Recliners

Babyfin

I saw that I can rent a recliner from Scootaround for my upcoming cruise in Sept. I was wondering if anyone had experience with renting the recliners and if they had any photos of the rental. We are staying in a standard balcony cabin, I assume it would fit through the door? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Babyfin said:

I saw that I can rent a recliner from Scootaround for my upcoming cruise in Sept. I was wondering if anyone had experience with renting the recliners and if they had any photos of the rental. We are staying in a standard balcony cabin, I assume it would fit through the door? Thanks.

It is not likely to fit,  

It might fit through the door if they take the back off, the way they come.  Depending on how large it is.  My ladies recliner would fit.  However, where in the cabin would you put it?  Space is premium.  Doubt they could remove the couch.  I think you would need a fully accessible cabin to have the space.  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

53 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Those automated recliners are big. Persons also travelling with a scooter should be aware that parking scooters overnight in the hallways is prohibited. Good luck however you decide. 

Strollers.jpg

I am not traveling with a scooter but thank you for that info. Just trying to rent a recliner as I had open heart bypass surgery and still cant full lay flat yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babyfin said:

I am not traveling with a scooter but thank you for that info. Just trying to rent a recliner as I had open heart bypass surgery and still cant full lay flat yet.

I did not know you could rent recliners but you could check the dimensions of the door in the cabin descriptions somewhere on the internet. Another option might be to have one of the ship's recliners in the cabin. Good luck. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Try contacting Carnival's Special Needs and/or Scootaround. 

Here is some information from Carnival's website (Special Needs), including contact information for both Scootaround and Special Needs:

Facilities & Services for Guests with Disabilities | Carnival

RENTAL SERVICES

Guests who require the regular use of a wheelchair/scooter or other mobility device are encouraged to bring their own or rent from our preferred vendor, Scootaround, if they are sailing from a U.S. port. Please visit Scootaround's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window., or call 1-888-441-7575. Scootaround’s team of trained professionals is able to review the different rental options available based on your accommodations and find the one that best suits your needs. As a preferred vendor, they have unique access to deliver your rented equipment on board Carnival ships in the U.S.

If you require additional information or need assistance to ensure you have the best accommodations for your needs, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or 1800 072 670 ext. 70025 if calling from Australia. You can also email us at access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Clarisa Stollenwerck, Vice President, Guest Operations.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yeah, they may be fibbing...  You need to contact Special Needs at Carnival directly and get everything in writing.

That would be something, Carnival tells you to contact scootaround on their website, and scootaround is lying to passangers.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Those automated recliners are big. Persons also travelling with a scooter should be aware that parking scooters overnight in the hallways is prohibited. Good luck however you decide. 

Strollers.jpg

Dont know much about scooters but those look an awful like baby carriages to me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigdog1958 said:

That would be something, Carnival tells you to contact scootaround on their website, and scootaround is lying to passangers.

Carnival already tells people they need an accessible stateroom.  What do you think Scootaround is going to do if the recliner doesn't fit? Do you think Scootaround is going to kick another guest out of an accessible stateroom?  Do you think Scootaround is going to remove the bed and store it during the cruise?  No, they are simply going to leave the item in the hallway or take it back.  They may even leave it in the terminal which they do for EVCs at some ports.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Carnival already tells people they need an accessible stateroom.  What do you think Scootaround is going to do if the recliner doesn't fit? Do you think Scootaround is going to kick another guest out of an accessible stateroom?  Do you think Scootaround is going to remove the bed and store it during the cruise?  No, they are simply going to leave the item in the hallway or take it back.  They may even leave it in the terminal which they do for EVCs at some ports.  

I have never seen a recliner left in a hallway. I guess I have more faith in carnival partnering with a vendor who knows what they are doing. I find it hard to believe that carnival would continue recommending people to call a vendor who continues to lie to people and does not provide the service they promised.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bigdog1958 said:

I have never seen a recliner left in a hallway. I guess I have more faith in carnival partnering with a vendor who knows what they are doing. I find it hard to believe that carnival would continue recommending people to call a vendor who continues to lie to people and does not provide the service they promised.

So, please explain all the rented EVCs that can not fit through the doors?  I don't see anywhere here where it says that Scootaround is responsible for assuring guests that their equipment will fit.image.thumb.png.6cbfe65f4dea646fc44cf2fd4ef510dd.png

42 minutes ago, bigdog1958 said:

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Better?

IMG_7207.JPG

It does not fit and was left in the hall.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 5:19 PM, Babyfin said:

I was told they would remove one of the twin beds and put it in that space

I am not able to provide info, but would hope Scootaround would provide you with a picture and dimensions if you ask. 

Good luck - hope you continue to heal well and enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

The WC-accessible rooms are actually quite big and will definitely fit a recliner.  Most of the recliners that are rented are slender they are not overstuffed chairs.  Most of them are electric and put u in a standing position.  I agree with one of the posts to ensure the cruise company knows your special needs and arranges for that and call and check on that frequently.  My father can't sleep laying down ever due to his back and we have cruised NCL, Princess, Carnival, RC and we have done reclining chair rentals but I always verify both with the cruise line and their preferred rental company and ALWAYS get a WC-accessible room.

• Like 1