Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Originally my thought, except the app shows the new 60 package for my next cruise even though I paid for the 50, so I presume that is what will be connected to the medallion and used onboard. Would like more confirmation from those onboard as this rolls out. If it is as Knickearth has stated onboard, had some already pay the difference, then what? It certainly would be easier for the crew and service desk as well if there was only one plus package used onboard. We will see. 

Does it actually say it on your Travel Summary? I ask as mine states I have the additional items when I go on to my account (see below and wording ‘Purchased’) but the Travel Summary is what you will actually get.

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0095.png

Edited by villauk

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't think the post necessarily indicates that the new changes have begun.

Sorry, I thought  the confusing language about what is counted in the 15 limit and ocean ready $15 cost were some of the questionable changes to the package being implemented starting with the Sapphire on the 2nd. 

3 hours ago, Knickearth said:

we realized yesterday that the 15 drink limit per day - which I was lead to believe was an alcohol drinking limit only daily also includes specialty coffees.  This too is most confusing as if you get that specialty coffee at the intl. cafe they take one of the 15 drinks.  If you get it at the coffee and cones on lido deck no deduction from the 15.  This is on the Ruby right now.

If the specialty coffee includes alcohol such as Bailey's or Kahlua or Amaretto, then it would count towards your 15 per day.   If you get an espresso it certainly does not.  Know this from first hand experience on the Discovery as well as the Majestic.   If they are counting it against your 15 at the IC on the Ruby with a drink that contains no alcohol, I would be speaking to the manager of the IC immediately. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Knickearth said:

the only new item I personally think is DUMB is called Ocean Ready.  This is where you can order and pay for food to be delivered anywhere.  Sorry, but between Lido buffet, pizza, burgers and the MDR and specialty restaurants why pay for a delivery service?.

I agree and don't have a problem getting up to get something myself BUT there used to be items on the delivery service that weren't available unless you ordered them using the Ocean Now app. 

Possibly they'll now have them available without using the app?

19 hours ago, helovestrains said:

Thank you.  The travel summary and its location had escaped me.  Now I know what my PP entitlements are.

You can also see it under “Packages” in the app

3 hours ago, villauk said:

Does it actually say it on your Travel Summary? I ask as mine states I have the additional items when I go on to my account (see below and wording ‘Purchased’) but the Travel Summary is what you will actually get.

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0095.png

Travel summaries are not showing updated packages yet but the package listing you see in the app has the new items

IMG_7389.thumb.jpeg.2c9d7ddf2efef567f4568d8f94e0983c.jpeg

3 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

So I screen shot what my packages say in the app:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 4.26.40 AM.png

Even though I purchased in March or April, does this mean I get all of the benefits of the new Plus as it says I purchased it? 

You should be okay as you purchased this spring. I do think it’s very confusing, as I’ve previously posted, because mine says exactly the same as yours (apart from in my currency) and I actually don’t qualify. It’s wrong and underhand of Princess to show it in this way as some pax will look at that and will be expecting to get all those items as it’s states ‘Purchased’! Totally wrong - wonder why they are not making it clear 😏?

20 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If the specialty coffee includes alcohol such as Bailey's or Kahlua or Amaretto, then it would count towards your 15 per day.   If you get an espresso it certainly does not.  Know this from first hand experience on the Discovery as well as the Majestic.   If they are counting it against your 15 at the IC on the Ruby with a drink that contains no alcohol, I would be speaking to the manager of the IC immediately. 

Sorry but they are. I husband and I get cappuccinos at the IC in the am daily and a 1 of 15 shows up.  We don’t care as if we have an alcoholic drink a day it is a lot.  Ironically, at dinner last night the four of us ordered wine and we had cappuccinos after dessert.   Neither have been counted for any of us.  Also, we went to an event yesterday that the drinks were free.  My husband told the officer on duty that the two drinks allowed him to have 17 that day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I husband and I get cappuccinos at the IC in the am daily and a 1 of 15 shows up.  We don’t care as if we have an alcoholic drink a day it is a lot.

