Retreat Cutbacks? Lunch Sea Days No Longer on App for March 2024 Cruise

Cap_D

In light of all the stealth cutbacks, I was reviewing the app under a cruise reserved for March 22, 2024 on Beyond.  Lunch in Luminae is now missing for sea days on the itinerary.  Is anyone else seeing lunch missing?  Could this be why the base cruise fare went down a few weeks ago? 

Hopefully just a glitch/loading issue, but considering everything else being reported on it would not surprise me to see dining room lunch service cut shipwide for Retreat and non-Retreat. Lunch at Cosmopolitan on sea days is also missing. One more thing... 

In case anyone else finds this interesting, the following Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdfEdge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdfdocument provides travel agents with the food breakdown on Edge Class, including times or day, and square footage.   https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

In light of all the stealth cutbacks, I was reviewing the app under a cruise reserved for March 22, 2024 on Beyond.  Lunch in Luminae is now missing for sea days on the itinerary.  Is anyone else seeing lunch missing?  Could this be why the base cruise fare went down a few weeks ago? 

Relax, what you see in the app reflects the itinerary of the current cruise on that ship, so unless it has an identical itinerary the seas days will not align. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To be honest I won’t go to luminae for lunch on sea days

You will miss the nice lunch in Ocean view.

Thats the best seafood lunch I ever have on any cruise I have been taken.

Prepare to bring your tools if you are interested in crab legs because there are limited clamp on the ship.

it May not good to go there if you have mobility issues.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Relax, what you see in the app reflects the itinerary of the current cruise on that ship, so unless it has an identical itinerary the seas days will not align. 

My experience has been lunch showed for the scheduled sea days when viewing the reserved sailing dates prior to today.  The reserved dates were a 3 (at Sea) - 5 (ports) - 2(at Sea) configuration.  I can't view unreserved cruises for 2024, but for earlier dates I see lunch disappears on Beyond starting with the August 28 sailing, while Apex continues to show lunch through the end of the year.  Again, I can't pull up 2024 dates except my own reservation. 

No qualms about the OVC for lunch on port days on past trips, but have enjoyed lunch at Luminae more than dinner, and had thought it was part of the package. 

Fully aware this could be a loading issue with how the app worke, but this could just as easily be be a stealth cutback.  And, generally suggestive that the company is a mess, and too lazy to care. 

Edited by Cap_D

48 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

My experience has been lunch showed for the scheduled sea days when viewing the reserved sailing dates prior to today. 

I did a little digging around looking at other cruises on Beyond and other ships.

It looks like with the recent app update they have changed the way it handles future cruises and it isn't just copying the current cruise pattern any more.

Beyond is missing any reference to lunch after the next couple of cruises, but Edge for example still has it listed for a couple of months out before it vanishes as you mentioned.

It looks like they are trying to populate the future cruises with a more accurate pattern to match their itinerary, but the work is not yet complete.

Keep an eye on that Beyond sailing on the 28th August, right now it shows no lunches after day 1, that should change before it sails as it does have sea days.

I suspect the same will be true for your cruise...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't trust the app until pretty much on board. I have a cruise in Feb 2024 and for Luminae nothing is loaded for any time of the day and it's been like that for a month. If I wanted to check anything I go to the current sailing and even that's not guaranteed to be the same by the time I sail

The lunch menu shows on my app for sea days in Luminae on the Apex next month. My experience with the app is that it will not be accurate until you get within 30 days of departure. That has been the case for our Apex cruise too. I noticed several changes in the entrees for dinner in the app now as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The lunch menu shows on my app for sea days in Luminae on the Apex next month. My experience with the app is that it will not be accurate until you get within 30 days of departure. That has been the case for our Apex cruise too. I noticed several changes in the entrees for dinner in the app now as well.

Terry, are the changes positive? I am not a huge Luminae fan to begin with and usually do dinner 3 of 7 nights there. Many thanks.

26 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Terry, are the changes positive? I am not a huge Luminae fan to begin with and usually do dinner 3 of 7 nights there. Many thanks.

Depends on personal likes, I saw a Branzino entrée change to cod, I love Branzino and not a fan of cod except in fish and chips. At least no Tilapia or hamburgers at night.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Depends on personal likes, I saw a Branzino entrée change to cod, I love Branzino and not a fan of cod except in fish and chips. At least no Tilapia or hamburgers at night.

Thanks. Cod is for fish sticks IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I am sure it’s a Daniel Boulud inspired dish. Bon appetite!

I did see the Daniel Boulud entree, the horrible, IMO, Moroccan chicken is no longer showing in the app, only the starter and desert shows. Maybe Luminae is changing that,

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On my last cruise in May, all the way up until the week before my cruise, the app showed only desserts for dinner in the MDR and it showed all dining rooms closed the lsat few days of the cruise.  I don't trust the app until you are just a few days from your cruise and then a final push of updates is done the evening you embark (and even that final push isn't always perfect).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, prmssk said:

On my last cruise in May, all the way up until the week before my cruise, the app showed only desserts for dinner in the MDR and it showed all dining rooms closed the lsat few days of the cruise.

That was the old problem where it reflected the length of the current cruise on that ship.

This does seem to have gone away as an issue with the recent app changes, but the consequence of not just copying the current cruise is there is a lot more that looks odd on the app until you get much closer to sailing it seems...

3 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That was the old problem where it reflected the length of the current cruise on that ship.

This does seem to have gone away as an issue with the recent app changes, but the consequence of not just copying the current cruise is there is a lot more that looks odd on the app until you get much closer to sailing it seems...

The app finally showed all 12 nights menu on our Apex Cruise next month around Aug 1st.

• Like 3

What is sad is how jumpy so many of us have become.  The ap isn’t updated and we are trying not to freak out that it’s another cutback, but we have seen so many it’s easy to overreact and it makes me sad that Celebrity isn’t the line it once was and it’s making us a little nuts……

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The app finally showed all 12 nights menu on our Apex Cruise next month around Aug 1st.

We were about 4 days into our Eclipse cruise in January this year, before we could see the menus, so you are doing well 🙂

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

What is sad is how jumpy so many of us have become.  The ap isn’t updated and we are trying not to freak out that it’s another cutback, but we have seen so many it’s easy to overreact and it makes me sad that Celebrity isn’t the line it once was and it’s making us a little nuts……

Some people here are quite apprehensive now after the continued unannounced changes (most for the worse).  There perhaps would be less angst if Celebrity would be transparent about the changes and communicate them in advance instead of having them leaked.  They caused this angst in their customer base!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1