Free Elite Wifi minutes and buying a pkg

whataboutport

Hi all

I'm traveling with a friend who is Diamond on Royal. I understand her status will be matched on X and will get 90 mins free Wifi. I just bought a wifi pkg under my name to take advantage of the 40% sale, but will she still get the free mins for her? I know we can "share" the pkg if only one device is logged on at a time, but if she gets her free mins that means we can be on at the same time, for at least 90 mins, correct?

44 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Hi all

I'm traveling with a friend who is Diamond on Royal. I understand her status will be matched on X and will get 90 mins free Wifi. I just bought a wifi pkg under my name to take advantage of the 40% sale, but will she still get the free mins for her? I know we can "share" the pkg if only one device is logged on at a time, but if she gets her free mins that means we can be on at the same time, for at least 90 mins, correct?

You will both have separate accounts with different log ins.  Yes, both of you can be 'on' at the same time.

I am also Elite on Celebrity and get the 90 free minutes.  It had been 4 years since my last X cruise, so I found signing up for internet confusing.  Prior to sailing, I found the internet packages to be expensive, for 7 days using up more than my $200 OBC.  When I went to sign up onboard, it automatically started my 90 free minutes.  When I used them up, and went to buy more, the package costs had changed and I calculated that purchasing a daily 24 hour package would be less expensive than a package for the rest of the cruise.   By the time those 24 hours were up, the packages had changed again, and much cheaper and my cruise total was about $150.  So I would advise that she not purchase a plan until she has used up her 90 minutes.  
     make sure that she has contacted Captains Club to set up her account before the cruise.  
My cruise was this month, June 4.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whataboutport said:

Hi all

As keesar pointed out, you both will have your own separate login accounts for Wi-Fi. 

When your friend logs in using her credentials for the first time, she can select her free 90 min as one of the options (see screenshot below). As you may or may not know, each time she logs into her account the timer starts and it does not stop until she explicitly log off (I think you have to type logoff or logout in the url bar to do it). 

When your friend logs in using your login credentials, she will be using your unlimited package. 

IMG_3165.thumb.png.83aec3588ccb5ff07a39161e77bfe1dc.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

make sure that she has contacted Captains Club to set up her account before the cruise.  

I didn’t know you had to do this. So it only works if you contact CC ahead of your cruise? We embark tomorrow and I haven’t done this. Is it too late?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

10 hours ago, whataboutport said:

I understand her status will be matched on X

She may have already done this, but being Diamond on Royal by itself will get you nothing for you onboard Celebrity. She needs to status match Diamond to Elite prior to the cruise. Then by being Elite with a Captain's Club number on the reservation, she will get some perqs.

53 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I didn’t know you had to do this. So it only works if you contact CC ahead of your cruise? We embark tomorrow and I haven’t done this. Is it too late?

The only reason to contact Captains Club is if your Celebrity account/set sail pass isn't saying Elite already.  (And a call isn't always necessary as you can add captains club and crown & anchor numbers directly to your Celebrity and RCCL profiles online.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

The only reason to contact Captains Club is if your Celebrity account/set sail pass isn't saying Elite already.  (And a call isn't always necessary as you can add captains club and crown & anchor numbers directly to your Celebrity and RCCL profiles online.)

Is it sometimes automatic? Or do you have to always call it in? She has already linked her C&A with her CC on both Royal and X apps.

I've emailed them, since our cruise isn't until Sept, I know they take a while to reply. I also read that you can get them to fix it at the port when they print out your sea pass card, but I would prefer it be done ahead of time so she/we will have our elite invites and everything in our cabin on the first day. We'll call it in once it gets closer and if they haven't done it already.

13 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Is it sometimes automatic? Or do you have to always call it in? She has already linked her C&A with her CC on both Royal and X apps.

I've emailed them, since our cruise isn't until Sept, I know they take a while to reply. I also read that you can get them to fix it at the port when they print out your sea pass card, but I would prefer it be done ahead of time so she/we will have our elite invites and everything in our cabin on the first day. We'll call it in once it gets closer and if they haven't done it already.

I think it sometimes is automatic.  I don't recall doing anything besides verifying my numbers were in the apps/websites.  When she logs into the app or the website, what does it list for her loyalty level?  If it says Elite, then you are good to go.

