Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

3 hours ago, Cancun01 said:

Question: I apologize if this has previously been addressed. I thought I saw something but of course it escapes me where it was explained. 

As you are aware the October 1, 2023, the deadline for activating the first sub-credit of EI Certificates is quickly ticking. We have finally made a decision to book. If we were to book three staterooms ( two for adult children and spouses) can we use 3 sub-credits if the same cc is used.   In other words…if we pay for all 3 can we use 3 of the 5 credits that are in my husband’s name? 

That’s my understanding. You can use sub-credits for others booked on the same cruise as you. I don’t know if use of same credit card is required. 

7 minutes ago, TER777 said:

That’s my understanding. You can use sub-credits for others booked on the same cruise as you. I don’t know if use of same credit card is required. 

It doesn’t need the person to use the same credit card for payment - as long as they’re on the same cruise as the holder of the EI credit then they can use 1 EI certificate each 

5 hours ago, Cancun01 said:

Thank you for your prompt responses. 

If you book this with your TA they will be able to apply each one for you to the booking.  Same goes if booking directly with Crystal. I would be sure to get that first one booked soonest if you can't go all at once so that the voucher doesn't expire.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, vistaman said:

despite the money is available they constantly are delaying ??

Just to clarify, the money is NOT available until the disputes in that particular disbursement round are closed. They need firm, approved numbers for any batch of payments going out before that round can go out.

Vince

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Question, I read that checks might be sent. Are the refunds not going to be via credit card? I am not sure how checks could be sent outside the USA…

Ivi

Credit Card incur a fee. The fee would reduce the amount available to be paid out by 2 to 3 percent. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Credit Card incur a fee. The fee would reduce the amount available to be paid out by 2 to 3 percent. 

Not just that (which is a great point), some of those merchant gateways no longer exist. On top of that, although MM&A has access to those accounts and the data, the entity that “owns” the accounts has shut down, so I doubt they would want to go through all the viability requirements to operate them again in the future.  I can’t imagine any way they’d be able to refund original payment cards.  I would think it’s to be check/debit or cash-equivalents at this point.

Vince

• Thanks 2

Definitely not credit cards, as Vince specifically cited.   Perhaps they will do EFT or wires for overseas accounts.  But I have presented checks to overseas banks and they were cashed with much delay and a significant fee.  Then again wires incur fees also on both sides of the pond.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello, Moecker have not updated their website since Sept 7, 2023.  Will we get our paiement before Christmas?

They had the hearing only 2 weeks ago on the motion to begin payment.  The judge has obviously not yet ruled.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Definitely not credit cards, as Vince specifically cited.   Perhaps they will do EFT or wires for overseas accounts.  But I have presented checks to overseas banks and they were cashed with much delay and a significant fee.  Then again wires incur fees also on both sides of the pond.

They had the hearing only 2 weeks ago on the motion to begin payment.  The judge has obviously not yet ruled.

This makes perfect sense as does Vince's post.

I know in previous cases where we received money back it did come back via check and excellent point about those outside the country where a wire transfer might be something that is done.

Keith

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, Keith1010 said:

This makes perfect sense as does Vince's post.

I know in previous cases where we received money back it did come back via check and excellent point about those outside the country where a wire transfer might be something that is done.

Keith

Where are our checks.?

Daniel

1 hour ago, Funatabi said:

Never heard one word from Moeker yet about anything. 

Neither letter nor email. 

We didn't hear anything until a couple of months ago when they sent us an-email where we are listed for the claims we submitted which were filed with the court. It notes on there the max we might get. If you haven't gotten this (and since you paid cash maybe that is why) I would contact them.

Keith