Challenge!

georgiaguy

15 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Holy cow, I forgot about footstools.  LLP said we could get one if we wanted one.  I wonder if that's still true.

She is retired so probably has her feet up on one now enjoying all these comments!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Then after you have eaten all your meals at the “top-notch Four Season's resort” your price is equivalent to a penthouse suite. 

Not really. I eat breakfast and one hot meal per day. Maybe a snack along the way. Usually, I book hotels through the Centurion concierge or Virtuoso, so there is always a decent credit and breakfast included.

I would rather have a moderate amount of high-quality food than an unlimited supply of Mast Grill burgers, one of which being enough to kill you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C4HCG said:

😁 i apologised to NMT 

😁😁😁 No apology needed.  I was starting to think that I needed to start a fan club.  But I am new to the fan club thing.  Do I send out T-shirts.?    How does  the fan club thing roll ?? 😁😁😁

My previous fan club was the 3 Edgeketeers.  They were fans of the E class.  I viewed it as a serious downgrade.  IV vs. balcony and 10 more issues....

Anyways all opinions are welcome.    I will buy the first round if I meet you on a cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 1:43 PM, bookitdanno said:

Well said. With you 100%. Leaving Cruise Critic until this board is under control again.

There is way too much negativity here. And... some of the leaders of these attacks on Celebrity still, according to their own signature, have over 70 days still booked with Celebrity. Seems odd....

It’s not odd at all.  Many of these changes are very, very recent. Are those of us with many cruises booked long ago expected to just cancel them all and take the loss of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars? And one can be upset about the many, many changes but not necessarily be ready to jump ship yet.  I think also that the people you reference, and I may be one of them, who have many cruises booked are obviously very frequent, loyal customers and therefore possibly feel the impact more deeply than new cruisers to Celebrity or those who only cruise now and then.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 3

Thank you for expressing what many of us have thought…how tedious this constant complaining is about cookies and other ridiculous things. We went on a Celebrity cruise last January after reading boards filled complaints. We had a great cruise and expect to have the same for our upcoming cruises. For those who are so unhappy, cancel your cruises and go elsewhere to that perfect cruise you are seeking. Good luck!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

😁😁😁 No apology needed.  I was starting to think that I needed to start a fan club.  But I am new to the fan club thing.  Do I send out T-shirts.?    How does  the fan club thing roll ?? 😁😁😁

My previous fan club was the 3 Edgeketeers.  They were fans of the E class.  I viewed it as a serious downgrade.  IV vs. balcony and 10 more issues....

Anyways all opinions are welcome.    I will buy the first round if I meet you on a cruise.

I still think you’re a miserable so and so 😁. But entertaining nonetheless. And I will take you up on that offer of a drink if ever we are on the same ship 👍.

Edited by C4HCG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for posting this @georgiaguy.  So many of us feel as you do but I will tell you, I finally started blocking the negative/repetitive posters and it feels so much better!  Plus, when you see the blocked comments name come up, you see how many times they are posting over and over and over again.  It's so tedious.  

• Like 2

I love to read threads with complaints.  What I do dislike is posters who complain about complainers.  Every company dislikes negative comments.  If it was not for people raising a stink about "X the rules", charging for burgers or cookies or downgrades, the apparent downward spiral would not end.  The comment about "it was only on one ship" is so shortsighted.  It was a test to see if they could start charging for cookies or even everything now free at the Cafe.

Every poster has the right to be read or ignored.  Stop shooting the messengers and keep the pressure on.

I'm a very optimistic pessimist.  The worst may happen but not necessarily to me.

I'm still holding on to our 8 Celebrity bookings because cruise critic members will keep the pressure on (all cruise lines) to maintain the standards we expect onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

I love to read threads with complaints.  What I do dislike is posters who complain about complainers.  Every company dislikes negative comments.  If it was not for people raising a stink about "X the rules", charging for burgers or cookies or downgrades, the apparent downward spiral would not end.  The comment about "it was only on one ship" is so shortsighted.  It was a test to see if they could start charging for cookies or even everything now free at the Cafe.

Every poster has the right to be read or ignored.  Stop shooting the messengers and keep the pressure on.

I'm a very optimistic pessimist.  The worst may happen but not necessarily to me.

I'm still holding on to our 8 Celebrity bookings because cruise critic members will keep the pressure on (all cruise lines) to maintain the standards we expect onboard.

But what if I have a complaint about the complainer who dislikes people complaining about complaints?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, C 2 C said:

So we’re now not allowed an opinion unless we are complaining? If we are happy with things keep quiet? Says it all.

On 8/26/2023 at 3:16 AM, georgiaguy said:

I just saw a poll that is literally “what ticks you off?” looking for the top three things that make you most upset 🤦‍♂️

Are people only allowed to ask questions that you approve of then? 🤣