15 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

I would advise you to check your 

16 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Hi all

Your minutes for being Elite are Premium minutes.  You don't have to use them up before utilizing your Plan.  In fact, it may be wise to hold on to your Premium minutes if you have purchased a Basic Plan as there is more that you can do with a Premium Plan.  Each time you log in, you will be asked which of the options you wish to utilize.  I saved my Premium minutes for video such as FaceTime as this app won't work on the Basic Plan.

4 minutes ago, keesar said:

Your minutes for being Elite are Premium minutes.  You don't have to use them up before utilizing your Plan.  In fact, it may be wise to hold on to your Premium minutes if you have purchased a Basic Plan as there is more that you can do with a Premium Plan.  Each time you log in, you will be asked which of the options you wish to utilize.  I saved my Premium minutes for video such as FaceTime as this app won't work on the Basic Plan.

It still says Preview. I just had her check.

We bought the wifi pkg but I thought you could no longer buy basic wifi without buying the AI pkg? We bought cruise only, no add ons, so I suppose it's the premium, correct?

26 minutes ago, keesar said:

Whenever I have chosen the unlimited Wi-Fi package option, I don't get anymore options to choose from every time I log in thereafter. 

When you first go to log in… you should choose your free minutes.   Just log in for a minute and then log off.  Then going forward you should be able to choose between free minutes and the basic WiFi AI.  If you do the Basic WiFi AI first, then the free minutes option disappears.  We too had this happen and that is what we were told at the Internet help area. I got mine back and then could go back and forth the rest of the cruise.  Not great IT functionality…

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, ohiolovescrusing said:

When you first go to log in… you should choose your free minutes.   Just log in for a minute and then log off.  Then going forward you should be able to choose between free minutes and the basic WiFi AI.  If you do the Basic WiFi AI first, then the free minutes option disappears.  We too had this happen and that is what we were told at the Internet help area. I got mine back and then could go back and forth the rest of the cruise.  Not great IT functionality…

So you log on first and use the free minutes, then log off.  If you log on a second time and choose your package and log off again, when you log on the 3rd time, will it still give you an option to choose free minutes or the package?

27 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

So you log on first and use the free minutes, then log off.  If you log on a second time and choose your package and log off again, when you log on the 3rd time, will it still give you an option to choose free minutes or the package?

That’s how it worked for us.   It would then give you menu of both options. Once in package, you don’t need to log off until you want to use the free minutes. But definitely log off the free minutes when done or it will keep counting them down…

• Like 1

If you have Elite (or Plus) minutes and have a wifi package, you should be able to switch back and forth. Log off one, then sign in to the other. If you can't, visit the tech support people and they'll fix it. They were available in the Photo department in April aboard the Reflection. No problems after that.

First time on Celebrity. Will be using RCCL Diamond match.

Some cruise lines give free minutes but must be used in a 24-hour period. Can the free 90 Elite minutes be used by logging in and out for several days?

6 minutes ago, gdy0354 said:

First time on Celebrity. Will be using RCCL Diamond match.

Some cruise lines give free minutes but must be used in a 24-hour period. Can the free 90 Elite minutes be used by logging in and out for several days?

Yes, you can use them throughout your cruise.  Just make sure you log out each time.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:27 PM, mahdnc said:

As keesar pointed out, you both will have your own separate login accounts for Wi-Fi. 

When your friend logs in using her credentials for the first time, she can select her free 90 min as one of the options (see screenshot below). As you may or may not know, each time she logs into her account the timer starts and it does not stop until she explicitly log off (I think you have to type logoff or logout in the url bar to do it). 

When your friend logs in using your login credentials, she will be using your unlimited package. 

IMG_3165.thumb.png.83aec3588ccb5ff07a39161e77bfe1dc.png

Thanks for your post.  We are quite confused about Celebrity Wifi as prices are increasing in a material way.  Seems we remember getting 1 24hour complimentary day last year on the Equinox [for Elite status and my wife booked wifi pre cruise]. 

All that aside, your post seems to imply one might purchase wifi on a daily basis for $34.97?  Would that be correct? Or like other pkg 'deals', one needs to purchase for entire cruise [or nothing at all?].  Purchasing a few $35/day wifi days is a whole heck of a lot affordable than the $20+/day for the entire cruise [over $200 for 10 day cruise on Silhouette in Nov].   

