Online Check-in Pics

floralscent

Can someone please remind me what type of pic we are to take for online check-in? It has been over a year since my last cruise and I can't remember if it is just a head shot needed or if it is okay to have shoulders in the pic too. If I remember correctly, it is sort of like a drivers license pic but I honestly have no recollection of what I did.

I was hoping to have pics taken prior to on online check in so I am ready to go when the time comes. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Can someone please remind me what type of pic we are to take for online check-in? It has been over a year since my last cruise and I can't remember if it is just a head shot needed or if it is okay to have shoulders in the pic too. If I remember correctly, it is sort of like a drivers license pic but I honestly have no recollection of what I did.

I was hoping to have pics taken prior to on online check in so I am ready to go when the time comes. Thank you!

I always take them from just below the shoulders and up.  I really don't know why they want this since they ALWAYS retake my photo when boarding.

Edited by Reijo
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 9:55 AM, floralscent said:

I've never uploaded one in the last dozen or so cruises. They will just take one at the port.

The issue with doing it yourself is in order for them to accept it as is and NOT re-take at check-in is you need to ensure there's lots of light; in many cases you'd be best to take it outside on a sunny day.  Or just do what most have suggested which is to do nothing and let them take it at the terminal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The issue with doing it yourself is in order for them to accept it as is and NOT re-take at check-in is you need to ensure there's lots of light; in many cases you'd be best to take it outside on a sunny day.  Or just do what most have suggested which is to do nothing and let them take it at the terminal

Thank you! We’ll take on cruise day then. We have taken our own pics the last few times and uploaded as I don’t remember seeing a bypass option to opt out of not taking your own pic. Appreciate the advice everyone! 

1 hour ago, floralscent said:

Thank you! We’ll take on cruise day then. We have taken our own pics the last few times and uploaded as I don’t remember seeing a bypass option to opt out of not taking your own pic. Appreciate the advice everyone! 

There is. I never take our pictures pre cruise for check in. Check in, health questionnaire and muster drill is all I do.