New pricing costs

Started pricing 2025  cruises and it's clear Inflation ,lost covid revenue years and pent up demand have impacted my de$ire/ability to cruise. Do you think the pool deck will be so crowded that I could start selling My Sorrento's  for $1 a slice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Started pricing 2025  cruises and it's clear Inflation ,lost covid revenue years and pent up demand have impacted my de$ire/ability to cruise. Do you think the pool deck will be so crowded that I could start selling My Sorrento's  for $1 a slice?

If you do try to sell pizza by the slice poolside, it'll probably be a loss leader. By 2025 Sorento's will likely cost $2 a slice at the counter. 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SNemeth said:

Ships have been sailing at near 100% since Spring of 2022.  You won't notice a crowd difference if you have sailed since then.  

Actually over 100% since last yr and heard lot Ships have been above the 108% capasity they were averaging pre-CV. Reasons I enjoy older Ships sailing longer 10+ niters, not likely have even 100%, almost no Kids/Families with many Solo like me

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah ships have sailed at capacity for decades with the only exception for a bit after Covid.  Fortunately Royal sizes their ships well for the ship passenger capacity.  Happy sailing.  I need to go check out the '24-'25 options!

Sorry, but I definitely do not agree!!! We were on the Oasis June 30th sailing. Double occupancy is 5400. Ship was at capacity of over 6800 with triple and quads all filled. When you're told by Windjammer staff to leave as soon as your finished (after you've barely say down waiting on long lines to get your food) this size ship obviously could not manage their capacity!!!

Edited by Loracpin2
addition
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Sorry, but I definitely do not agree!!! We were on the Oasis June 30th sailing. Double occupancy is 5400. Ship was at capacity of over 6800 with triple and quads all filled. When you're told by Windjammer staff to leave as soon as your finished (after you've barely say down waiting on long lines to get your food) this size ship obviously could not manage their capacity!!!

Oddly enough, the only time we have had any situation like that was also on the oasis in the windjammer way back in 2015. Other than that we have had no issues in our 10 cruises across the voyager, freedom, oasis, and quantum classes.  I agree that the Windjammer on the Oasis and probably other oasis class ships is undersized. I would still say that is far from the norm. More of the exception than the rule. 

30 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

The Balcony rental is pure genius...and $5 dollar drinks will really pay dividends when I go platinum in 2145 ...lol

Great idea aa PC members we get 6, 12 per days the most we ever use is 5…7 per day at $5…that will pay our gratituties 

Also, PC perkis towels without check out….I can also run a poolside save chair service…

thanks for the ideas..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1