Penthouse suite must dos

D1324tt

Guest Snaxmuppet
20 minutes ago, antsp said:

Yes, but according to the Princess press releases, you still pay if you use the phone to order, how very nice of them

I am not sure that is true for suites. Can someone confirm please?

20 minutes ago, teenieleek said:

As I understand it, if you don’t have a package, yes you pay the $5 a time for room service.  

That's how understand it too, 1 x Sky Suite for 2 weeks $25000, rooms service, that will be $5 please 

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, teenieleek said:

As I understand it, if you don’t have a package, yes you pay the $5 a time for room service.  

Well that is just crazy. It won't affect us on our next cruise as we have a package. Having said that, of all the people on board that could afford the $5 RS fee it is those in suites and in the scale of the overall cost of the cruise it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference... but it is the principle isn't it.

35 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Well that is just crazy. It won't affect us on our next cruise as we have a package. Having said that, of all the people on board that could afford the $5 RS fee it is those in suites and in the scale of the overall cost of the cruise it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference... but it is the principle isn't it.

What is even more unfair is that you can't use the app ordering  at 14.95 one time charge for room service since the full dining room menus are not there. Only way to order is by calling and be charged $5 each time. 

4 hours ago, hobo1937 said:

What is even more unfair is that you can't use the app ordering  at 14.95 one time charge for room service since the full dining room menus are not there. Only way to order is by calling and be charged $5 each time. 

I know there has been a ton of speculation about this ($5 fee for suite guess to order MDR room service) before the start date of additional fees but, has there been any actual first hand experience with this from any suite guess in the last week or so when the switch started?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I am not sure that is true for suites. Can someone confirm please?

I can confirm. You are charged unless you pay a flat fee of $15 for the entire trip. I am sailing in a full suite and got written confirmation from Princess when I emailed to complain that was no charge  when I booked my suite.  The exception is the hanging room service menu you put out the night before for breakfast which is still an included menity. 

37 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I know there has been a ton of speculation about this ($5 fee for suite guess to order MDR room service) before the start date of additional fees but, has there been any actual first hand experience with this from any suite guess in the last week or so when the switch started?

As far as I have read (and I admit that I skip around), this question has not been verified by anyone (currently or in the past) in a suite.  Almost every ship should have implemented this pricing by now since it is the end of August.  I can't believe not a single suite passenger...without a package, has not tried to call Room Service once for something.

Still waiting to hear.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

As far as I have read (and I admit that I skip around), this question has not been verified by anyone (currently or in the past) in a suite.  Almost every ship should have implemented this pricing by now since it is the end of August.  I can't believe not a single suite passenger...without a package, has not tried to call Room Service once for something.

Still waiting to hear.

Read post #66

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I can confirm. You are charged unless you pay a flat fee of $15 for the entire trip. I am sailing in a full suite and got written confirmation from Princess when I emailed to complain that was no charge  when I booked my suite.  The exception is the hanging room service menu you put out the night before for breakfast which is still an included menity. 

$15 would be 3 calls to room service. You can’t order the entire MDR menu from the app so where does the $15!come from. ?

I am poster #66.

Is poster #65 currently on a cruise. Or has a cruise booked and received communication from customer service for upcoming cruise?  

I guess, I just want to hear from a suite passenger ….

who has been charged …

and how it was handled onboard.

Edited by cr8tiv1

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am poster #66.

Is poster #65 currently on a cruise. Or has a cruise booked and received communication from customer service for upcoming cruise?  

I guess, I just want to hear from a suite passenger ….

who has been charged …

and how it was handled onboard.

Does being a TA who has it in writing from a BDM count?

30 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Does being a TA who has it in writing from a BDM count?

What’s a BDM?

I understand that this “might” not be fleet wide consistent.

I am waiting to hear of actual experiences verse what is written.  

I can’t believe that no suite passenger has reported back.  

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What’s a BDM?

I understand that this “might” not be fleet wide consistent.

I am waiting to hear of actual experiences verse what is written.  

I can’t believe that no suite passenger has reported back.  

I am surprised too I haven't seen any first hand accounts yet.  I will be in a suite in a week but I have a package.  Perhaps the population of suite passengers without a package is just not that big?  I'll keep my ears open and see if any of the other suite passengers experience this first hand.