New coloured crystal block design?

There seems to be a difference in the new coloured crystal block design- some are identical picture front and back and others have a reverse view - giving them a 360 rotation of the ship.

So which ones have you received? 

Enchantment - same front and back

Oasis - same front and back

Harmony - same front and back ( I’ve only seen the one currently on sale on eBay for $200!!) 

Interesting. Reverse view sounds neat although with how most people display items like that, not sure how much the back matters.

As an aside, Wonder was still giving out old style clear blocks as of a couple weeks ago.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

There seems to be a difference in the new coloured crystal block design- some are identical picture front and back and others have a reverse view - giving them a 360 rotation of the ship.

So which ones have you received? 

Enchantment - same front and back

Oasis - same front and back

Harmony - same front and back ( I’ve only seen the one currently on sale on eBay for $200!!) 

Hello,

I'll have to ask all the people I gave mine away to!

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

My one remaining Anthem block has exactly the same image front and back - not even a mirror image.

What I did notice, unlike the originals, is that you can see the join.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

I'll have to ask all the people I gave mine away to!

Regards,

Cublet

Do you cruise so much you receive multiple blocks with new design? My last block was from June 2022 cruise and I will be only getting my first colored ones this fall.

Edited by Tatka

Hello,

I don't know about 'cruise so much' but I had six sent to me a couple of months ago back-dated to when they stopped sending them.

Strictly speaking I am due a Navigator from the three extra nights on board (when my C&A points rolled-over a multiple of 70) when one of the stabilisers went AWOL and we had to return to Gran Canaria.

Regards,

Cublet.

45 minutes ago, cublet said:

I don't know about 'cruise so much' but I had six sent to me a couple of months ago back-dated to when they stopped sending them.

Yes, you cruise a lot, lol, congrats!

I was happy to have gotten my first block last year while they still had the old ones. The rest won't match but I'll be able to recognize my first one at least... not that I expect to have much of a collection for quite a while.

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Strictly speaking I am due a Navigator from the three extra nights on board (when my C&A points rolled-over a multiple of 70) when one of the stabilisers went AWOL and we had to return to Gran Canaria.

Regards,

Cublet.

Interesting. Block is sent every 70 points (if requested on the ship of course in case they do not have it). They do not send blocks for prepandemic achievements and they did have blocks on ships in 2021.

This means you accumulated 420 points through 2022-2023. You either cruised 420 nights, or 210 nights in suite or 140 nights in suite alone.

34 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Interesting. Block is sent every 70 points (if requested on the ship of course in case they do not have it). They do not send blocks for prepandemic achievements and they did have blocks on ships in 2021.

This means you accumulated 420 points through 2022-2023. You either cruised 420 nights, or 210 nights in suite or 140 nights in suite alone.

When I restarted in Oct 2021 I had 378. I hit 700 in October 2022.  A mixture of solo/ solo suite and their double points promo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

When I restarted in Oct 2021 I had 378. I hit 700 in October 2022.  A mixture of solo/ solo suite and their double points promo.

Congrats! I was happy enough to be treated to one 28-pointer from suite/covid quadruple points. One more suite last month (again, courtesy of generous FIL) put us in reach of D+. We'll hit it after our next cruise... and then I can stop even checking my points b/c Pinnacle isn't happening any time soon at our usual 7 pts/cruise, lol. I guess there's a 2nd block to look forward to.

54 minutes ago, little britain said:

Nice! That's truly a lot. After pandemic we sail almost exclusively with RCI, but we are "insiders" . 🙂

So single points for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Same here. I was 210 at start back. First 2 cruises were on Anthem 8 night in a GS b2b. I got 96 pts and 2 blocks for that. Also hit 700 in October.

Could I add, I booked Voyager 14 night Greenland cruise in a GS. The prices were so good I booked the next 7 nighters to make 700. 5 weeks and a total of 168 points. 

Not the only good thing to come out of that. The 3 weeks up the Ne England was up there with the best I've done. I want to go back.

I didn't jump ship to Msc or X lol

Edited by bigeck

19 minutes ago, bigeck said:

The 3 weeks up the Ne England was up there with the best I've done. I want to go back.

I didn't jump ship to Msc or X lol

We live in the best place in US (unless you absolutely hate snow)  🙂

And we have so many cruises from many ports, we do not even fly/drive to Florida for cruises anymore.

As for other lines... We did sail with 8 lines up to pandemic, but we hit D in 2018 (before 2016 we only had 5 cruises with Royal) ... and started cruising more and more with Royal out of Northeast.

Our first cruise after restart was on Celebrity Edge as it was the very first ship sailing from US (Florida).... and it was a great cruise.

Then 12 (I think) now are all with RCI from NJ or Baltimore.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Hello,

I should have made Pin in October 2020 had not the cruises been cancelled. Yes I benefitted from double solo points and Royals double everything (suite) points but it still took me two years longer to reach Pin than originally booked. (Though not as much money!🤣)

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2