Challenge!

georgiaguy

How many threads can we start in a single day complaining about everything we hate about Celebrity? I think we can break our previous record of….

Seriously though, I used to enjoy coming here to read actual cruise reviews or to find tips for my next cruise or ask a question that I didnt know the answer to. Lately however it seems like three or four threads a day complaining. I get it, people are upset but really. I mean the cookie thing has at least two threads complaining about it and beyond one ship it hasn’t been rolled out fleet wide. Again I get it people are upset, but I see people talking about reconsidering cruises after reading what folks are posting here. Anyone else feeling the weight of the negativity? 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

How many threads can we start in a single day complaining about everything we hate about Celebrity? I think we can break our previous record of….

Seriously though, I used to enjoy coming here to read actual cruise reviews or to find tips for my next cruise or ask a question that I didnt know the answer to. Lately however it seems like three or four threads a day complaining. I get it, people are upset but really. I mean the cookie thing has at least two threads complaining about it and beyond one ship it hasn’t been rolled out fleet wide. Again I get it people are upset, but I see people talking about reconsidering cruises after reading what folks are posting here. Anyone else feeling the weight of the negativity? 

Stop your complaining. 🤣

• Haha 8

Yes, because up until now it was basically the suite level that was seeing the changes. The cookie thing is the first to impact us with an inside view. The mdr wasn't what it used to be in February, but the food was good. I tried to be honest in my review for both my X and HAL cruises this year.

Edited by cgolf1

12 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Touché…🤣

I wasn't complaining. Telling you to stop it. 😂

Answer to your question. No. If I don't like the thread or posts I skip them going forward. I'll hang around for awhile with this one to see what others say. 

Edited by doghog

13 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Yes, because up until now it was basically the suite level that was seeing the changes. The cookie thing is the first to impact us with an inside view. The mdr wasn't what it used to be in February, but the food was good. I tried to be honest in my review for both my X and HAL cruises this year.

And to be fair I appreciate a fair and honest review even when the experience isnt great. But I also see a difference between a hard review and just the negativity. Go to the first page and count the number of complaints. That is what I am talking about.

Edited by georgiaguy
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

it is t just “the cookie thing”.  Please read some of the posts that list the changes that have come about, some quickly:  ie. reduction in quality of meats/fish, reduction of menu items, reduction of items/amenities, charging for what used to be included and what you paid for in your fee.    As I posted earlier, to keep relegating this to a “cookie thing” as some are doing, is NOT just we who have cruised Celebrity are saying.   You cannot claim to be a Premium line while you reduce the product and raise prices

This is new and fast to loyal. celebrity people. So yes, we are going to point out what is changing rapidly and not for the better.  Rather like Buyer Beware.    

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

And to be fair I appreciate a fair and honest review even when the experience isnt great. But I also see a difference between a hard review and just the negativity. 

You appear to be solely blaming CC posters for the negativity. Are Celebrity's new policies blameless?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I think it’s time for me to walk away from Cruise Critic again because it’s become a sea of negativity. Yeah, I understand that things are changing. Things are changing everywhere. Hotel, movie, flight, restaurant experiences aren’t the way they were five years ago. My ice cream container ain’t a gallon and the  price is up. 

Fortunately, the people we interact with in real life on cruises are always generous, kind, and enjoying themselves. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You appear to be solely blaming CC posters for the negativity. Are Celebrity's new policies blameless?

I don’t think he is blaming CC posters at all, the number of duplicate threads and continuous gripes is tedious. I loved this board as a new cruiser as I got great tips, now if I was thinking about cruising and dropped in here I would be deterred from doing it and would miss out on a treat. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

it is t just “the cookie thing”.  Please read some of the posts that list the changes that have come about, some quickly:  ie. reduction in quality of meats/fish, reduction of menu items, reduction of items/amenities, charging for what used to be included and what you paid for in your fee.    As I posted earlier, to keep relegating this to a “cookie thing” as some are doing, is NOT just we who have cruised Celebrity are saying.   You cannot claim to be a Premium line while you reduce the product and raise prices

This is new and fast to loyal. celebrity people. So yes, we are going to point out what is changing rapidly and not for the better.  Rather like Buyer Beware.    

