A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

4 hours ago, villauk said:

I

IMG_0096.jpeg

I have been reading these boards with interest. I have just checked the two cruises we have booked for 2024 and 2025 and have noticed that our travel summary is updated and would like to put a question out there. Can anyone answer what DND - Internal use only is?? 

For our cruise in September 2024 (11 days) we have been charged $15.95 AUD and for our cruise in May 2025 (15 days) we have been charged $21.75 AUD. We have purchased the Plus package for both cruises and there is no mention of the 2 extra dining at Alfredos in the listing.

Just curious if this is the activation charge that has been mentioned for using Ocean Medallion delivery? 

image.png.fe3fdacb32d713724b418bfabecec6e0.png

9 minutes ago, wintrev said:

I have been reading these boards with interest. I have just checked the two cruises we have booked for 2024 and 2025 and have noticed that our travel summary is updated and would like to put a question out there. Can anyone answer what DND - Internal use only is?? 

For our cruise in September 2024 (11 days) we have been charged $15.95 AUD and for our cruise in May 2025 (15 days) we have been charged $21.75 AUD. We have purchased the Plus package for both cruises and there is no mention of the 2 extra dining at Alfredos in the listing.

Just curious if this is the activation charge that has been mentioned for using Ocean Medallion delivery? 

Not sure on the summary, but it usually stands for Do not Disclose.  Could be the TA or a PCL note.

It will take time to update records to reflect the new changes.  Effective starting in August.

Edited by PacnGoNow

I watched the webinar. You will receive the new benefits if you purchased the Plus or Premier packages on or after December 14, 2022 without an additional charge. You will need to pay the difference between the current price and your original price if you purchased either package prior to December 14, 2022.

31 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Why was the other thread closed?  I didn’t get to read all 80+ pages.  It’s probably dead and buried by now. 

You can still read it.  Think it became too much of a gripe session and off topic.  Not sure though.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not sure on the summary, but it usually stands for Do not Disclose.  Could be the TA or a PCL note.

It will take time to update records to reflect the new changes.  Effective starting in August.

Thanks for your reply. We only deal direct with Princess - never used a TA as I prefer to be able to change things myself rather than going through another person. Will keep an eye on it over the coming month to see if anything changes.

@Steelers36  found this on Princess’ social media account. If you check in before boarding….you will get to your sanctuary before the others.  Is this the correct thread?

Princess Cruises

Hi Susan. Thank you for your loyalty. All Elite, Platinum, Full Suite and Reserve Collection guests will still be able to take advantage of the Green, Blue, or Accessibility lanes as part of their check-in process. We anticipate boarding will be expedited with our new OceanReady enhancements. You will also receive expedited boarding privileges if check-in begins before the ship has been cleared for boarding by local authorities. Where applicable, terminals with designated priority seating lounges and/or food/beverage offerings will continue. We hope this helps.

2 hours ago, wintrev said:

Mine says, DND - Free Medallion Shipping

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Mine says, DND - Free Medallion Shipping

Unfortunately living as far away as we do from America in the land down under we don't get the privilege of having the medallion sent to us. We have to pick them up at the port. 

If that is the case then why are we being charged different prices as well - surely it would be a set fee?

The plot thickens - lol!

This is all such a mess Princess has created.  I purchased the Premiere upgrade before Dec price increase and was assured after a lengthy chat with Princess that the new 'perks' were included without paying the difference.  We board the Grand Aug 19th and were the first cruise with these changes implemented; I can just see a huge mess when we get on board.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wintrev said:

Unfortunately living as far away as we do from America in the land down under we don't get the privilege of having the medallion sent to us. We have to pick them up at the port. 

If that is the case then why are we being charged different prices as well - surely it would be a set fee?

The plot thickens - lol!

Welcome to the Princess world of inequity.  I’m waiting for them to discount the beverage packages for Elites\Platinums since we are paying full price for something that we are discounted by 50% if we went bare naked.  

Or hit with a supplement if traveling solo.

Or being given “penalties” for traveling as two solos unrelated. 

It’s the terms of the world today.  

