Which side of the ship faces the dock when docked in Kings Wharf in Bermuda?

23 minutes ago, cruiseliz44 said:

We have a balcony and was wondering if my balcony will face the dock when we dock in Kings Wharf, Bermuda.    Would love to have a view of the port.

It can be docked either way. Sorry no way to predict. That decision is based on wind, tides, lifeboat drills and maintenance.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The only way to answer the question with any certainty is "the outside"😄

It is actually easy enough to go outside on deck and see the port side. The view on the non port side is a pleasant view, you can see boats heading to Hamilton. It never concerned me which side because I don't spend much time on the ship while docked in Bermuda. Sitting outside on the balcony facing the port is not really that exciting until the ship is getting ready to leave Bermuda and there are sometimes pier runners. Can go up on deck for that. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

It is the harbor master who decides which side faces the dock.

Ships can dock on either port or starboard side, depending on the layout of the port itself, the direction you are sailing in, and individual government regulations about how cruise ships can be arranged on a pier. It's also often at the discretion of the captain to choose how to position the ship in port.Mar 6, 2023

Cruise ships will have docking facilities on both port and starboard sides, and often it’s up to the captain as to which way to dock based on their direction of approach and sailing direction once they set sail, among the layout and regulations mentioned above.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Ships can dock on either port or starboard side, depending on the layout of the port itself, the direction you are sailing in, and individual government regulations about how cruise ships can be arranged on a pier. It's also often at the discretion of the captain to choose how to position the ship in port.Mar 6, 2023

Cruise ships will have docking facilities on both port and starboard sides, and often it’s up to the captain as to which way to dock based on their direction of approach and sailing direction once they set sail, among the layout and regulations mentioned above.

I agree with you in general but the navigable channel into Bermuda is narrow and requires a pilot boat.  I think the Captain and harbor authorities both will have something to say but layout wise they can dock in either direction at both King's Wharf and Heritage Wharf. I would guess under most circumstances once they get as far as the docks the Captain will choose the position. 

• Like 1

I always try to book starboard because the majority of our cruises have always docked starboard to pier, I'd say 80% but ya never know.  Some may rather just look at the ocean, I like to watch what's happening on the pier.