18 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

Thanks for your post.  We are quite confused about Celebrity Wifi as prices are increasing in a material way.  Seems we remember getting 1 24hour complimentary day last year on the Equinox [for Elite status and my wife booked wifi pre cruise]. 

All that aside, your post seems to imply one might purchase wifi on a daily basis for $34.97?  Would that be correct? Or like other pkg 'deals', one needs to purchase for entire cruise [or nothing at all?].  Purchasing a few $35/day wifi days is a whole heck of a lot affordable than the $20+/day for the entire cruise [over $200 for 10 day cruise on Silhouette in Nov].   

Remember that you should be entitled for a discount being Elite from any 'sale' price.  We received a 30% discount from the sale price.  You should receive 90 free Premium minutes to use as you wish being Elite.  

I don't recall getting a free day except that on the departure day there is a free trial period on some cruises.

Also, packages can be pro-rated during the cruise.

You should only have to do this once. You need to call the Captains Club number 1-800-760-0654. You need to give them your Crown & Anchor number and link your new Celebrity Captains Club number. Have your Celebrity cruise reservation number.

ELITE | 300-749 CLUB POINTS MANY OF THE BENEFITS OF SELECT MEMBERSHIP PLUS: For our Elite guests, we’ve reserved some of the most sought-after benefits including complimentary laundry, internet benefits, and access to complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu between 5pm-7pm. • Access to Captain’s Club Coffee Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast • Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm • 30% off Wifi Packages and upgrades, plus 90 complimentary stream minutes • 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery • $200 off The Studio photo packages • Complimentary access to Persian Garden on one port day of your choice while ship is in port. (Solstice and Millennium Class Ships Only) • 10% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail) • 15% discount on a drink package or a premium drink package upgrade • Complimentary dry cleaning for one item • One complimentary bag of laundry during each sailing (wash, dry, fold) • Access to a private lounge during departure, complete with continental breakfast • Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

First, as others I think have pointed out, the complimentary Wi-Fi for being Elite is 90 minutes.  The minutes do not have to be spent in one sitting.  You can log on and log off to the Wi-Fi and you are charged the elapsed time against your 90 free minutes.  And so you see that as one of the options in the screenshot I took and put in my prior post.  I have observed multiple times that the employees at the iLounge are rather forgiving and generous if your Wi-Fi signal was lousy when you used your free minutes or if you forgot to log off and accidentally ran off your 90 minutes with your phone in your pocket.  They will often put free minutes back onto your account.  (After all, iLounge techs want a good rating from your post-survey when you evaluate them).

Second, yes you have the option to buy Wi-Fi for a continuous day--one day at a time.  You can buy this for whatever days you want and are not required to buy it for every day of the cruise.  In my case that was for $35 (per day).  The screenshot was taken on Oct 22, 2022 when we boarded Constellation.

42 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

First, as others I think have pointed out, the complimentary Wi-Fi for being Elite is 90 minutes.  The minutes do not have to be spent in one sitting.  You can log on and log off to the Wi-Fi and you are charged the elapsed time against your 90 free minutes.  And so you see that as one of the options in the screenshot I took and put in my prior post.  I have observed multiple times that the employees at the iLounge are rather forgiving and generous if your Wi-Fi signal was lousy when you used your free minutes or if you forgot to log off and accidentally ran off your 90 minutes with your phone in your pocket.  They will often put free minutes back onto your account.  (After all, iLounge techs want a good rating from your post-survey when you evaluate them).

Second, yes you have the option to buy Wi-Fi for a continuous day--one day at a time.  You can buy this for whatever days you want and are not required to buy it for every day of the cruise.  In my case that was for $35 (per day).  The screenshot was taken on Oct 22, 2022 when we boarded Constellation.

Thank you for the info.  This really helps us decide how we want to purchase the wifi.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am in the position of many here with 90 free premium elite minutes and the basic AI package.  If I am using the 90 premium minutes and my minutes run out, will it automatically end my session or start charging me for premium usage by the minute (or whatever time frame)?

On 7/1/2023 at 5:42 AM, publicpersona said:

She may have already done this, but being Diamond on Royal by itself will get you nothing for you onboard Celebrity. She needs to status match Diamond to Elite prior to the cruise. Then by being Elite with a Captain's Club number on the reservation, she will get some perqs.

If you log into Celebrity and shows you CC# and Status you are setup.  The Captain's Club Concierge can also assist you on the ship.