Inaugural Sailing Observations

Keith1010

So glad to hear about your wonderful evening in the new Italian restaurant and greatly appreciate your thoughts. We too enjoyed Prego, especially with Paolo, but for us it was definitely American Italian, which is good but in a different way, and we only wanted to go there very occasionally. Authentic Northern Italian cuisine is one of our very favorites and judging from your report, the new osteria falls well within this category! This is very good news and seems that Crystal has made a great improvement to something that was already good. Bravo! Can’t wait, but just wondering, will Paolo still be around November 2 in Miami? Thanks for your report on what sounds like a super evening!

• Like 1

Keith,

We are really enjoying all your posts, so please keep them coming but don't forget to enjoy your holiday.

We are booked on Symphony this October and again in April and May next year so your comments are very much appreciated and make us really happy.  We can't wait to get onboard. 

A small question.  Are there guest speakers onboard and what are their topics?

Cheers

Rod & Linda

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

All cuisine developed by a chef of the michelon restaurant.  Good in my book.

Book a cruise.  You'll find out.

So it goes.

Any idea of the chef’s name. Not that it matters but just curious.

Hope you will post waterside menus.

Bags are packed ( almost) Cannot wait for September 8 th sailing. A bit bittersweet as we are sailing the Endeavour  directly  before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ibis said:

So glad to hear about your wonderful evening in the new Italian restaurant and greatly appreciate your thoughts. We too enjoyed Prego, especially with Paolo, but for us it was definitely American Italian, which is good but in a different way, and we only wanted to go there very occasionally. Authentic Northern Italian cuisine is one of our very favorites and judging from your report, the new osteria falls well within this category! This is very good news and seems that Crystal has made a great improvement to something that was already good. Bravo! Can’t wait, but just wondering, will Paolo still be around November 2 in Miami? Thanks for your report on what sounds like a super evening!

Paul goes home at the end of this cruise.  So he would be back when you sail.

We were very happy with the cuisine.

Keith

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emdee said:

Any idea of the chef’s name. Not that it matters but just curious.

Hope you will post waterside menus.

Bags are packed ( almost) Cannot wait for September 8 th sailing. A bit bittersweet as we are sailing the Endeavour  directly  before.

I will try to ask but can't remember.

Not so easy to post menus as they are not on line.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zele said:

Keith,

We are really enjoying all your posts, so please keep them coming but don't forget to enjoy your holiday.

We are booked on Symphony this October and again in April and May next year so your comments are very much appreciated and make us really happy.  We can't wait to get onboard. 

A small question.  Are there guest speakers onboard and what are their topics?

Cheers

Rod & Linda

Rod and Linda,

Many thanks for your kind comments.

There are guest speakers but they haven't spoken but I will let you know the topics they cover and if they are the same as I posted a month or two ago.

Keith

• Like 1

We haven't had an issue with photographers for at least many years - it was great having them so when you wanted pictures you could get them

I remember when Crystal had the painting sales sessions - speaking of non-luxury but they went away and as said many things change which is good.

7 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Paul goes home at the end of this cruise.  So he would be back when you sail.

We were very happy with the cuisine.

Keith

Will miss Paolo. Hope to see other familiar faces! 

Keith, it all looks outstanding! Only 65 days until I sail but who’s counting? Will you post menus for all the restaurants at some point? I’m especially interested in the Osteria d’Ovidio menu - sounds like it is fantastic…. Keep enjoying and thanks again! 

3 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Keith, it all looks outstanding! Only 65 days until I sail but who’s counting? Will you post menus for all the restaurants at some point? I’m especially interested in the Osteria d’Ovidio menu - sounds like it is fantastic…. Keep enjoying and thanks again! 

I will try to post menus of some of the meals including the Osteria d’Ovidio menu. Menus are not on line so harder to post.

• Like 2

Hi Keith any idea if there are any USB ports in the rooms for charging?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration in finding that out.

Also for me it would be if they are available in a double standard room. 

1 hour ago, seasack said:

Hi Keith any idea if there are any USB ports in the rooms for charging?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration in finding that out.

Also for me it would be if they are available in a double standard room. 

I will be sure to take a look when we do a tour.

Keith

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

Keith,

Thanks for your comment about the double rooms and single rooms.  I'm booked into a single rooml so if yuou can take some pictures, it would be appreciated.

You are welcome. What I learned from speaking with a fellow guest who is in one of the rooms the single rooms look the same as the other double occupancy rooms. They have both beds and the only thing different is their location.

Keith

2 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Do tell, what is your definition of 21st century tea service??

Not with the waitstaff wearing that silly 18th century attire.  I would also prefer that the service is not a buffet.  I do like a Tower o’ Treats!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Not with the waitstaff wearing that silly 18th century attire.  I would also prefer that the service is not a buffet.  I do like a Tower o’ Treats!

Wasn't that just one afternoon tea, the Mozart Tea, on each cruise? It was individual service with a "Tower of Treats" on every other day. How long has it been since you were on Crystal??

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Wasn't that just one afternoon tea, the Mozart Tea, on each cruise? It was individual service with a "Tower of Treats" on every other day. How long has it been since you were on Crystal??

Good to know.  It’s been a few years, I sail on SS usually.  The Mozart Tea must have been on sea days.  I’m usually off the ship all day otherwise.