in my hands and so I always bring my own as so many hotel provided hairdryers have this feature and are too hard for me to use 

58 minutes ago, ccotting said:

If I remember correctly they are the type which requires you to continuously push a button while using it for safety reasons.   I have arthritis in my hands and so I always bring my own as so many hotel provided hairdryers have this feature and are too hard for me to use 

No, these (Conair 1875) aren't at least the ones we've had recently weren't. They have three settings off, high and low...no holding the button down.

2 hours ago, ccotting said:

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

No, these (Conair 1875) aren't at least the ones we've had recently weren't. They have three settings off, high and low...no holding the button down.

We have had both in the last year or so. On our most recent cruise, ours stayed on but our friends in the cabin next to us had to hold the button down. Theirs stopped working halfway through the cruise and the room steward replaced it with one that stayed on. My guess is that RCI is replacing the old style with the new style when the old ones stop working properly.

• Like 1