First time as Diamond question

16 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I, like yourself, just want a good, solid cruise. Pay attention to the little things and I do not care about any perks. I was a "nothing" before they even invented Crown and Anchor on my first cruise and I think I enjoyed everything about it more than all of the "points" they have given me since then.

I love 5 free drinks and 2 days of wifi. I once went to the bar during happy hour. It was so crowded, I ordered nothing and walked away and never went back.

Not much if any of a drinker, and enjoy my fresh squeezed oj and specialty coffee. Miss it on other lines. I think it just depends on what you like.

Sure I miss some perks that no one but me seems to miss. I am sure there used to be a free wine tasting. Lol my sister went with me. She loved the cheese, doesnt drink. Gave me her white wine I liked. All I hear about are stuff that for me is not important. I like how it is. 

Pizza gate..

20230902_112655550.jpeg

• Like 1

Loved cruising with RCL and with D+ benefits, this influenced our decision to be "Loyal to Royal". Now with the cutbacks in MDR, room cleaning, reduced D+ and P benefits have made us look around for the "best deal" for our needs.

We have a B2B Brilliance cruise in 2 weeks but that is the last RCL cruise on the books for us. We have 9 MSC cruises booked though 2024. We are thinking of booking Explorer in Europe then taking the TA and doing caribbean in Nov 2024 for a B5B. Will most likely book it if Next Cruise can get the same cabin for those cruises (wife hates moving cabins) when we board Brilliance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Loved cruising with RCL and with D+ benefits, this influenced our decision to be "Loyal to Royal". Now with the cutbacks in MDR, room cleaning, reduced D+ and P benefits have made us look around for the "best deal" for our needs.

We have a B2B Brilliance cruise in 2 weeks but that is the last RCL cruise on the books for us. We have 9 MSC cruises booked though 2024. We are thinking of booking Explorer in Europe then taking the TA and doing caribbean in Nov 2024 for a B5B. Will most likely book it if Next Cruise can get the same cabin for those cruises (wife hates moving cabins) when we board Brilliance.

There is so much "noise" surrounding RCI right now. I respect your decision making.

Until your next cruise.......

On 8/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, island lady said:

So do we, hence the switch to classier lines.  Sigh...yes, more money, but tired of the degradation of RCI.  

Ha. Well apparently the other pinnacles didn't get the memo. This ship is absolutely loaded with them. They are everywhere.  Was there a pinnacle gathering or is this normal now? 🤣

21 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Ha. Well apparently the other pinnacles didn't get the memo. This ship is absolutely loaded with them. They are everywhere.  Was there a pinnacle gathering or is this normal now? 🤣

We have been on Navigator twice in the last year or so. Both times the DL was open to Pins only during HH, us lowly D and D+ were given the Cosmopolitan club both times.  Sad for other cruisers as the Cosmopolitan club was closed to everyone except D and D+  during HH and there were only a few couples in the entire place

7 pm Happy hour below. Many trays of appetizers but no takers, also only one voucher used for several drinks. 

IMG_5342.thumb.jpeg.6af5b23bc8cd0a3f0bc3d8cd1c8e2e65.jpeg 

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.b4d87c6243997643bd06d461bc76aa73.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.28f367856f8cb2039bb64262a6f365ac.jpeg

20 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have been on Navigator twice in the last year or so. Both times the DL was open to Pins only during HH, us lowly D and D+ were given the Cosmopolitan club both times.  Sad for other cruisers as the Cosmopolitan club was closed to everyone except D and D+  during HH and there were only a few couples in the entire place

7 pm Happy hour below. Many trays of appetizers but no takers, also only one voucher used for several drinks. 

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.b4d87c6243997643bd06d461bc76aa73.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.28f367856f8cb2039bb64262a6f365ac.jpeg

Am I understanding correctly?  There is now substantially more pinnacles than diamond on your sailings? Or maybe the D members just don't care about those perks the same way?

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I would much rather be in that lounge than the DL. 😉   And in fact we don't use the lounges for happy hour at all.  Prefer the VCL.   Most ships we have been on.... the "Pinnacle Event" was a cordoned off area of the VCL for the Pinnacles, leaving the CL/SL for GS pax and above.  

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think she is saying they werent charged for all drinks, rather than it was a real thing, just lucky. 

Exactly. Bartender just asked for cabin number. Only went for the chicken wings. Three nights out of the four we had four drinks between us, checking the tv each night I saw only two vouchers used. PS.. I am a he not a she.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 6:04 PM, frank808 said:

So you prefer no benefits?

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...we Pinnies are not impressed any longer.  Not worth it to us now.  

Not a matter of being impressed. For me free wifi would be really nice. Dont care about anything else. Not that I'd push to get there, but would like it tbh. 

On 9/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, steveru621 said:

So you prefer no benefits?

With MSC YC alcoholic & mixed drinks, internet, private restaurant, reserved seats, etc. are included. Cheaper than booking suites with Royal. As Diamond on MSC a specialty meal is included but the YC meals are just as good.

What RCL D+ perks are left, does not sway us to book with RCL instead of MSC. Way less benefits in MSC loyalty program compared to RCL but their YC was a awesome value. Now it is just a very good value compared to RCL.

• Like 1