Pinnacle Grill Questions

motravelerken

7 minutes ago, lissie said:

Nah sorry - the US may lead the world in lots of stuff- but the Brits are all over weird crips (chip) flavours - like seriously weird - Guiness flavoured anyone? 19 Uniquely British Crisp Flavours to Try - I Heart Britain 

Wow! Some of those I would absolutely try, but can keep this one on the other side of the pond, lol.

My how far we've strayed from Pinnacle Grill to chips... at least it's all still about food.

20230706_215630.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Add those extra charges  in any special restaurant on ships  is just too much  for us  . It should be all inclusive for the price  .We just stay clear of  that restaurant  .  We certainly hope that Golland America & Carnival corp stop the nickel & diming  all of us  .Ine price should cover it  . They do ger people who eat less & some eat more but nickel & diming deminishes the overall enjoyment 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Add those extra charges  in any special restaurant on ships  is just too much  for us  . It should be all inclusive for the price  .We just stay clear of  that restaurant  .  We certainly hope that Golland America & Carnival corp stop the nickel & diming  all of us  .Ine price should cover it  . They do ger people who eat less & some eat more but nickel & diming deminishes the overall enjoyment 

I agree the nickel and diming gets old and think they could move the $7 charge for an extra starter in their already-an-extra-charge-dining-venues to the included-in-the-fare mainstream venues (ie MDR) if the extra item warrants a surcharge. And I agree food waste needs to decrease and if imposing surcharges for extra orders is the solution, I support it when done fairly and reasonably.

We enjoy the PG and will continue to patronize it until such time we believe the nickel and diming greatly impacts our experience. Until then, we'll pay $8.26 for candied bacon and ask each other "why" as we battle over the last bite.

While I admit the various flavours of crisps (chips) may be available as described by Lissie, that doesn't make them widely popular in the UK.  I for one would be very pleased if the manufacturers would turn back the clock 50 years and produce bags of plain crisps which had a small twist of blue paper containing salt, available to those who liked a lot of salt in their diet and could be disregarded by those who didn't.  Most of today's offerings are far too salty to be good for health and as much as I like to try international quisine, pieces of schrapnel (bacon?) coated with sugar doesn't appeal at all either. 😐

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

While I admit the various flavours of crisps (chips) may be available as described by Lissie, that doesn't make them widely popular in the UK.  I for one would be very pleased if the manufacturers would turn back the clock 50 years and produce bags of plain crisps which had a small twist of blue paper containing salt, available to those who liked a lot of salt in their diet and could be disregarded by those who didn't.  Most of today's offerings are far too salty to be good for health and as much as I like to try international quisine, pieces of schrapnel (bacon?) coated with sugar doesn't appeal at all either. 😐

Hint, chips aren’t healthy 😛 even without salt 😉.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

I agree that nickel-and-diming is annoying, and adds that little bit of extra annoyance to a holiday. I imagine it’s also extra work for the company itself, tracking those extra individual charges. However, I also understand why they’re doing it, and I don’t necessarily like the alternative.

Food costs have skyrocketed recently, especially for some specific foods. And while supply chains are getting closer to being back to normal, there have still been huge fluctuations in pricing on certain food groups that makes budgeting for months into the future tricky for businesses purchasing food. 

If they reduce the extra fee items and make everything flat fee, increasing the cost of specialty dining across the board, that will probably result in fewer people booking specialty dining and people *still* complaining about how expensive everything had gotten. At $39/ea, Pinnacle Grille is at the top edge of my “worth it” budgeting. I probably won’t be ordering lobster anyway, so if they upped the flat fee to $49/ea but stopped charging extra for more costly entrees, it starts being less worth it to me.

I do agree that it sucks that they charge extra for extra appetizers, desserts, etc., especially when they don’t in the MDR. However, I’m sure part of their thinking there is that the more food people order, the longer it takes them to eat. By limiting the number of dishes, they can fit more reservations in a night, earning more money. Charging extra for additional dishes helps offset that, I’m sure. It sucks, but I understand the reasoning. 

6 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't think I've ever seen bags of chips with the salt in a separate bag. @Pickalily, Wilts was that a regional item?

45 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I was thinking the same thing and I’m pretty old.  I don’t think it was a thing in Canada anyway but I might be wrong.

I remember those chips with the salt packets and think of them every time I taste an overly salted one.  They always had that perfect smell too.  I never saw them in Canada or the US, though.  Agree that no one eats the weirdly flavored ones.  They’re more of a novelty item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't think I've ever seen bags of chips with the salt in a separate bag. @Pickalily, Wilts was that a regional item?

I saw Walkers crisps from the UK here in Canada with the "add your own salt" package. I haven't seen them in some years, We still have a "British" section in some of our supermarkets but most of them don't stock the crisps.

10 hours ago, erdufylla said:

I agree that nickel-and-diming is annoying, and adds that little bit of extra annoyance to a holiday. I imagine it’s also extra work for the company itself, tracking those extra individual charges. However, I also understand why they’re doing it, and I don’t necessarily like the alternative.

Food costs have skyrocketed recently, especially for some specific foods. And while supply chains are getting closer to being back to normal, there have still been huge fluctuations in pricing on certain food groups that makes budgeting for months into the future tricky for businesses purchasing food. 

If they reduce the extra fee items and make everything flat fee, increasing the cost of specialty dining across the board, that will probably result in fewer people booking specialty dining and people *still* complaining about how expensive everything had gotten. At $39/ea, Pinnacle Grille is at the top edge of my “worth it” budgeting. I probably won’t be ordering lobster anyway, so if they upped the flat fee to $49/ea but stopped charging extra for more costly entrees, it starts being less worth it to me.

I do agree that it sucks that they charge extra for extra appetizers, desserts, etc., especially when they don’t in the MDR. However, I’m sure part of their thinking there is that the more food people order, the longer it takes them to eat. By limiting the number of dishes, they can fit more reservations in a night, earning more money. Charging extra for additional dishes helps offset that, I’m sure. It sucks, but I understand the reasoning. 

I know people like to find excuses for hal.  I think $39 usd which is about $1002.50 Canadian is plenty without the up charges for appetizers.  I don’t have a dog in the race because it’s been a long time since I’ve ordered a second appetizers but I find it cheap.  I know people say that steak houses on land charge much more.  I can tell you the ones I go to on occasion are multiples better than the pinnacle and the service is much better.  The waiters don’t look like they are lost like they do in the pinnacle.  The only time I go to the pinnacle is for my freebies.

• Like 2