Cabin change 🤔

morrowz

We are on Pride of America ,on 30 th September ,I just noticed they have changed our stateroom ,we chose 4071 inside midship ,and that was correct at final payment ,now it is inside cabin 10519 ,I don’t understand ,why they would do this.Should I contact them ,or do I just go with it ?Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, morrowz said:

We are on Pride of America ,on 30 th September ,I just noticed they have changed our stateroom ,we chose 4071 inside midship ,and that was correct at final payment ,now it is inside cabin 10519 ,I don’t understand ,why they would do this.Should I contact them ,or do I just go with it ?Thanks in advance.

NCL reserves the right to change cabins if you picked a room category that is designated "Sail Away" or is "Handicap."

I just checked the deck plans for The Pride-- Cabin 10519 is forward.  For me, it would be a wonderful upgrade.

Go to Norwegian's website: Explore- Cruise Ships- Pride (all the way to the bottom of the listing)--Click on Staterooms-- Deck 10.

Have a wonderful cruise

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morrowz said:

Personally, I would like 10519 better--it has cabins above and below it and I feel it would be a quieter cabin.  4071 has public space above it.

• Like 3

And sorry ,I am not sure what ‘sail away ‘ means

As mentioned, "Sail Away" rates are sometimes offered for inside, ocean view, and balcony categories.  They are the lowest rates for each category but, you do not get to pick your cabin and you do not get offered the free at sea drink, dining, or internet package.  

5 hours ago, morrowz said:

And sorry ,I am not sure what ‘sail away ‘ means

Sail Away means just that. You get on the ship and sail away in whatever cabin they choose for you...and without any additional benefits such as drink package, specialty dining, etc. It's a bare-bones fare.

I wouldn’t have questioned the change if I hadn’t picked my cabin ,when we first booked 12 months ago ,it was only changed a few days ago and we weren’t notified ,Jist find it a bit odd .And no not a bare bones fare .

No request for upgrade ,but we will go with the change ,we have never sailed so high up and always midship ,hoping the weather isn’t rough around Hawaii 

One thing to remember the next time you book a cruise, ask to have it noted that you do not want an upgrade. I usually do this because I am picky about my cabin location. 

12 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

Wow, I can't believe NCL changed your cabin without your permission, when you picked a specific cabin and paid for that choice. I would be annoyed and upset too. Did you request an upgrade or something similar?

The terms and conditions of your cruise contract clearly state that is allowed.

On 7/24/2023 at 7:30 AM, CruisnDeb said:

Personally, I would like 10519 better--it has cabins above and below it and I feel it would be a quieter cabin.  4071 has public space above it.

I think most people would, but the two people I am traveling with in August and myself all selected inside rooms on the lowest possible floor as close to the center of the boat as possible, to avoid sea sickness. Swaying that high up would have us all green all the time. 😄 (I'm the least susceptible so will take a higher room if one of us gets moved.)

And someone else mentioned being close to the buffet - I find seven flights of stairs (we don't use the elevator) a great incentive against late night snacking! 😉 

OP - I hope you have a blast and the room works out great for you!

On 7/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, CruisnDeb said:

4071 also has crew space below it which may be active 24/7.