What drinks are available in the suites lounge?

We will be sailing navigator of the seas in an owners suite. Can someone tell me what drinks will be available in the suites lounge please. 

Curious about not only alcohol, but also if there is bottled water, sparkling water, lattes or specialty coffees, soda, and of course also wines, beer and liquor. 

also, i understand alcohol is only available there evening hours 5-8, correct?  But are other drinks available there outside of those times, ie, bottled water, coffees, etc. 

purchased the refreshment package and thinking of cancelling it now. 

also, we have a 9 year old son. Will he be able to enter the room with us so we can get our drinks, or do we need to go in one at a time. 

thank you. First time cruiser with rccl

Edited by Mslmesq

They do have bottled water and soda  in the lounge, it may only be available during the happy hour but you can take some to go.  They also have a fancy coffee machine as well.  They normally have juice, tea and water allday as wlll.Your son can go in with you.

• Like 1

On this class of ship, they pull the drinks from the Crown Lounge bar, so pretty much anything that you can order at the bar you can order in the lounge. They also have an assortment of light appetizers available during happy hour. The lounge is generally unstaffed (except for the suite concierge) during the day, so getting things like bottled water or soda can be hit or miss (mostly miss).

The good news is that the suite lounges on this class of ship are very nice, and a good place to go and veg during the day if you are looking for a bit of peace and quiet.

• Like 2

Coffee is available 24/7* as the espresso machine is self-serve (you can get cappuccinos, lattes, etc.).

*On some ships it is out of service overnight until some time in the morning when a crew member readies it (usually around 6am-7am).

• Like 1

No problem bringing your son, as I can remember it is somewhat limited, sailed her 3 times all in grand suites. Plus you get breakfast in specialty restaurant. Great ship do not miss the ice show , there is a seating area for suites there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, George C said:

No problem bringing your son, as I can remember it is somewhat limited, sailed her 3 times all in grand suites. Plus you get breakfast in specialty restaurant. Great ship do not miss the ice show , there is a seating area for suites there.

We brought our 9YO grandson up there every evening on Navigator's sister ship Mariner and he was treated like a king by the staff. The concierge was great as well, arranged a bridge tour for us, and even made reservations to get him into a "sold out" ice skating session.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

On some ships it is out of service overnight until some time in the morning

On some ships it seems to be out of service every time I want to use it🙁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We brought our 9YO grandson up there every evening on Navigator's sister ship Mariner and he was treated like a king by the staff. The concierge was great as well, arranged a bridge tour for us, and even made reservations to get him into a "sold out" ice skating session.

Concierge can be really handy , they helped us several times , that’s one of the reasons we love suites.

• Like 2

Just now, orville99 said:

On some ships it seems to be out of service every time I want to use it🙁

Yeah, that too. I've been pretty lucky but I've obviously read all the stories.

Silly reason to be excited about a ship, I know, but my next several cruises will likely be on Wonder which has 2 newer model machines in the DL. Sometimes it's the small things.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

On this class of ship, they pull the drinks from the Crown Lounge bar, so pretty much anything that you can order at the bar you can order in the lounge. They also have an assortment of light appetizers available during happy hour. The lounge is generally unstaffed (except for the suite concierge) during the day, so getting things like bottled water or soda can be hit or miss (mostly miss).

The good news is that the suite lounges on this class of ship are very nice, and a good place to go and veg during the day if you are looking for a bit of peace and quiet.

Does this mean there is a bartender?  For some reason, i thought it was pour your own. So I could not take a beer to go for later then?

1 hour ago, George C said:

Good to know. Thank you!  Is the breakfast in the soecialty restaurant the same as the mdr?  I might just order it to the room in that case. 😊

4 minutes ago, Mslmesq said:

Does this mean there is a bartender?  For some reason, i thought it was pour your own. So I could not take a beer to go for later then?

There is no bar in the lounge, and haven't seen pour your own in ages. The wait staff will take your drink order and go to the Crown Lounge bar to retrieve it. If you want a beer to go, just ask the waiter to bring you one unopened.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mslmesq said:

Good to know. Thank you!  Is the breakfast in the soecialty restaurant the same as the mdr?  I might just order it to the room in that case. 😊

Virtually identical to the MDR sit down breakfast menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Concierge can be really handy , they helped us several times , that’s one of the reasons we love suites.

Is the concierge available daytime on embarkation day?  I will be relying on them for restaurant reservations in our all dining package unfortunately. I see i cannot reserve times until we are onboard. 😒

1 minute ago, Mslmesq said:

Is the concierge available daytime on embarkation day?  I will be relying on them for restaurant reservations in our all dining package unfortunately. I see i cannot reserve times until we are onboard. 😒

Depends on the concierge. Sometimes they aren't there until a bit later in the day. 

The concierge will be sending you a welcome email about a week prior to your cruise, and you can ask them to make dinner reservations for you. They don't have access to the reservations systems until the day before you board, so if they know your preferences before then, they may be able to make them for you. When we are on a B2B, we always ask the concierge to make our 2nd leg reservations towards the end of the first leg, and they always manage to accommodate our requests.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mslmesq said:

Concierge is available first day , but you should get a email from concierge about 5 days before sailing and they can make reservations, no reservations needed for costal kitchen, we also have a UDP , which is fantastic. Breakfast might be same as mdr service will be way better . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There is no bar in the lounge

Radiance class has a bar in the lounge, which is wonderful.

Pre-restart they'd bring a mobile bar into the lounge for other ships, but since then we've been stuck waiting for someone to go next door to get drinks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, George C said:

Concierge is available first day , but you should get a email from concierge about 5 days before sailing and they can make reservations, no reservations needed for costal kitchen, we also have a UDP , which is fantastic. Breakfast might be same as mdr service will be way better . 

They're sailing Navigator, no Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 3

During happy hour there is no limit to what you can get.  I ordered pretty much anything I could get in any other bar and they fulfilled every request.  Buffalo Trace old fashioned, Moscow Mule and Long Island Ice Tea.  They had no problem when I asked for specific spirits to be used in the MM and LIIT.  

During HH. you son can get mocktails if he wants.  I can't remember if soda was available during the day since it was way back in February when we were on Navigator but my inclination is to say no they weren't available outside of HH.

As far as entering, your son will be able to come and go as he pleases.  I saw kids come and go on their own with their card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Virtually identical to the MDR sit down breakfast menu.

The menu is the same...but the service at Chops for breakfast is miles better than the MDR.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

The menu is the same...but the service at Chops for breakfast is miles better than the MDR.

The menu is not the same. It's more limited. No breakfast wrap, breakfast bowl or burrito on the suite breakfast menu.

• Like 1