Inaugural Sailing Observations

Keith1010

OK, 

Observations.

Umi Uma better than ever.

Entire wait staff and sommelier team there except one person.

Tables, chair and couches beautiful.

Couch very comfortable.

Sushi/Sashimi included along with a few items that you purchase which is the same as before.

Fantastic window curtains so if it is really sunny it keeps the sun out.

Where the two large tables used to be food stations. Badly needed and great spot.

The Nobu wine is not yet on-board but no worries it is coming.

The Bistro. Walked it for a second time with Anne Marie.  Really looks great and Anne Marie noticed the lights on the wall which look like birds.

Also have much improved window covers.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Keith,

You do realize you haven’t answered the most important Bistro question, are there Portuguese tarts?!?!?!

Patty

That is your assignment when you get on next week!😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

is it hard to get reservations at uni uma?  what is the procedure for getting a table?

You are entitled to one reservation at each, Umi Uma and Osteria, and you make them as soon as you can (now starting at 60 days out). That’s for shorter cruises.

plus, there’s more, but the short answer is you never should get off the ship at end of cruise w/o having dined there

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for your posts and feedback. I really appreciate the information!

Two questions, if you have the time, but don't go out of your way to answer. Please enjoy your vacation!

1. Is the Bistro open in the evening after dinner? I used to enjoy going there for some light desserts, cheese and some wine after dinner. It wasn't open in the evening during my last cruises on Serenity due to staff shortages. It was a nice nightcap.

2. In Umi Uma (or UU as an alias), is the Nobu Box offered again? No problem if not, but it was a convenient way to try 3 specialties of the restaurant.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Keith,

You do realize you haven’t answered the most important Bistro question, are there Portuguese tarts?!?!?!

Patty

It's funny. Anne Marie and I stopped in before dinner last night and I was thinking of this but even I know they are not available then.  🙂  

Keith

8 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

is it hard to get reservations at uni uma?  what is the procedure for getting a table?

This I don't know as we made them before hand and we are not going to dine there anymore than the pre-cruise reservations.  

With that said additional ones can be made on board including having the butler make them or visiting the Specialty Restaurant Maitre d' when he has office hours.

Keith

17 minutes ago, 1st time aboard said:

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for your posts and feedback. I really appreciate the information!

Two questions, if you have the time, but don't go out of your way to answer. Please enjoy your vacation!

1. Is the Bistro open in the evening after dinner? I used to enjoy going there for some light desserts, cheese and some wine after dinner. It wasn't open in the evening during my last cruises on Serenity due to staff shortages. It was a nice nightcap.

2. In Umi Uma (or UU as an alias), is the Nobu Box offered again? No problem if not, but it was a convenient way to try 3 specialties of the restaurant.

Thanks!

You are very welcome.

Bistro is open until 6:00 PM

I'lll post the menu later and hope you can read it . We dined in Umi Uma last night.  As you will recall they removed the box a few years ago and they didn't add it back in on the new menu which is very similar to the more recent one.

Keith

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You are very welcome.

Bistro is open until 6:00 PM

I'lll post the menu later and hope you can read it . We dined in Umi Uma last night.  As you will recall they removed the box a few years ago and they didn't add it back in on the new menu which is very similar to the more recent one.

Keith

Thank you Keith!

Went into the Logo Shop last night.  I think they would be wise to offer more polo like shirts and also sport shirts with solid colors including the Crystal color.  It just opened and things take time but will ask about this. Nice to have that separate shop. The concept is to have beachwear also which they do.

Keith

• Like 1

With more butlers it was really nice to see some of the new team being comprised of staff getting well deserved promotions with some butlers coming from the outside who have a lot of related experience.  We've met most of them now.  

The good news for all positions is that those from the outside benefit greatly from the experienced staff helping them out such as say in the bar area.

Everywhere you will go you will see so many familiar faces.  When I used to say the majority of crew would be returning I was not "kidding".  You remember. Majority.  Many. A lot.  Well all is true.  🙂 Now how much wasted time was spent on that. Too much IMHO.

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Keith,

Patty

Here is a tart update. Crystal is back!!

1258DE26-9DC1-4CE8-AFF9-5DCE3A74E669.jpeg

Edited by barefoot girl
  • Like 9

28 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

A few of you have asked about outlets in the new Sapphire and Aquamarine Suites. I followed up and want to let you know there are lots of electrical outlets and both b and c ports.

Keith

I am currently in a classic Aquamarine suite. There are two outlets that will accept 120v. Both  at the desks.

As an aside, neither the carpet or the furniture was replaced. Both have seen better days. With all of the renovations, this seems to be the easiest to do. And several guests that I have talked to feel the same way.

Still happy to be on Crystal even with worn carpet.

Umi last pm was great as usual. It is a beautiful room. Looking forward to trying Osteria.

• Like 1