Unless the cappuccinos has a shot of liquor in them, they shouldn't be counted towards the 15 alcohol drink max allowed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Sorry but they are. I husband and I get cappuccinos at the IC in the am daily and a 1 of 15 shows up.  We don’t care as if we have an alcoholic drink a day it is a lot.  Ironically, at dinner last night the four of us ordered wine and we had cappuccinos after dessert.   Neither have been counted for any of us.  Also, we went to an event yesterday that the drinks were free.  My husband told the officer on duty that the two drinks allowed him to have 17 that day.

We were just on the Discovery on June and no coffee drinks did not count towards our 15 each. If they did I would probably go over the limit 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2023 at 12:27 PM, MissP22 said:

the only new item I personally think is DUMB is called Ocean Ready.  This is where you can order and pay for food to be delivered anywhere.  Sorry, but between Lido buffet, pizza, burgers and the MDR and specialty restaurants why pay for a delivery service?.

Does it cost to use OceanNow delivery??   This states “at no extra cost” …one of the reasons I upgraded our “old Plus” to the “new Plus”…so I sure hope not! 🤪 Maybe the service is free but you have to pay to activate it if you don’t have Plus or Premier??  (Regardless - OceanNow, casual dining, and room service are NOT listed in my “Reservations and Purchases” under “Onboard Services” OR our travel summary — but they ARE on the app under pkgs.  What a cluster….. 😖

2 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Does it cost to use OceanNow delivery??   This states “at no extra cost” …one of the reasons I upgraded our “old Plus” to the “new Plus”…so I sure hope not! 🤪 Maybe the service is free but you have to pay to activate it if you don’t have Plus or Premier??  (Regardless - OceanNow, casual dining, and room service are NOT listed in my “Reservations and Purchases” under “Onboard Services” OR our travel summary — but they ARE on the app under pkgs.  What a cluster….. 😖

No cost to you with the new Plus at $60/pp/day rate.  Software changes obviously not all implemented as yet.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 6:12 AM, Musky Ike said:

Originally my thought, except the app shows the new 60 package for my next cruise even though I paid for the 50, so I presume that is what will be connected to the medallion and used onboard. Would like more confirmation from those onboard as this rolls out. If it is as Knickearth has stated onboard, had some already pay the difference, then what? It certainly would be easier for the crew and service desk as well if there was only one plus package used onboard. We will see. 

I didn’t think to check my app until I saw your post. I just checked and ours states that we also have the new 60 even though we only paid for the old 50! We don’t sail until next May but I too would love to know what’s going on. 

1 hour ago, From Air to Sea! said:

I didn’t think to check my app until I saw your post. I just checked and ours states that we also have the new 60 even though we only paid for the old 50! We don’t sail until next May but I too would love to know what’s going on. 

The app just shows the current generic package info and not what you’ve actually purchased. Princess know which one you have when you speak to them as I was told instantly that mine was the ‘old’ package and I’d need to upgrade to get the new ‘inclusions’.

doesn't really matter what the package included when you bought it, according to T&C they can change what is included right uo to your sailing.

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Do you have one on your Travel Summary?

Yes, ableit not yet updated. I contacted the app people about it not showing on the app and they came up with all sorts of excuses, none of which made any sense (latest app update - done, age of phone - new, uninstall, reinstall - done) and eventually said it doesn't matter!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

doesn't really matter what the package included when you bought it, according to T&C they can change what is included right uo to your sailing.

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

The issue isn't the beverage packages though but the plus/premier packages which are different.

3 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Yes, ableit not yet updated

That’s what will count. I have no intention of paying an additional $140pp (x7) for items which we had already paid for, in full, months ago, especially as I’m not interested in desserts or fitness classes and would still only receive 2 visits at a CD venue for the whole duration of our cruise when 2 weeks ago it was unlimited to the venues we would use.

• Like 2