Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

8 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

We didn't hear anything until a couple of months ago when they sent us an-email where we are listed for the claims we submitted which were filed with the court. It notes on there the max we might get. If you haven't gotten this (and since you paid cash maybe that is why) I would contact them.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I will be contacting them, as you suggested. I know that Moeker has my claim. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

It is indeed. Only in our case I do not know how we are going to get the checks in Germany or how can we cash it 🤔

Ivi

I had an email from them last week when I asked as I hadn’t received any acknowledgment that my claim was valid.  I am in Australia and was told that payment would be around first quarter and it would be via wire transfer.  They would contact me closer to when the funds will be sent to get bank details.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

There's an image of an MM&A envelope in my USPS Informed Delivery email this morning.  Something is definitely happening on a broad scale.  🙂 

Vince

Vince, my informed delivery shows the same thing for today's mail.  

Keith

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Check received and deposited.

Keith

Ditto!

40 minutes ago, globe-trekker said:

Got my check today too!  Finally.  

This is the first time I've ever received any kind of payment from a priority distribution, so I'm actually shocked by how quickly I received anything.  I'm used to having to wait 3+ years to get the first penny.  I know a lot of people have claims that will take that long to get the next bit, but "finally" was the last thing in the world I thought when I cashed my check today...  Not that others aren't entitled to that feeling -- they absolutely are.

Vince

• Like 1

Just now, BWIVince said:

Ditto!

This is the first time I've ever received any kind of payment from a priority distribution, so I'm actually shocked by how quickly I received anything.  I'm used to having to wait 3+ years to get the first penny.  I know a lot of people have claims that will take that long to get the next bit, but "finally" was the last thing in the world I thought when I cashed my check today...  Not that others aren't entitled to that feeling -- they absolutely are.

Vince

Vince, agree with you 100% and usually it is almost literally a penny by the time it arrives.

Keith

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Ditto!

Vince

You are right... I'm honestly shocked I got a penny...  but it seems like a lifetime ago that the money was spent.

• Like 1

Received our check today, too. Along with the letter that indicates additional funds may (or may not) be distributed during 2024. Thank everyone on CC that posts relevant information. I was not expecting anything until I read the comments posted last week and today's posts about the checks-literally-in-the-mail.

Rob

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

It is interesting that the letters are dated September 27, 2023.

I am not blaming this on the USA Postal Service.

Maybe they had thought they would be out by then.  😀

Keith

😄

It's definitely not a USPS thing, my check was dated October 24th, so adding batching, collation and mailing, that's pretty typical.  The letters are pre-printed based on the timeline they have at the time, because they want the checks to go out quickly once they finally get approval on the distribution, so I'm guessing they were expecting the checks to go out the first week of October when they first drafted the letters...  Of course the whole process is more complex than that, so that was a safe bet (which more or less paid off, minus one odd date.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Along time ago I wrote this off but today brings closure.  

I git my wish. 

Crystal came back. 

As to the previous owners I hope they get my wish.

Just saying. 

Keith

To your comment at the end of your post, what's sad is that if they broke into your house, stole your silver, got caught and went to trial, they might end up in prison, but in this case they are still living as high off the hog as ever without one thought to everyone they (can't say that word)!

Patty

• Like 3