Cheers Package - Prebuying 10% off gone?

angelhelly

Good morning,

First sailing with Carnival, so still trying to learn the ropes.

I wanted to buy the drink package. The description says that it is 10% off when buying it online, but shows 59ppd. 

Am I missing something? Did the price went up again?

Thank you for your help,

2 minutes ago, MommyCrankyPants said:

You save 10% by purchasing online versus paying full price once onboard the ship. 🙂 Happy cruising!!

Where does it show? I got to checkout and for a 7 day cruise, it is $990.38, which is 59.95 a day x7 days + 18% gratuities. Shouldn't it be closer to 891.34?

8 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

Where does it show? I got to checkout and for a 7 day cruise, it is $990.38, which is 59.95 a day x7 days + 18% gratuities. Shouldn't it be closer to 891.34?

I found this under the Q&A:

Does the package have to be purchased for the entire week or can it be purchased on a daily/a la carte basis?
The beverage package can only be purchased for the entire voyage at a rate of $59.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% service charge, via Carnival’s website and $64.95 USD per person, per day plus18% service charge, if purchased once on board. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/cheers!-beverage-program-q%26as

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

The daily cost is (I think) $64.95 if you wait until you are on board.  That's where the difference comes from.  So purchasing ahead does save you that 10% over buying onboard.

That’s it there. Instead of showing you a mark down before the cruise you just get the surprise higher price when you try to buy it on the ship. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ibarrio said:

You can get Cheers for $900 if you use AARP gift cards, it will cost you $900 to buy $1000 worth of carnival giftcards 

Yes, you buy the AARP Carnival gift cards (electronic version) online for 10% off $500 cards (cost $450) and $100 cards (cost $90). You need to purchase the online, electronic version of these denominations. (Other denominations are available, but are real cards. You need electronic cards, with their immediate numbers, etc. to use online when checking out with Carnival.)  Any amount left on the card can be used onboard for ANY purchase, even in the stores.  These cards can be used to purchase the cruise itself, shore excursions, dining, drinks packages, even tips. (I have used them for all of those things.) Once you join AARP, it is under AARP Awards.

• Like 5

I'm new to the Carnival cheers package. Does Carnival offer sales on it, besides the 10% presale discount? Royal Caribbean sporadically offers sales on their beverage packages, like on Black Friday for example.  Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Terry in NJ said:

I'm new to the Carnival cheers package. Does Carnival offer sales on it, besides the 10% presale discount? Royal Caribbean sporadically offers sales on their beverage packages, like on Black Friday for example.  Thanks!

No.  I have seen a rare coupon code for Black Friday (I think), but never count on seeing one again.

3 hours ago, Terry in NJ said:

Not sure how they got it but our friends paid $150 for the week on Celebration in May.  She said she got an email before the cruise.

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

Not sure how they got it but our friends paid $150 for the week on Celebration in May.  She said she got an email before the cruise.

They probably booked a "Cheers To You" rate code. Those rate codes were much more common than they are now, they've slowly dropped off most people's offer listings as we've gotten further and further away from the initial restart.

6 hours ago, Terry in NJ said:

No, Carnival charges the same price for all of their cruises, unlike RCI and their Dynamic Pricing policy which fluctuates depending upon the ship you're on and when you sail.  The majority of the time it is much more expensive than the Cheers package.  The only time it's cheaper is off season on the older rust buckets of RCI.  If you sail on one of their newer ships, you'll be spending substantially more than what Cheers costs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

They probably booked a "Cheers To You" rate code. Those rate codes were much more common than they are now, they've slowly dropped off most people's offer listings as we've gotten further and further away from the initial restart.

And sometimes people like my sister in law fib...."I got it on sale"   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, angelhelly said:

FWIW I ran the numbers out of curiosity and came up with the same figure as Carnival. Can’t see a reason why you came up with $891 price.

33 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

FWIW I ran the numbers out of curiosity and came up with the same figure as Carnival. Can’t see a reason why you came up with $891 price.

They believed that by purchasing the package early they would receive a 10% discount. 10% off of $990.38 makes it $891.34. The confusion was that by purchasing early you already receive a 10% discount off the price vs buying it onboard.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

If the description says 10%, then it needs to be changed, because $59.95 is not a 10% savings on $64.95.

I'd have to agree there, that is a bit misleading. Was it 10% before the recent price change? I can't remember what the old cost was per day. 

7 minutes ago, ManImBored said:

I'd have to agree there, that is a bit misleading. Was it 10% before the recent price change? I can't remember what the old cost was per day. 

I have never gotten it, so I really don't know.  I thought it may say up to 10% or something like that, but I just looked at our September cruise and it says save 10%, so definitely misleading.  This is the quote for the purchase page:

Enjoy the ease of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages over the entire length of your cruise.  Now, that’s something to cheer about! Save 10% by purchasing before you sail. 

Actually the website does say 10%, this is right from my planner. This is illegal in most states, you can't advertise something and then not offer. 

DETAILS

Enjoy the ease of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages over the entire length of your cruise.  Now, that’s something to cheer about! Save 10% by purchasing before you sail. 

Cut-off for pre-purchase is 11:59 PM the day before embarkation and 9:00pm EST through call center. Additional restrictions apply, see below.

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes