Anybody Know How to Get to the Correct "Web Version" Sailing?

Rick&Jeannie

I have two Princess cruises booked.  No matter which cruise personalizer I select, when I click on the "web version" link it takes me to the later cruise.  Does anybody know a trick to get into a different booking?  Maybe some "back door" into Ocean.com?  Using Chrome on a desktop PC.  Tried Firefox...can't even log in using booking number with that.  Anybody else seeing this?

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

• Rick&Jeannie changed the title to Anybody Know How to Get to the Correct "Web Version" Sailing?

Are you on a cruise now?  If so, you are unable to access other bookings while using Medallion Net.  I had to go into the terminal, turn off MedallionNet, and use the free wifi.

I can use both Safari and Chrome to get into my personalizer/app to access all of my cruises.

In the app, I have to click on my photo to access all the other bookings.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have two Princess cruises booked.  No matter which cruise personalizer I select, when I click on the "web version" link it takes me to the later cruise.  Does anybody know a trick to get into a different booking?  Maybe some "back door" into Ocean.com?  Using Chrome on a desktop PC.  Tried Firefox...can't even log in using booking number with that.  Anybody else seeing this?

Not sure why you can’t see your bookings.

Web version link, you can use the booking number to sign into the other cruise. Does that work?

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Web version link, you can use the booking number to sign into the other cruise. Does that work?

Nope!  I get "Something went wrong. Try again later!" 😄

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Should bring up screen

name

dob

booking number 

You could click cancel

brings up

username 

password

Just to clarify:

I have a cruise in September and one in November this year.  No matter which sailing I enter via cruise personalizer, when I click "web version" I always get taken to the November cruise with no way to "change" cruises that I can see like on the phone app. (This is all on a desktop PC.)

Also...it takes me directly into the "web version" without having to log in.  It appears that Princess IT is "sensing" who I am and sends me to the cruise that it thinks I want.  Probably a corrupt cookie.  I'll try to delete and see if that makes a diff.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify:

I have a cruise in September and one in November this year.  No matter which sailing I enter via cruise personalizer, when I click "web version" I always get taken to the November cruise with no way to "change" cruises that I can see like on the phone app. (This is all on a desktop PC.)

Also...it takes me directly into the "web version" without having to log in.  It appears that Princess IT is "sensing" who I am and sends me to the cruise that it thinks I want.  Probably a corrupt cookie.  I'll try to delete and see if that makes a diff.

May need to clear cache and history.

Corrupt cookies alright!  🤣

• Like 1

More to the saga!  I went to my phone to see if it was doing anything weird...yep! It does the exact OPPOSITE!  When I select the Nov. cruise and I look at excursions...it shows me excursions for Sept.  The IT guy in me says "This might be data corruption in my master record" but I would think the weirdness would be showing me the same inconsistencies on either platform.  I may just delete and reload the app...but that doesn't explain what's going on with the desktop web version.

We have 7 cruises booked. 6 in a row starting late September and one next April. I have totally given up on being able to see the one in April on the web version. I tried multiple times and the frustration just led me to give up. Hopefully it will show up in December when the other cruises have finished. The April 2024 cruise shows up fine in the app on my phone it's just not accessible in the web version.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I cleared all cookies for both Princess and Ocean.com...same issues

Hmmm.  I would have thought you could get into the second voyage using Name, BD, Booking Confirmation.  Last year we had B3B on Regal and a separate voyage on Island with a five day gap.  I could access Island booking always.  Of course the three on Regal always came up together no matter which Booking Number used.  I thought you would be find if you forced the web version to have you login and not automatically go. 

All I can do is SMH every time I read of these persistent bugs that IT cannot seem to fix - or they fix something and break something else.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We have 7 cruises booked. 6 in a row starting late September and one next April. I have totally given up on being able to see the one in April on the web version. I tried multiple times and the frustration just led me to give up. Hopefully it will show up in December when the other cruises have finished. The April 2024 cruise shows up fine in the app on my phone it's just not accessible in the web version.

Just use your phone. 😂😜

Just kidding you.  As long as it’s on the website, I wouldn’t worry.

Let us know what happens in December.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just use your phone. 😂😜

Just kidding you.  As long as it’s on the website, I wouldn’t worry.

Let us know what happens in December.

I have just used my phone to do the setup for the April 2024 cruise. No other option as it doesn't populate in the web version. Not going to let it make me crazy just annoying that it is one more lame Princess IT failing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sign in on the web using that cruise booking number? 🙂

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 1:20 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify:

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution to using the web version to change cruises? 

31 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution to using the web version to change cruises? 

Nope!  I basically had everything already booked and really did not need to make any changes or book anything else.  I felt that since we were so close to our first cruise that it would "work itself out" after finishing that one...and I was right.  You could probably call for support and get it fixed (maybe) but I did not try.

• Thanks 1