• Like 1

I have 2 cruises booked under the Plus 60 fare that is supposed to include a couple of casual dinings. There is absolutely nothing about this on my travel summaries. I looked just now to see if there was an updated summary but neither one of them mentions the casual dining or being able to use the Princess Now feature or room service or any of the changes. Likewise these changes don't show under the Onboard Services tab in the personalizer.

I'm well aware that the 2 cruises I have booked with the old Plus 50 don't include these things but the other 2 booked with Plus 60 are supposed to have them. I don't see anywhere to confirm that Princess is going to honor the changes on the 2 more expensive packages.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have 2 cruises booked under the Plus 60 fare that is supposed to include a couple of casual dinings. There is absolutely nothing about this on my travel summaries. I looked just now to see if there was an updated summary but neither one of them mentions the casual dining or being able to use the Princess Now feature or room service or any of the changes. Likewise these changes don't show under the Onboard Services tab in the personalizer.

I'm well aware that the 2 cruises I have booked with the old Plus 50 don't include these things but the other 2 booked with Plus 60 are supposed to have them. I don't see anywhere to confirm that Princess is going to honor the changes on the 2 more expensive packages.

If you go into booked guests select your cruise and scroll down to Add packages the Plus fare will show all the perks and it will say Purchased.  There is no option to upgrade to it because you already have it.

I have 5 cruises booked with PP and I don’t expect the summaries to change immediately.  

Edited by Sprocket

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

PRINCESS PLUS

• Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Unlimited juice bar
  • Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • Fitness classes (2 per cruise)
  • NEW 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery
  • NEW Room service delivery

Overall Savings of over 50%!

Savings are based on a 7-day cruise

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

Purchased

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Same here. The travel summary for my Plus 50 doesn’t show the new extras, which is expected. But The travel summary for my Plus 60 doesn’t show them either.  Hopefully will be updated eventually.  

3 hours ago, Sprocket said:

If you go into booked guests select your cruise and scroll down to Add packages the Plus fare will show all the perks and it will say Purchased.  There is no option to upgrade to it because you already have it.

I have 5 cruises booked with PP and I don’t expect the summaries to change immediately.  

And so does mine say ‘Purchased’ with no option to upgrade (as shown in #7), but I don’t have any of the new perks!

4 hours ago, SDWalt said:

This is all such a mess Princess has created.  I purchased the Premiere upgrade before Dec price increase and was assured after a lengthy chat with Princess that the new 'perks' were included without paying the difference.  We board the Grand Aug 19th and were the first cruise with these changes implemented; I can just see a huge mess when we get on board.

I also have had a lengthy chat with Princess and booked prior to Dec and was told that we would not be entitled to the new perks unless we upgraded. But thanks for posting this as I will state when I’m onboard in August that it appears some pax are being grandfathered in to the new scheme 👍.

6 minutes ago, dides said:

Wondering why the press release related to all these changes has completed disappeared from the News Center.. not going to read too much into it...  

Still on the website.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/07/princess-adds-casual-dining-exclusive-service-delivery-and-more-to-plus-and-premier-packages-with-no-price-increases.html

I booked a 3 day/7 day b2b for October this year back in October 2022 with Princess Plus. In June the 3 day had a price drop so I got the reduced price. Now under the Princess plus it shows "Plus Bev Pkg + Juice Bar" while the 7 day shows "Plus Beverage Package - 50". It shows the same thing under "travel summary."

I'll go with the flow on this and see what happens.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villauk said:

I also have had a lengthy chat with Princess and booked prior to Dec and was told that we would not be entitled to the new perks unless we upgraded. But thanks for posting this as I will state when I’m onboard in August that it appears some pax are being grandfathered in to the new scheme 👍.

All of my cruises were booked in 2023 and no one that I am aware of has been grandfathered in that booked prior to December 14th.  If you want the new Plus 60 you will have to pay the difference.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SDWalt said:

I have the same situation.  I purchased the Premier upgrade before December price increase.  I logged into my personalizer, selected onboard services, clicked upgrade now.  The screen states "your cost $80 USD per day per guest for Premier upgrade"  IT ALSO STATES " PURCHASED".  It lists all the NEW items (casual dining, OceanNow, and room service)   I printed the pages and will show if needed.  We board the Majestic Princess, August 19th.

• Like 1