Can I bring empty beer bottle to ship from port?

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, just wondering can you bring an empty bottle of beer back to ship from the port? Reason why I ask, is because I like to collect beer bottles from the destination I have been as a souvenir. Just wondering if anyone had any insight regarding this? Thanks in advance at this time. 

52 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

you bring an empty bottle of beer back to ship

Being pedantic you cannot have an empty bottle of beer as you will have drunk it😉

Never heard of anyone doing this but I suspect that it will depend on the security staff as to whether they think that it could be considered dangerous or they believe that it is against the alcohol rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

Being pedantic you cannot have an empty bottle of beer as you will have drunk it😉

Never heard of anyone doing this but I suspect that it will depend on the security staff as to whether they think that it could be considered dangerous or they believe that it is against the alcohol rules.

I appreciate the reply, thanks so much. 

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, just wondering can you bring an empty bottle of beer back to ship from the port? Reason why I ask, is because I like to collect beer bottles from the destination I have been as a souvenir. Just wondering if anyone had any insight regarding this? Thanks in advance at this time. 

My opinion is bring back the unopened bottle and ‘if’ taken/checked, it should be returned to you at the end of the cruise just like any other alcohol/spirits you might have purchased in port.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wallyj said:

My opinion is bring back the unopened bottle and ‘if’ taken/checked, it should be returned to you at the end of the cruise just like any other alcohol/spirits you might have purchased in port.

Thanks so much. I appreciate the reply. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Possibly you could get a more definitive answer by asking the crew members when disembarking at a port.

But unless they will be the same crew on duty when you re-embark that might not be the best approach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skynight said:

I don't see why you can not. It is just an empty glass bottle and there is no prohibition against bringing an empty bottle onto the ship. The worst case is that you may get some questions. 

I was thinking the same, hopefully it will be okay. 

35 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Maybe have a picture on your phone showing your beer bottle collection back home.  When you go back on the ship and they give you any grief,   just say you are wanting to add to your collection.

That's a good idea, thanks for sharing. 

I have brought an empty beer bottle back on a couple of occasions, without any difficulty. Of course,

1. It was a number of years ago, and 

2. as with most things Princess, whether you will have the  same results is anyone‘s guess.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cruisindad said:

I have brought an empty beer bottle back on a couple of occasions, without any difficulty. Of course,

1. It was a number of years ago, and 

2. as with most things Princess, whether you will have the  same results is anyone‘s guess.

Good to know, I will try this, hopefully it be okay. 

We used to smuggle full bottles almost in plain sight using an empty bottle as a decoy. Our backpack full of bottles would go through the scanner and the operator would call out "alcohol" to the naughty desk. We'd saunter over and remove the one empty bottle saying "it's empty but we really like the design". The crew member at the table would then just wave us on. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bring it back full and the worst that can happen is they hold it until the end of the cruise like they sometimes do with liquor.

OR you can just walk up the stairs to your cabin with it & they'll never say a word. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Bring it back full and the worst that can happen is they hold it until the end of the cruise like they sometimes do with liquor.

OR you can just walk up the stairs to your cabin with it & they'll never say a word. 

Or else bring it back full.  If they stop you step out of line and drink it all in sight of the crew the crew and just get back in line again.

DON

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We used to smuggle full bottles almost in plain sight using an empty bottle as a decoy. Our backpack full of bottles would go through the scanner and the operator would call out "alcohol" to the naughty desk. We'd saunter over and remove the one empty bottle saying "it's empty but we really like the design". The crew member at the table would then just wave us on. 😁

You stopped at the naughty table...lol! We used to pretend we were going to then blend in with the crowd up the stairs we went 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

You stopped at the naughty table...lol! We used to pretend we were going to then blend in with the crowd up the stairs we went 🙂

Yes we did that too. The decoy had to be used when there wasn't a crowd to blend in with.

• Like 1