Ironing clothes

outandabout

3 hours ago, DarrenM said:

The thought of worrying or stressing if i have a crease in my £5 polo shirt is just a ridiculous concept.

I get polo shirts that are 60/40 fabric but usually the way polo shirts are weaved if you unpack them and hang them up right away any wrinkles disapear fter a few hours. 

9 hours ago, DarrenM said:

I am usually having too good a time to care if any of my clothes need ironing.

I cant see them anyway unless I am stood looking at a mirror. Which I dont usually do.

The key to having a great day is to look once in the mirror when you're 'ready to go', marvel at how good you look, and never look in a mirror again until the next morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jsn55 said:

The key to having a great day is to look once in the mirror when you're 'ready to go', marvel at how good you look, and never look in a mirror again until the next morning.

Believe me, an ironed shirt would not make a difference to how good i look.

Only a head and body transplant could don't that.

But in my mind I am a God. That illusion is quickly destroyed by the introduction of a mirror.

Mirrors should be banned.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I get polo shirts that are 60/40 fabric but usually the way polo shirts are weaved if you unpack them and hang them up right away any wrinkles disapear fter a few hours. 

Ah I see, you are working on the concept of hanging up clothes.

Another task I see as getting in the way of my good time.vibe.

No. Clothes remain in the case under the bed until a cleaner one is required to replace the current one.

I don't even check to see if I am colour coordinated.

My wife hasn't said to me in decades that that shirt doesn't go with those jeans.

Jeans and polo shirts that's how roll these days.

It makes life so much easier.

• Haha 2

All my casual clothes I roll and place in the bottom of the suitcase.  All of my dress clothes are left on the hangers and covered with a plastic dry cleaners bag.   I then fold them in half once and place them in the top of the suitcase

Get to the cabin and hang them in the closet…..no wrinkles….😎😎

• Like 3

Depending on the ship, some may have irons in self-service laundries or may have "ironing rooms". If you have a particular item or two that needs pressing, ask your steward in the morning and they will have it back to you by the evening. Of  course I give an extra tip for this service

14 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

All of my dress clothes are left on the hangers and covered with a plastic dry cleaners bag.   I then fold them in half once and place them in the top of the suitcase

Get to the cabin and hang them in the closet…

^^^This.^^^

We no longer have dry-cleaner bags (but then we no longer have pressed shirts or blouses), and this works well enough even so. Packing roll-aboard carryons it takes another fold or two. I also cross-pack the stacks of hangers. If anything that is going to be hung in the closet is on hangers in the suitcase, the unpacking is amazingly fast!

• Like 1

Our method is very similar to GTO, but without the cleaner bags.

Large items like slacks, jackets, dress shirts, dresses get placed half in the suitcase, half out., most still in their hangers.  Top with the next large garment, hanging out another way. Continue with more items, then start folding them across. Thus, no sharp folds.  When we arrive, it's easy to open suitcase, hang, and be done.

We do wear a lot of linen, cotton, and other supposedly wrinkle-prone fabrics, but we've never had to consider ironing, sending out for ironing, or hanging in a steamy shower, and I've never looked in the mirror and seen wrinkles (apart from the ones on my face).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1