Breaking News - No More Arrival Times.

Steelers36

On today's webinar for TA's Carmen Roig has officially announced the end of stupid (my word) Arrival Groups/Times.  They are officially now saying gone from App now or as of August 1 and just show up anytime that suits within the ship's check-in window.

So, things are now going to be the way most everyone on here has been saying about checking in.

It is part of their quest to make the whole Ocean Ready and check-in process simpler and easier.

(There was no mention of App bugs - LOL).

• Like 12
  • Thanks 12

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

On today's webinar for TA's Carmen Roig has officially announced the end of stupid (my word) Arrival Groups/Times.  They are officially now saying gone from App now or as of August 1 and just show up anytime that suits within the ship's check-in window.

So, things are now going to be the way most everyone on here has been saying about checking in.

It is part of their quest to make the whole Ocean Ready and check-in process simpler and easier.

Yeah!!!  Does Southampton know that?

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yeah!!!  Does Southampton know that?

😂

I wonder.  I should have posted that during the webinar period as they may have noticed it.  It does seem they need a wake-up call over there.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You’re right … I don’t think anybody ever paid attention to those times anyway.  I was on the first cruise back out after CoVid and it was the only time anybody even asked me about my arrival time.  We were coming in by Uber and they asked while still on the road before we got off to the drop off sidewalk.  I had early boarding and they were already letting people on but for goodness sake, what were they going to do if my boarding time had been an hour or two later?  I could certainly have waited outside the terminal but the Uber driver wasn’t going to sit and wait with us in the car.  

It’s all a moot point for us as there is still priority boarding, at least I hope there is.  
I still have the choice on the app for picking an arrival time but that will probably go away.  

• Like 1

I still hope they post late ship arrival times. I'm not fond of waiting in the terminal for the ship to be cleared.   I think that was one of the pluses .

1 hour ago, wannagonow123 said:

Do you know if they will post the boarding window on the app? My cruise is out of Brooklyn and my paperwork says we depart at 7pm.

It should be on the travel summary on your cruise personalizer.  After August 1st, the arrivals groups are supposed to be gone.  Right now it shows your ship boarding time.  It also tells you to be there 90 mins before sailing time to complete your checkin if you’ve not done so.  After August 1st, IDK if the language will be any different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waltd said:

I still hope they post late ship arrival times. I'm not fond of waiting in the terminal for the ship to be cleared.   I think that was one of the pluses .

They don't need to post late arrival times, just come before the end of the arrival period. If you want to be last to board, you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You’re right … I don’t think anybody ever paid attention to those times anyway.  I was on the first cruise back out after CoVid and it was the only time anybody even asked me about my arrival time.  We were coming in by Uber and they asked while still on the road before we got off to the drop off sidewalk.  I had early boarding and they were already letting people on but for goodness sake, what were they going to do if my boarding time had been an hour or two later?  I could certainly have waited outside the terminal but the Uber driver wasn’t going to sit and wait with us in the car.  

It’s all a moot point for us as there is still priority boarding, at least I hope there is.  
I still have the choice on the app for picking an arrival time but that will probably go away.  

Yes, that should be gone around August 1 with next software update roll-out. 

Of course, we'll still have priority check-in/boarding.  I don't see any changes there.  

Some people were paying attention as there have been countless questions and threads on this forum about picking arrival groups and times in the App and every time some one of us or other would tell them just to arrive at their convenience.  Even when you ran into the situation above, having priority check-in overrode the App groups (per Jan Swartz at the return to sea launch).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, waltd said:

Not arrival times.  The ship has a check-in window and final time to be checked in (~90 mins prior to sail time).  Same as ever that way.  I am not sure PCL ever publishes the unofficial start of check-in (often 10am).

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

whats the issue with Southampton?
back in June we went thro in about 15mins from arriving

Some had reported that they were getting more strict with adhering to

your arrival group time.  Shouldn’t be a problem after Aug. 1st.

Well, boarding window from travel summary seems to be not consistent with arrival group times. For our next cruise July 19th out of Southampton travel summary indicates boarding window from 12:30pm. But our chosen arrival group in the app indicates boarding from 11:00. 

Good they give up the arrival groups as they never controlled anything an were not meant to control something😀

38 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Some had reported that they were getting more strict with adhering to

your arrival group time.  Shouldn’t be a problem after Aug. 1st.

No problems boarding in Southampton on June 25th.  Tapped Medallion, passports checked, brief wait in PES pre-boarding area and then called to board.  Probably the easiest experience boarding yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

No problems boarding in Southampton on June 25th.  Tapped Medallion, passports checked, brief wait in PES pre-boarding area and then called to board.  Probably the easiest experience boarding yet.

I can go after PCL IT with tooth and nails, but seems to me, they have always been very efficient at getting guests on and off the ships.  It's a pretty smooth process and we certainly enjoy having the priority access as it can make a difference at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, that should be gone around August 1 with next software update roll-out. 

Of course, we'll still have priority check-in/boarding.  I don't see any changes there.  

Some people were paying attention as there have been countless questions and threads on this forum about picking arrival groups and times in the App and every time some one of us or other would tell them just to arrive at their convenience.  Even when you ran into the situation above, having priority check-in overrode the App groups (per Jan Swartz at the return to sea launch).

Agreed.  Countless questions and threads on the arrivals groups AND countless times repeating how to accomplish this on the App.  Will save

a lot of typing, hopefully.

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Agreed.  Countless questions and threads on the arrivals groups AND countless times repeating how to accomplish this on the App.  Will save

a lot of typing, hopefully.

Not on your life.  A year from now someone will post asking where did the Arrival Groups go in the Princess App (only they will call it the Medallion App).

PS - We're still getting coffee card questions.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We all had to learn them.  Platinum Elite Suite.  However, the Elite and Suite should be a separate section with a different range of boarding group codes assigned.

It usually is but wasn't for that cruise.  Maybe because boarding started so early so there wasn't much of a wait?

On 7/13/2023 at 8:22 PM, Steelers36 said:

I wonder.  I should have posted that during the webinar period as they may have noticed it.  It does seem they need a wake-up call over there.

Oh please please please have Southampton wake up. I don’t want to be put in a sheep pen…. Sorry, I meant holding area 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, Steelers36 said:

To be honest we have not paid attention to arrival times as we live in Florida and drive 95% of the time to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruises with Princess, Celebrity or Holland America. We usually leave around 8AM for the 2 hour and 20 minute drive to the port, we do this in case of problems that might crop up such as road closures or flat tires etc etc. I can’t remember one time that anyone has ever checked our arrival time. 

• Like 3