Eliminating Butlers - Spoke to Celebrity. Here is conversation.

LMHSRN

7 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Actually, the X website does list the mini fridge as a benefit in ALL suites including SS. But it shows the additional comment “extra charge MAY apply” as to all suites — even RS and above. X seems to be keeping the matter vague, on purpose.

Wasn't vague on my Dec. cruise on the Summit.  I had the premium beverage package, but I do not drink alcohol.  I asked the room steward on the first day if they could remove the alcohol and replace with Perrier.  He said he'd take care of it, and he did, I had my fridge stocked with Perrier or San Pelligrino every day of the cruise.

11 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Actually, the X website does list the mini fridge as a benefit in ALL suites including SS. But it shows the additional comment “extra charge MAY apply” as to all suites — even RS and above. X seems to be keeping the matter vague, on purpose.

It's not vague at all if you look at the amenities for each type of suite.

This is a Signature Suite:

Exclusive services and amenities

• Complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily
  • Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants
  • Two complimentary bottles of premium spirits
  • VIP canapés
  • Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise)
  • Priority luggage delivery

This is a Sky Suite:

Exclusive services and amenities

• Daily delivery of afternoon savories upon request
  • Afternoon tea event hosted in The Retreat Lounge
  • Complimentary 24-hour room service
  • Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Complimentary shoe shine service

The first includes complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily.

The second does not.

• Thanks 2

I was told a few years ago that the butler could stock things they had in their "pantry", sodas, water,  beer - but not things like hard liquor.

And that hasn't changed with the team approach - I get what I ask for.

And for those of you who still haven't heard - the dedicated butlers will be back in the next few months.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Wasn't vague on my Dec. cruise on the Summit.  I had the premium beverage package, but I do not drink alcohol.  I asked the room steward on the first day if they could remove the alcohol and replace with Perrier.  He said he'd take care of it, and he did, I had my fridge stocked with Perrier or San Pelligrino every day of the cruise.

Question from another Perrier fan?  Last cruise on the Eclipse I didn’t bother asking for Perrier as I thought it wasn’t available.  What was your experience on the Summit trying to find it outside of your cabin?

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, Veinless said:

I can’t believe Celebrity is now going to be cutting the enhanced service they promised with a butler team. 

Well that’s just outrageous!  I can’t believe Celebrity is raising their standards for customer service.  This is the last straw.  I’m canceling my next cruise as soon as I write to the Executive office to complain about this improvement!  😭

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Question from another Perrier fan?  Last cruise on the Eclipse I didn’t bother asking for Perrier as I thought it wasn’t available.  What was your experience on the Summit trying to find it outside of your cabin?

When I had the beverage package it was also hard to get perrier always had san pellegrino available. This time I'm bringing my own small bottles onboard. I can't remember but 7.50 or 9.50 a bottle is outrageous and I believe gratuities are added to it. 

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

In the suite he stocked both.  If I remember correctly Il Bacio had San P and the pool bar (one closest to the pool) had Perrier.  In sky lounge, he opened the bottle and poured in a glass, so I didn't see what it was.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:23 AM, jelayne said:

Went did that change?  We boarded and disembarked with Suite guests last month. 

On 2/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, cruising teacher said:

Zenith no longer board with Suites? I hope this is not true!!!

We just got off the 12 day Mardi Gras cruise Thursday on Constellation. We are Zenith and boarded with Suite guests.

Well, it is good that all priority booking categories stay in place. The two times that we were suite guests, we weren’t bothered by the Zenith guests boarding with us.  Boarding was no problem, and I hope it stays that way, Zeniths and all.  You know what? I suspect that X ships have gotten too big! How does a line offer a premium or lux experience in a 3500 passenger ship? I don’t know, and apparently X doesn’t know either. The way matters have been recently, we’ll never be Zenith. The prices are above those on recognized lux lines for similar suites, but with fewer inclusions. So where are we going to book? You guessed it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Well, it is good that all priority booking categories stay in place. The two times that we were suite guests, we weren’t bothered by the Zenith guests boarding with us.  Boarding was no problem, and I hope it stays that way, Zeniths and all.  You know what? I suspect that X ships have gotten too big! How does a line offer a premium or lux experience in a 3500 passenger ship? I don’t know, and apparently X doesn’t know either. The way matters have been recently, we’ll never be Zenith. The prices are above those on recognized lux lines for similar suites, but with fewer inclusions. So where are we going to book? You guessed it.

Where are going to book ? 🤔

15 hours ago, drakes2 said:

When I had the beverage package it was also hard to get perrier always had san pellegrino available. This time I'm bringing my own small bottles onboard. I can't remember but 7.50 or 9.50 a bottle is outrageous and I believe gratuities are added to it. 

We paid $7.00/ btl   at a high end local restaurant in Fl last night.. The bottles they serve are large so better if we can split it..Guess it's cheaper at Publix.

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

We paid $7.00/ btl   at a high end local restaurant in Fl last night.. The bottles they serve are large so better if we can split it..Guess it's cheaper at Publix.

I know they have them in your cabin and I thought the price was around $9 plus gratuities. I will have room in my case so may bring 1 possibly 2 bottles with me. I can get them for a buck in Canada when they go on sale. Small bottles are bulky to pack

Edited by drakes2
Spelling

35 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I know they have them in your cabin and I thought the price was around $9 plus gratuities. I will have room in my case so may bring 1 possibly 2 bottles with me. I can get them for a buck in Canada when they go on sale. Small bottles are bulky to pack

Just bring a soda stream machine with you 😁🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

Boarded the Silhouette today with Suites 👌

Same. Haven’t met the butler or butler-adjacent yet.

Room still has dirty glasses from last occupant. It is now 9pm. Yuck!

We are getting ready to cruise our second Celebrity cruise, we had a SS last April and are booked in a CS this trip. Seems we will have the Butler back, we did not have one last April (if we did we never saw him/her). Can you tell me what benefits are offered with the Butler; we have cruised Royal Star Class and familiar with a genie, I think this is different.

Appreciate any advice, thanks

2 hours ago, dst said:

Can you tell me what benefits are offered with the Butler;

There are not really any extra benefits. You just have access to someone who will perform tasks for you so you don’t need to do them yourself: make reservations, fetch drinks and snacks, etc. 

• Thanks 1