Dress code for men (and women) in MDR on the Liberty of the Seas.

12 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

True but there was no extra charge for baggage.  You could bring 4 large bags for 2 people without paying an additional fee.  It made it easier to bring more clothes.

I guess if you want to break down the cost of your cruise there would be 50 categories of what you are paying for.  Might be an interesting exercise. Any takers?

That's why I USUALLY say that there is "NO EXTRA CHARGE", it's paid for in the fare regardless if you bring one or a hundred bags (yes, that's an exaggeration, for effect).  

On 7/25/2023 at 5:54 PM, cruiseliz44 said:

Will my husband be turned away if he is wearing shorts?

No

If he has to wear pants, can it be blue jeans?

Trick question, since he doesn't have to wear pants...unless you make him, and then whether it can be blue jeans is also most likely up to you.

Can women wear shorts in the MDR?

Yes

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

But are they 'dress' shorts? 😏

They are Hurley hybrid shorts in my case. And I'm dressed in them. Man, a 4 day cruise to Coco Cay to veg out from work ain't that serious. There's 3 decks in a dining room, open for several hours, and multiple other restaurants. You're facing one way, looking at a window, a wall, or a handful of tables, that you can't see under the table cloth unless you're actually some sort of creep crawling around the floor. For some of us it's just a floating, hot weather resort. C'est la vie. 

19 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

You always paid for luggage.  It was just included in the airfare for everyone even if all you took was a handbag.   Nothing is ever, "no charge"

it must have been dirt cheap. I remember flying to Florida from the northeast for like $59 each way. 😁

2 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

it must have been dirt cheap. I remember flying to Florida from the northeast for like $59 each way. 😁

You can still get Southwest flights for about that and that includes 1 piece of luggage and a carryon or two.  

20 hours ago, Ret MP said:

You can still get Southwest flights for about that and that includes 1 piece of luggage and a carryon or two.  

I fly further and pay more on American Airlines, but they allow me 3 bags up to 70 lbs each for free. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I fly further and pay more on American Airlines, but they allow me 3 bags up to 70 lbs each for free. 

The bags are not 'free', you pay for them in the more expensive fare. It's all a shell game really in the air industry, and in cruising too for that matter.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

If you dress in slacks, you will be served Half and Half.  In shorts you will get milk.  Want real cream, wear evening clothes!

M

I had an old, eccentric uncle. His family doctor told him to use low fat milk on his cereal; he thought it tasted watery, so he just used water! What a unique character he was. 

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, Rob-Bob said:

True but there was no extra charge for baggage.  You could bring 4 large bags for 2 people without paying an additional fee.  It made it easier to bring more clothes.

Our go-to airline to fly to the UK used to allow 2 checked bags each if you were cruising (we did 4 cruises from Southampton).  Now we have to pay for the first bag even.  Don't want to pay for another too!