Does the buffet on Caribbean Princess have trays?

Bollycats

28 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I may be wrong but isn't room service free only for those with a Plus and Premium package? Everyone else has to pay $5.00 per order with a $14.95 initial charge per person. 

The $5 is for each phone order, correct? Who is going back to their room to order from their phone for delivery to the pool?  Makes no sense. 

23 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Best Steve Harvey GIFs | Gfycat

Boy, this thread has put a whole new spin on being frugal. 

Tell me about it. Thinking about setting up a ***** page for those standard fare cruisers needing the $15 one-time delivery app activation fee.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The $5 is for each phone order, correct? Who is going back to their room to order from their phone for delivery to the pool?  Makes no sense. 

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

To many changes to keep up with. 

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Again, $14.95 one time opt-in to OceanNow will get unlimited room service? We never order room service to the room, so never use the phone. 

No. Room Service via the Phone is $5.00.  The one time fee of $14.95 allows Ocean Now delivery anywhere on the ship - including the cabin but you have to order via the app - either on your phone, tablet, or the TV. They consider this different from "Room Service" even though you can order stuff to be delivered to your room. Breakfast ordered via the Hang Tag that goes on the door is still included at no extra cost.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

They consider this different from "Room Service" even though you can order stuff to be delivered to your room.

Quoting myself to (way too late) correct a typo. I meant to say, "They don't consider this Room Service". Obviously changes the entire meaning although I'm pretty sure most folks here would have figured out what I actually meant to say.

Leaving words out of a sentence can make such a huge difference. It's like using - or not using - punctuation.

Let's eat, Children!

Let's eat Children!

What's that in the road ahead?

What's that in the road, a head?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/7/2023 at 5:57 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

You could also bring a small tray from home (think 99 cent store?). Since those trays are mostly flat, it wouldn't take up much room.

I’ve done this for years. Easy to slide into the suitcase, and always made for a happy DH when I brought our coffees and pastries from the IC. A Red Eye was the only way to get him out of bed!

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Leaving words out of a sentence can make such a huge difference. It's like using - or not using - punctuation.

Let's eat, Children!

Let's eat Children!

What's that in the road ahead?

What's that in the road, a head?

No more wine!

No, more wine!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I’ve done this for years. Easy to slide into the suitcase, and always made for a happy DH when I brought our coffees and pastries from the IC. A Red Eye was the only way to get him out of bed!

I've gotten some odd looks from folks when I ordered a Red Eye. I've gotten even weirder looks and actual questions when ordering a Black Eye!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

To many changes to keep up with. 

Not really...very few changes for room service

Call to order food $5 each time

Use app to order food $15 one time fee 

If you have plus/premium, app $15 one time fee is waived 

That's it ..not really that confusing or complicated that some are making it out to be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, when they stopped providing trays in the buffet, we would pack  two trays in our luggage, they sit flat in the luggage and don't take up any room.  Use to carry them to the buffet and made getting food/drinks so much easier.  People would stop us and ask, "hey, where did you get the trays".   We would just smile and say, we brought them! 

• Like 3