Jason Liberty on CNBC

Orator

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Asked a question on the difference of pricing on a cruise and land based price. Said that he wanted to narrow the price gap. To me that means higher prices.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Asked a question on the difference of pricing on a cruise and land based price. Said that he wanted to narrow the price gap. To me that means higher prices.

I think you are correct on that.  They will try to make the business case, that they still are the better value.  

I wonder how much the introduction of "totally" nonrefundable deposits has impacted them.  The price difference to eliminate the new risk doesn't seem worth it to me.  Love Celebrity, but I am not going down that path with them after my next cruise.  Their prices with the extra cost of the refundable are similar or more than Oceania and Azamara.  

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

They'll keep upping prices until they reach a tipping point where people stop buying.  I hope it comes sooner rather than later!!  

Over the years, they did that with both Speciality Restaurant pricing and Drink packages as I recall.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, Orator said:

Yep saw that interview as well.   Basically said ships are full, demand is high, people paying the fares and there is room to increase.  I don't see any fire sales anytime soon.

• Like 1

Agree. Bookings are strong and unless there is a major "buyer's strike" they will continue to go higher. RCL, as most businesses are concerned about growing the bottom line as they should. They are concerned about profits, not whether you or I cruise with them. 

21 minutes ago, horseymike said:

His appearance on CNBC was used to try and lure investors, so naturally he is going to beat the drum about how much money the company is going to make.

Did he say anything about reinstating the dividend ?

You can spin it as you wan

21 minutes ago, horseymike said:

His appearance on CNBC was used to try and lure investors, so naturally he is going to beat the drum about how much money the company is going to make.

Did he say anything about reinstating the dividend ?

. You can spin it any way you want, but his message was to me  that you will pay more for less.There was no mention of a dividend. I suspect that paying the debt incurred in the Covid period is a wiser use of profits.