Should we still book Club Orange if we book a suite?

mafig

It's been several years since we've been on HAL.  And then, it was only two cruises, but we did enjoy them both.  

So everything is new to me.  I've used to Search function to try to understand Club Orange, but I'm not sure I do.  Can someone explain it to me?

Probably need to explain exactly what we get with a suite.  We've been on MSC (YC) , NCL (Haven) and suites on Royal.

DH likes having our own restaurant.  Do we get that with a suite on HAL or do we have to get CO also?

As you can see, I'm pretty lost.  I guess I need help.  I do see a rather unique intinerary that interests me.

4 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Signature and Vista suites do not have access to the Club Orange dining room which is only available on the Pinnacle ships (Rotterdam, Koningsdam , Nieuw Statendam).

OK. The cruise I'm sorta interested in is on Rotterdam.

Is the Club Orange dining room worth it?  What can you compare it to?  Luminae? YC (on MSC), Haven restaurant.

Are reservations necessary?

Is it smaller, more intimate, with better service and food?  Breakfast and lunch there available also?

So sorry for so many questions.🙄

What type of suite are you looking into?

In my opinion, Club Orange was not comparable to Luminae.  Not sure about the other options, as we have never been on MSC.  We did enjoy CO on the N. Statendam and will purchase it again on the Rotterdam.  The venue on the Rotterdam is suppose to be nicer than the venue on the N. Statendam.  We did not feel that the atmosphere, food, or service matched our experiences in Celebrity's Luminae or even in Blu. OC was nice in that the venue was smaller.  And no reservations needed, although, some times we had to wait to get a table.  Breakfast and dinner are only available!

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Thanks 1

I can’t compare CO to what you asked but for me, on the Pinnacle Class ships, it was a nice experience.  Although there are several waiters they all get to know you fast and if there is one in particular you like, you can ask for his/her area.

I found the service reminiscent of what I would have in Fixed Dining with the waiters getting to know you and your preferences although it is open dining.

It’s included if you book a Neptune Suite or above as mentioned so no need to book it (in fact, they won’t let you unless you do a guarantee).

the lower level suites don’t have it so it’s worthy of consideration.

If you are not 4 or 5* on HAL then it will also give you things like priority embarkation, priority tender (usually no ticket required), etc and of course the coveted Club Orange bag 😂 

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Is the Club Orange dining room worth it?  What can you compare it to?  Luminae? YC (on MSC), Haven restaurant.

Is it smaller, more intimate, with better service and food?  Breakfast and lunch there available also?

The CO Dining Room is smaller, more intimate and with better service.  The food is basically the same menu served in the MDR with the addition of one entree on the evening menu.  The CO Dining Room is open for breakfast and dinner only.  For lunch you must seek out another dining option.

Is it worth it depends entirely on how you like to dine.  It is 100% worth it for us as I have a hearing loss and need to wear hearing aids.  Hearing aids make the noise and bustle of the MDR unbearable so I welcome and seek out smaller, more intimate and less noisy environments.  We recently sailed in a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam and enjoyed the CO Dining Room so much that we have decided that we will not sail unless we can purchase CO.  We have also decided there is little need for us to sail in the Neptune Suite as CO provided more value to us than the Suite perks.  You may think differently.

We have 2 more upcoming cruises booked and both have CO.  Our biggest challenge now is trying to figure out lunches.  We plan to dine in the Pinnacle Grill at least once, if not twice.  I wish HAL offered more lunch time dining in their speciality restaurants.  

Edited by cbr663
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mafig said:

We loved the CO dining room on the Rotterdam. We have heard that on the other Pinnacle class ships the room itself is very different, not nearly as nice. I don't think they take reservations, but we never had to wait. As others said, the service is very personal.