flight seating reservation

kevboy

Can anyone please tell me how much it is to reserve seats together for. Caribbean flights? both economy and premium. thank you. I have been informed that it is as much as £40 per person each way

kev

I have just paid £45pp each way in economy for seats on our TUI flights in December for our Caribbean cruise so £180 for the 2 of us. I did enquire a few months ago about Premium seats and was shocked by how much the cost was but can’t remember the amount as I decided it was much more than I was prepared to pay.

Premium seats for 2 you are looking at about an additional £900 in total as in both ways. Then you have to pay an additional cost to pick your seats 14 weeks before you fly. Think that's about £19 per person per seat each way. 

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Premium seats for 2 you are looking at about an additional £900 in total as in both ways. Then you have to pay an additional cost to pick your seats 14 weeks before you fly. Think that's about £19 per person per seat each way. 

Hate to tell you Presto2 but I believe it's £45 each way for the seats per person (plus the nervous breakdown trying to reserve them together!)

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hate to tell you Presto2 but I believe it's £45 each way for the seats per person (plus the nervous breakdown trying to reserve them together!)

Oh well probably the only thing we can book before the cruise and be certain of eh!

Still singing Bob Marley 3 little birds ...

La la la la 

9 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh well probably the only thing we can book before the cruise and be certain of eh!

Still singing Bob Marley 3 little birds ...

La la la la 

You'll need nerves of steel.  Everything opens for every flight at the same time - midnight. By one minute past you get the pretty spinning wheel, seat plan flashes up and disappears. You finally get in put your seats in the basket go to pay. It refuses your payment as someone else has beaten you to it. Start again!!  Last year was my first time of doing it as we aren't fussed where we sit normally but OH had some leg problems so didn't want to climb over people.  I finally got mybseats at 2.53am, it's indelibly printed in my brain.  Can confirm that by 7.00am none left in pairs apparently as others on here weren't so lucky.  

Certain ... hmm not really.  TUI changed the planes on a lot of the flights and there was no premium economy on them.

Deep breath ... We're jammin', we're jammin'

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

You'll need nerves of steel.  Everything opens for every flight at the same time - midnight. By one minute past you get the pretty spinning wheel, seat plan flashes up and disappears. You finally get in put your seats in the basket go to pay. It refuses your payment as someone else has beaten you to it. Start again!!  Last year was my first time of doing it as we aren't fussed where we sit normally but OH had some leg problems so didn't want to climb over people.  I finally got mybseats at 2.53am, it's indelibly printed in my brain.  Can confirm that by 7.00am none left in pairs apparently as others on here weren't so lucky.  

Certain ... hmm not really.  TUI changed the planes on a lot of the flights and there was no premium economy on them.

Deep breath ... We're jammin', we're jammin'

You are joking ..... sounds like a nightmare. What date do ours open? Hoping its not a weekday ..... 

Out of interest can  both of you try to book at the same time? Just a thought

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

You are joking ..... sounds like a nightmare. What date do ours open? Hoping its not a weekday ..... 

Out of interest can  both of you try to book at the same time? Just a thought

I wish I was, no it's all true.  7 October is 14 weeks so midnight they'll open.  We need to log in about 10 minutes before on the night of the 13th.

I assume if two log in with their individual log ins it should work.  You go through to a separate section when you click on choose seats - a very old fashioned design with a picture of Azura.  You'll be able to do a dummy run.now to see if that works.  You'll just get a message saying seats aren't available yet and to try 14 weeks from sailing.

I had several windows open last time  used Chrome and Explorer, neither were preferential.  You get messages saying system errors, that's just the overloading of the flight system and you persevere.

It reminds me of booking a ticket for a top.pop act or a football match.  Into a virtual  waiting room and wait. Trouble is P&O don't appear to have a waiting room so you go.nowhere.  It's REALLY frustrating!  Better put your headphones on with a whole Bob Marley album never mind Three Little Birds ...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I wish I was, no it's all true.  7 October is 14 weeks so midnight they'll open.  We need to log in about 10 minutes before on the night of the 13th.

I assume if two log in with their individual log ins it should work.  You go through to a separate section when you click on choose seats - a very old fashioned design with a picture of Azura.  You'll be able to do a dummy run.now to see if that works.  You'll just get a message saying seats aren't available yet and to try 14 weeks from sailing.

I had several windows open last time  used Chrome and Explorer, neither were preferential.  You get messages saying system errors, that's just the overloading of the flight system and you persevere.

It reminds me of booking a ticket for a top.pop act or a football match.  Into a virtual  waiting room and wait. Trouble is P&O don't appear to have a waiting room so you go.nowhere.  It's REALLY frustrating!  Better put your headphones on with a whole Bob Marley album never mind Three Little Birds ...

The lead passenger can select seats for both. I don't know if more than 2 on the booking, but I would guess that the lead passenger can select seats for all.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Bit like trying to log on to exam results scores for schools then..... takes hours ...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The lead passenger can select seats for both. I don't know if more than 2 on the booking, but I would guess that the lead passenger can select seats for all.

Hi was thinking we would both try to get on the system and see who could get them booked. As I'm not lead then guessing hubby has to stay up late ...... 😉

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi was thinking we would both try to get on the system and see who could get them booked. As I'm not lead then guessing hubby has to stay up late ...... 😉

Selecting seats, economy, premium and club is always the lead passenger.  I chose our BA seats for our trip to France next week. There is a tick box to confirm you have the authority to pick for all. DW would leave it to chance as she may get to sit next to some young hunk for 8 hours.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Try it now. Both log in and see if it goes to flights.  No reason why if it works hubby can't be both of you - I do all ours as could not let my OH near anything he'd probably press cancel or something. As I say I put countless screens in the queue after I'd waited 40 minutes and got in the queue.

Whichever gets into account first can as Zap says select seats for both of you.  If the same seats are available on the return it will prompt you - mine weren't so I did two transactions to ensure outward was protected as paid for and then I chose return seats and paid for them separately too.

The problem is 7 or 8 flights with 300 people on-board are released at the same time, PE is in with the economy so thousands swamp the system.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

You could pretend you are him and log on using the booking reference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

Try it now. Both log in and see if it goes to flights.  No reason why if it works hubby can't be both of you - I do all ours as could not let my OH near anything he'd probably press cancel or something. As I say I put countless screens in the queue after I'd waited 40 minutes and got in the queue.

Whichever gets into account first can as Zap says select seats for both of you.  If the same seats are available on the return it will prompt you - mine weren't so I did two transactions to ensure outward was protected as paid for and then I chose return seats and paid for them separately too.

The problem is 7 or 8 flights with 300 people on-board are released at the same time, PE is in with the economy so thousands swamp the system.

We have already played with the system and been on to the part where you book your seats. We will be playing believe me ;-) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

You could pretend you are him and log on using the booking reference.

Wasn't sure if we could both book into the system under the same name at the sw time. Will play about with it at some point.