I recognize it is more than a “cookie thing” I really meant that as an example but also that there were two posts about it on the first page. I meant it a representative example. 

7 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

I think it’s time for me to walk away from Cruise Critic again because it’s become a sea of negativity. Yeah, I understand that things are changing. Things are changing everywhere. Hotel, movie, flight, restaurant experiences aren’t the way they were five years ago. My ice cream container ain’t a gallon and the  price is up. 

Fortunately, the people we interact with in real life on cruises are always generous, kind, and enjoying themselves. 

Spot on, I’m with you. Fly out to the States in 7 hours and plan to kick the habit of this site whilst on holiday. Sadly I know I will fail as usually so many good threads here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

I don’t think he is blaming CC posters at all, the number of duplicate threads and continuous gripes is tedious. I loved this board as a new cruiser as I got great tips, now if I was thinking about cruising and dropped in here I would be deterred from doing it and would miss out on a treat. 

This is exactly what I am getting at. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Also not sure what qualifies one a “loyal celebrity people” but I worked for Celebrity and pretty much exclusively cruise with them if we are cruising and I pick the cruise. 

Sigh.  Race to the bottom?

The frequency of the posts has to do with how many cuts Celebrity institutes during a given week.  All on Celebrity.  

99.5% on this board used to be loyal Celebrity cruisers.  I was one of them.  

Sigh...  

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I don’t disagree that there have been many changes that aren’t positive but it seems to me that this board has gone into overdrive looking for the negative. So they try selling warm cookies on 1 ship and all h—- breaks loose.   but someone posts about their great cruise and that thread dies a quick death.

All cruise lines are making changes and cuts some the same as X but this is the only board that had become so negative.  
We have 7 bookings and hope to take all of them but until we are onboard and experience the changes for ourselves I’m not ready to write off a cruise line that has given us 40 wonderful cruises.  If they don’t deliver on our B2 B in November we will try something else. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I don’t disagree that there have been many changes that aren’t positive but it seems to me that this board has gone into overdrive looking for the negative. So they try selling warm cookies on 1 ship and all h—- breaks loose.   but someone posts about their great cruise and that thread dies a quick death.

All cruise lines are making changes and cuts some the same as X but this is the only board that had become so negative.  
We have 7 bookings and hope to take all of them but until we are onboard and experience the changes for ourselves I’m not ready to write off a cruise line that has given us 40 wonderful cruises.  If they don’t deliver on our B2 B in November we will try something else. 

Well I suppose if all cruise lines have sunk to the Celebrity depths then we all will be doing land vacations...

The cookie upcharges only showcase the desparado of Celebrity trying to make a buck...

The number of positive to negative reviews is totally appalling, yet totally on Celebrity.

Yet I can remember when everyone was a Celebrity cheerleader and we all booked Celebrity cruises while on the last cruise.  Where has that gone?

The product has degraded...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, georgiaguy said:

@georgiaguy the challenge is for Celebrity to not to announce any cuts for X number of days.  Give your buddy Jason Liberty a call and you have full control over this board and FaceBook.  Peace to All 🙂   The reactions are negative but could be positive.  Tell Jason to toss the peasants a bone and give us a positive.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

I stop following most threads after a couple of pages for this exact reason. Too much dragging on about this or that. A cruise is a vacation. It shouldn't cause so much stress that it negates the whole experience.

Things change and you may not get what you want. Life is too short to be caught up in the nitty-gritty details.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Throw us a bone...  What has Celebrity improved in the last week.  You have a large audience.

38 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Throw us a bone...  What has Celebrity improved in the last week.  You have a large audience.

Why post that when you know the answer? Nothing obviously. Don’t you ever get tired of continuously complaining or is it your hobby?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Why post that when you know the answer? Nothing obviously. Don’t you ever get tired of continuously complaining or is it your hobby?

At this point I will take pretty much anything...  Just fill us in...  My bar has been dropped rather low...  Hoping for something better...

Edited by NMTraveller

3 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Well, I am pretty happy about your post! I did not realize that the cookie charge was only for one ship! Cookies on Infinity in two weeks for me!  Yeah! 

• Like 1