Celebrity to home port Equinox in Port Canaveral

orville99

34 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's only $500 if you cancel all together. Otherwise it's $200 plus $300 FCC to shift sail dates. And to shift to refundable you move to prevailing rates so there is risk there too. 

If you know what the new date/ship are, you can move the existing res to the new cruise and just lose the $200. The rest just transfers over to the new cruise invoice. We have moved cruises from a balcony on one date that we originally booked while on board to a suite on another date, lost the $200 change fee but increased the OBC from $100 to $300, so we broke even on the change.

We have a B2B booked for December 2024 that we know we will move (ship is coming out of dry dock so the first leg may not happen), and the plan is to move them as soon as the 2025-2026 itineraries are released.

3 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

The risk is $500. But, it gives me flexibility to make changes to the ship and date or cancel all together

since the cruise is 18 months away. Always can change to NRD. 

Not sure why anyone would book with a refundable deposit if these terms are standard:

BOGO 50% Off 2nd Guest Offer are for Refundable fares only. Applies to new, individual bookings during the Offer Period and provides 50% off cruise fare on the 2nd guest in the same stateroom as the first full fare guest sailing at standard rates on an Offer Cruise. BOGO 50% Off 2nd Guest Offer is combinable with Savings Offer, All Included or No Perk Rate, and will be automatically applied at checkout. All other charges, including but not limited to, cruise taxes, fees and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests. BOGO offer is not applicable to Group X rates or Cruisetours.

BOGO 75% Off 2nd Guest Offer are for Non-Refundable fares only. Applies to new, individual bookings during the Offer Period and provides 75% off cruise fare on the 2nd guest only in the same stateroom as the first full fare guest sailing at standard rates on an Offer Cruise. BOGO 75% Off 2nd Guest Offer is combinable with Savings Offer, All Included or No Perk Rate, and will be automatically applied at checkout. All other charges, including but not limited to, cruise taxes, fees and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests. BOGO offer is not applicable to Group X rates or Cruisetours.

On 8/19/2023 at 11:11 AM, Charles4515 said:

Sure it is great news for some Florida residents who live nearby PC but that is a provincial way to look at it.. What is good news for those who live close to PC is bad news for the Celebrity brand and those who have booked Celebrity for years. Dumbing down the brand to a cheap segment and Caribbean cruises, I don't want to cruise with the demographic that that  cruises out of PC  will appeal to. I don't want to cruise on a Royal Caribbean clone that is branded as Celebrity. Celebrity is a mainstream cruise line but had an niche that was adult and upscale of Royal that appealed to a loyal demographic. Now it seems to be moving downline. Celebrity was a good value because it offered more than Royal Caribbean and Carnival at reasonable fares. If it is going to offer the same as Royal  I will be moving on. 

We "provincial" folks in and around Port Canaveral who enjoy cruising, consider ourselves fortunate that we can now include Celebrity among our choices with whom to cruise the high seas. Granted, residents of small seaside communities along Florida's East Coast might never consider themselves to be the same astute cruisers as those high-heeled big city 'snoots", and for that reason Florida has provided FLL and MIA for their cruising pleasure. In no way do we want you to feel dumbed-down or cheapened when in our small communities. That being said, you might have already done that with your comments above, resulting in the fact that you might just fit right in. Even so, Port Canaveral is not right for you. You would be so out of place here when boarding any ship. After all, PC appeals to the pre-teen to 75 plus age demographic. As you so profoundly stated, that does not appeal to you. Continue further south in order to get the best bang for your cruising buck. That is the smart decision.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Even so, Port Canaveral is not right for you. You would be so out of place here when boarding any ship. After all, PC appeals to the pre-teen to 75 plus age demographic. As you so profoundly stated, that does not appeal to you. Continue further south in order to get the best bang for your cruising buck. That is the smart decision.

Like the Villages? No thanks. Actually I don’t want to cruise out of Florida at all. What I meant was adding more cruises to Florida and less to Europe and South America. Hate to see Celebrity becoming just another Caribbean cruising line. All those Caribbean ports with the same stores Diamonds International etc. Boring. I am glad that living in Florida makes cruises convenient for you. You can have one big Florida party. 

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Like the Villages? No thanks. Actually I don’t want to cruise out of Florida at all. What I meant was adding more cruises to Florida and less to Europe and South America. Hate to see Celebrity becoming just another Caribbean cruising line. All those Caribbean ports with the same stores Diamonds International etc. Boring. I am glad that living in Florida makes cruises convenient for you. You can have one big Florida party. 

Actually, you don't know what you meant. Cue the balloon drop and champagne pop, now there are two reasons to celebrate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's only $500 if you cancel all together. Otherwise it's $200 plus $300 FCC to shift sail dates. And to shift to refundable you move to prevailing rates so there is risk there too. 

Your scenario only good if you want to continue to sail with Celebrity. In the past, if we confident in keeping the booking and economics worked - I changed to NRD with upgrades.

This works for us. Everybody have their own reasons to book  NRD or RD.

Watching this thread carefully.  We want to book Celebrity Equinox now that she's being moved to Port Canaveral.  We are a 4 1/2 hour drive from home to Port C as opposed to 7 1/2 to Fort Lauderdale.  We're booked on RCI through December 2024 but will look at 2025 -- however, it looks like Equinox is going to Europe in April 2025.  

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, cruise wizard said:

I just started a roll call for each of those dates - stop by and post if you book. Would love to see you on the Equinox and start off 2025 with a cruise!!!!

I will post there if we book.