Celebrity to home port Equinox in Port Canaveral

orville99

I think X has determined where the more profitable and easier to showcase their perceived value is and isn't. South America has lost out to the increase in expensive expedition ships going down there.

7 day Caribbean is a hot market and they are pushing the ships into that.  Many people only have time for a 7 day trip. 1/3 of pax never get off the ship so port selection as a cruise determinator is low.  Many vacationers only take one vacation a year, so the idea of catering to the taking a cruise every other month crowd is not a solid strategy for growth. 

It makes sense that they would use PC as a port if DCL and RCL can fill those ships - especially RCL with that behemoth 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

The success of DCL Wish and RCI Wonder OTS has gotten other cruise lines attention.

And then the various theme parks play into this too.

It's not just two ships. In 2022 Port Canaveral was the busiest passenger port in the world. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's not just two ships. In 2022 Port Canaveral was the busiest passenger port in the world. 

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I know that !!!

Just pointed out the two ships with most success 

It should be noted that the FL ports are still down 15-20% from 2019, the last full before the pandemic.  It wouldn’t be surprising if Miami regains the top spot in the near future as it has more terminals

Re the "demographic" comment....LOL....I'm a Celebrity normal cruiser...they will probably get an extra cruise out of me a year with this move.  

Late 50's..grown kids not at home demographic for me and the Bride.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It should be noted that the FL ports are still down 15-20% from 2019, the last full before the pandemic.  It wouldn’t be surprising if Miami regains the top spot in the near future as it has more terminals

The 3 larger FL  ports are fairly close in numbers. 2022-2023 numbers per Wiki. 

2 Port Canaveral 4,072,396 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
3 Port of Miami 4,022,544 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
4 Port Everglades 3,826,415 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The hotels in the Cocoa Beach area seem to be full and OMG the prices too. Cruise packages sell pretty fast. I am finding it less costly to use a shuttle service round trip from the Treasure Coast then booking a cruise package at the near port  hotels.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, molly361 said:

Stolen from the Celebrity board

Bermuda & Portugal Tranatlantic

Portugal: Lisbon; Portugal: Porto (Leixoes); At Sea; Azores: Ponta Delgada; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Bermuda: Royal Naval Dockyard; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Nov 21

Bahamas Getaway

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Bahamas: Bimini; At Sea; Bahamas: Nassau; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 3

Belize, Honduras & Mexico

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Mexico: Costa Maya; Belize: Belize City; Honduras: Roatan; Mexico: Cozumel; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 14

Eastern Caribbean Holiday

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Kitts & Nevis: Basseterre; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 21

St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee Holiday

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; At Sea; St. Maarten: Philipsburg; Puerto Rico: San Juan; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 28

Puerto Plata, San Juan & St. Kitts

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Kitts & Nevis: Basseterre; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 4 Feb 15

Key West, Puerto Plata & Labadee

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Florida: Key West; At Sea; At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 11, 25

Puerto Plata, San Juan & St. Maarten

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Maarten: Philipsburg; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 18 Mar 29

Grand Cayman, Jamaica & Labadee

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Grand Cayman: George Town; Jamaica: Falmouth; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Feb 22

Key West, Jamaica & Grand Cayman

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Florida: Key West; At Sea; Jamaica: Falmouth; Grand Cayman: George Town; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Mar 8

Bahamas, Labadee & Puerto Plata

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Bahamas: Nassau; At Sea; At Sea; Haiti: Labadee; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Mar 22

Puerto Plata, Labadee & Bahamas

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; At Sea; Bahamas: Bimini; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Apr 5

Bimini, Belize & Mexico

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Bahamas: Bimini; At Sea; Belize: Belize City; Mexico: Cozumel; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Apr 12

Bermuda & Portugal Transatlantic

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; At Sea; Bermuda: Royal Naval Dockyard; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Portugal: Madeira (Funchal); At Sea; Portugal: Lisbon; At Sea; Spain: Cartagena; Spain: Palma De Mallorca; Spain: Barcelona

Molly....PL...eeze steal from the X board re the new Apex sailing dates to be released tomorrow!  That's if you can, I'd appreciate it.

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

The hotels in the Cocoa Beach area seem to be full and OMG the prices too. Cruise packages sell pretty fast. I am finding it less costly to use a shuttle service round trip from the Treasure Coast then booking a cruise package at the near port  hotels.

It's really too bad the port isn't connected by the BrightLine high speed train

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Agree and airport is close by.

10 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I saw that the 1/4/25 sailing is available to book... just the one date. Not thinking that $12k for a Celebrity Suite does it for me... nor does $14k for refundable... 😞 

Tom

Is the ship "sold out" yet????? Perhaps these are "fishing" rates.........see who will bite and then adjust???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Is the ship "sold out" yet????? Perhaps these are "fishing" rates.........see who will bite and then adjust???

Plenty of other choices up there now - I feel the Retreat prices are not reasonable, I wish them luck selling those cabins, as the perks get clipped. Other cabins, not a bad deal.

Tom

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Plenty of other choices up there now - I feel the Retreat prices are not reasonable, I wish them luck selling those cabins, as the perks get clipped. Other cabins, not a bad deal.

Tom

Doesn’t seem to matter the ship, sail date or location. Retreat prices are $1,000+ a day for 2. 

mac_tlc

12 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Doesn’t seem to matter the ship, sail date or location. Retreat prices are $1,000+ a day for 2. 

mac_tlc

I thought that maybe there would be some "Welcome to Port Canaveral" sale pricing..............I guess that I am just naïve.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I thought that maybe there would be some "Welcome to Port Canaveral" sale pricing..............I guess that I am just naïve.  

For the locals, it’s more  like

“Welcome to Port Canaveral. We know you don’t have to drive down to PE now, so you can pay it to us for the convenience “

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t think I will be booking anymore cruises until I have completed the 2  that I have at the end of the year.  

Port Canaveral will cut 1 day off of our driving time but the prices kind of wipe out any savings on one less night in a hotel but is would be nice nothing having to fight the traffic down I 95 going to the other ports

I don’t want to purchase a pig in the poke.   I need to see how the overall sailing experience is with all of the changes being made.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

9 minutes ago, miched said:

Don’t think I will be booking anymore cruises until I have completed the 2  that I have at the end of the year.  

Port Canaveral will cut 1 day off of our driving time but the prices kind of wipe out any savings on one less night in a hotel. 

I don’t want to purchase a pig in the poke.   I need to see how the overall sailing experience is with all of the changes being made.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good plan!!!! Typically we book when the first new itineraries are published to get the cabin category and location of choice. I need a lot of shade because of skin cancer damage - so I either get the location of need or I simply don't book. 

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Yeah, Aqua on Celebrity is our sweet spot right now.  

47 minutes ago, miched said:

Port Canaveral will cut 1 day off of our driving time but the prices kind of wipe out any savings on one less night in a hotel but is would be nice nothing having to fight the traffic down I 95 going to the other ports

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I-95 between Jax and I-4 can be a challenge for many.  3 lanes pretty much running Nascar style the entire way.  Sort of like I-75 in Georgia between, well pretty much anywhere in Georgia.  🙂