Cruise Parking - Iona

Selbourne

14 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

Have heard that passengers faced major problems with a particular meet and greet service today. Does anyone have further details?

I have seen the photos of people waiting for their cars, reports say up to 8 hours. 😈. I think people should take this as a warning not to use odd parking firms stick to ones whom have been around for years Parking 4 Cruises, CPS or stay in a hotel and leave your car there..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daiB said:

I have seen the photos of people waiting for their cars, reports say up to 8 hours. 😈. I think people should take this as a warning not to use odd parking firms stick to ones whom have been around for years Parking 4 Cruises, CPS or stay in a hotel and leave your car there..

Agreed, only the other week we used the Ageas Bowl ,Hilton .

Good parking , and a great breakfast and on informing the reception we would be boarding later,they let us keep the room an extra hour FOC  .

The taxis were spot on and Southampton seemed gridlocked going to the ship but no prob's for us as they used the taxi/bus lanes which were clear .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, daiB said:

That's what we saw too. Many cars missing and some vandalised also. This isn't just solely in Southampton either, these same companies are operating in other UK cruise ports. You really do feel for the passengers who have been caught up in all of this. 

38 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

That's what we saw too. Many cars missing and some vandalised also. This isn't just solely in Southampton either, these same companies are operating in other UK cruise ports. You really do feel for the passengers who have been caught up in all of this. 

That’s awful. Do you know what the business was ? 

46 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

Frankly anyone who chose to leave their car and keys with the company mentioned...

A google of their phone number tells you all you need to know.

This company appear to have been abandoning passengers cars in various supermarket car parks and other public car parks. Passengers have had to wait hours for their cars to actually be found; as mentioned above cars have been vandalised or stolen, and then some have received parking fines a few days later. 

A passenger reported that Port security are aware as it has been a regular occurrence and to avoid this company. 

1 minute ago, CarlaMarie said:

A passenger reported that Port security are aware as it has been a regular occurrence and to avoid this company

That's all well and good but if you have booked/arranged parking with them and you arrive at the port with your car what else can you do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david63 said:

That's all well and good but if you have booked/arranged parking with them and you arrive at the port with your car what else can you do?

Exactly. As the police and port security are both aware then surely something should be done to stop them from operating, or to at least make passengers aware of this situation?

8 minutes ago, david63 said:

What you do? Well I would suggest that when you saw their website and googled their phone number then you ran away, you ran away very quickly indeed.

6 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

What you do? Well I would suggest that when you saw their website and googled their phone number then you ran away, you ran away very quickly indeed.

I probably would as I always do due diligence when dealing with any company, be it via the Internet or in person - unfortunately not everyone does the same and just looks at the price and goes with the cheapest.

Parked car at 12.00 with cps moved to carpark at the mayflower terminal driver scored 96 out of 100 for the 3 min drive nose to tail parked up in secure compound .keys left on windiwscreen man collects keys as he goes along rows of cars .Catches up with cars and next drivers hand him the keys very organised 31st time this has happened for us and not had a problem touch wood

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

I probably would as I always do due diligence when dealing with any company, be it via the Internet or in person - unfortunately not everyone does the same and just looks at the price and goes with the cheapest.

Then they suffer the consequences!

That might sound harsh, but frankly if you are going to hand your car and keys over to a stranger then you need to do a minimum of due diligence - and 30 seconds bringing up their T&Cs and looking at their company details at Companies House and googling their phone number told me that there would not be a cat in hells chance I would ever use them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9265359 said:

Then they suffer the consequences!

That might sound harsh, but frankly if you are going to hand your car and keys over to a stranger then you need to do a minimum of due diligence - and 30 seconds bringing up their T&Cs and looking at their company details at Companies House and googling their phone number told me that there would not be a cat in hells chance I would ever use them.

I’ve just looked through their T’s and Cs. Unbelievable. “Mystery Parking” says it all 😱

• Like 1

For the first time of using CPS on our disembarkation at Ocean Terminal as leaving kiosk with my keys there was a car parked with the owners of the car and a representative of CPS. There was severe damage to rear bumper and I heard the CPS official say to them contact your insurance company and tell them that CPS will admit all liability.

12 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

Hope this is allowed, here are some of the reports from passengers yesterday, amongst many other bad ones!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/southamptonportparkingservices.co.uk

Oh my goodness. What awful reading those reviews make.I can’t understand why they are still allowed to operate.

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Oh my goodness. What awful reading those reviews make.I can’t understand why they are still allowed to operate.

They go bust and then change their name and start again. A very traditional way of working. Builders have been doing it for years