PVP on vacation

cruisewiththekids

I emailed my vacation planner to book a cruise, but her email reply states she is on vacation and won't be checking email.  She stated to call the PVP phone number and whoever answers can help and to tell them I am working with her.   When I did that, I got the foreign call center and someone clueless that I wanted to book and keep my PVP of record.    Any idea how to go about this?   She won't be back for over a week.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can either go to another travel agency or book it yourself and turn it over to her when she returns.  You can always cancel...if you do it with a refundable deposit.

If you call the PVP number to book and tell them to give her credit, then she should be able to handle your booking. You can also book online and put it on hold - then call the PVP number to pay the deposit.

If you call the general Princess number to book and deposit, then you may not be able to get that PVP to handle it in the future. I booked one cruise online, then needed to call to deposit. PVP was not available. I called general Princess number to deposit. When I talked with PVP later, she said she could not help me on that booking, since it was assigned to someone else.

1 hour ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I emailed my vacation planner to book a cruise, but her email reply states she is on vacation and won't be checking email.  She stated to call the PVP phone number and whoever answers can help and to tell them I am working with her.   When I did that, I got the foreign call center and someone clueless that I wanted to book and keep my PVP of record.    Any idea how to go about this?   She won't be back for over a week.

When you call the CVP number, press 0 to get a supervisor, then explain what you want to do.

Call during normal business hours PT, so you should get someone in the US.  I hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

If you call the PVP number to book and tell them to give her credit, then she should be able to handle your booking. You can also book online and put it on hold - then call the PVP number to pay the deposit.

If you call the general Princess number to book and deposit, then you may not be able to get that PVP to handle it in the future. I booked one cruise online, then needed to call to deposit. PVP was not available. I called general Princess number to deposit. When I talked with PVP later, she said she could not help me on that booking, since it was assigned to someone else.

And this is why I ONLY deal with my travel agent.  

This happened to me a few months ago.  I just went online and made my own booking.  I then called the main number and spoke with another representative to take my deposit.  I made sure that I told the rep that I wanted MY CVP to get credit for this booking.  I then sent an email to my CVP to let her know that I booked a cruise.  She got full credit for this booking.  It sounds like the one person did not stress the importance of giving the credit to their CVP.  I always work with Princess when booking a cruise and never had any problems in the past.  My CVP works hard and deserves some vacation time off and I am sure travel agents do the same.  lt's weird to read that is why one person only deals with a travel agent.  That makes no sense.

When my CVP goes on vacation and I want a cruise booked with a particular cabin, I book it online myself and just put the cabin on a hold.  I may have to do it twice if she’s gone for awhile.  
once you deposit it, she will do longer get credit for the booking.  
I happen to know another CVP and he did a booking for me once and assigned it to my CVP.  

Just coming back to give an update.   The key apparently is not to call in the evenings.   I tried the general phone number for the PVPs during the day, and I was able to get another PVP on the phone who took care of everything.    In the evenings, that number must roll over to the foreign call center.