splitting pizza orders at giovanni's on wonder of the seas

danoconnl

9 hours ago, George C said:

We really like Giovanni’s did it several times on allure do not recall seeing pizza on menu , I do believe there are two types of Giovanni’s on rccl, we hope Jamie’s which is on our next cruise is as good.

Just off Oasis and no pizza in Giovanni's, but a heck of other wonderful dishes.  Loved the appetizer of meat and cheese board to start.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Just off Oasis and no pizza in Giovanni's, but a heck of other wonderful dishes.  Loved the appetizer of meat and cheese board to start.

I believe Allure is Giovanni's Table, and Wonder/Odyssey is Giovanni's Kitchen. I like them both, but I am starting to enjoy Giovanni's Kitchen a bit more. I love the "Italian Stromboli." 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I believe Allure is Giovanni's Table, and Wonder/Odyssey is Giovanni's Kitchen. I like them both, but I am starting to enjoy Giovanni's Kitchen a bit more. I love the "Italian Stromboli." 

Is Giovanni's Kitchen a Pizzeria while table being an Italian Restaurant.  By any chance do you have a menu for G Kitchen.

10 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Is Giovanni's Kitchen a Pizzeria while table being an Italian Restaurant.  By any chance do you have a menu for G Kitchen.

You can see the menu in the app. Just choose the current sailing for any ship that has it.

Kitchen is more casual but they have full Italian entrees like Table but also pizza and pizzeria type dishes as well.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, nelblu said:

I always order that appetizer, I was glad to read Jamie’s has that on the menu also. 

9 minutes ago, George C said:

I always order that appetizer, I was glad to read Jamie’s has that on the menu also. 

They call it the "plank".  It's a wooden plank and they place it over 2 cans of tomato sauce or tomatoes.😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

Sorry.. yes to being a Restaurant that happens to serve Pizza as well. The Pizza is very good.

On 9/5/2023 at 4:59 PM, danoconnl said:

we've got the UDP on our cruise in March on Wonder.  We enjoy the late night pizza but like different things. Wife loves mushrooms, I can't stand them.

We don't need a whole pizza for each of us, so can you order a half meat lovers and half mixed mushroom like I would at a local pizza joint?

Thanks

Dan

We were on Wonder in March and ordered 1/2 and 1/2 pizza. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Thanks.  Nice looking menu

We ate lunch and dinner on Odyssey on our march 2022 sailing.  The food was pretty good.  

I'm not sure we'll do it other than late night pizza when on Wonder next March.  So many other places and we've got really good Italian here in St. Louis in a community known as "The Hill", so we are spoiled.

Dan

On 9/6/2023 at 9:19 AM, George C said:

We really like Giovanni’s did it several times on allure do not recall seeing pizza on menu , I do believe there are two types of Giovanni’s on rccl, we hope Jamie’s which is on our next cruise is as good.

I ordered Eggplant Parmesan at Jamie's Italian on one of the ships. Jamie does not make this dish "breaded and fried". It was a mushy mess. Just a heads up if you like Eggplant Parmesan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

We have a cruise booked on Wonder soon. I can bring up all the menus on the RCCL app. It even tells you when the restaurants are open for lunch.

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I see a desert menu for the kids (Bambinos) but do not see the desertmenu for the adults.

I noticed that too. They do have a regular one as well.. the only things I can remember is the chocolate ravioli, and the Banana Nutella. There is a couple more though I believe just cant think of that they are. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I was sitting here thinking I wish I could just order a pizza from Giovanni and not pay for a whole meal .. and then thought .. ohoh that's what pizza gate was all about, would we pay for pizza. I would pay for good pizza. Giovanni. 

I would pay for a Giovannis Kitchen pizza as well. If it was reasonable like $15-$20 a pizza and we could sit and share it.. yep!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I would pay for a Giovannis Kitchen pizza as well. If it was reasonable like $15-$20 a pizza and we could sit and share it.. yep!

I didn't check it out when we were onboard Wonder but the app shows Giovanni's Wine Bar as selling pizzas for $7-12. I assume they're small/individual sized for that price but that's just a guess. They also have some apps and desserts listed a la carte.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't check it out when we were onboard Wonder but the app shows Giovanni's Wine Bar as selling pizzas for $7-12. I assume they're small/individual sized for that price but that's just a guess. They also have some apps and desserts listed a la carte.

I didn't notice that, thanks. I will check it out on Odyssey in November. 

• Like 1

I’m on Wonder with the UDP now and have already eaten at Giovanni’s twice 

Order both the pizzas you want, no need to share 

You can do Giovanni’s on boarding day as well - that’s where we ate on Sunday 

here is a sample of all we have sampled in two visits 

And we are going again for lunch on Saturday - food and service on Wonder is excellent 

IMG_1867.thumb.jpeg.b2b16c4a65b5dd503158cedf9deab8bd.jpeg

Very nice Egg Pizza

IMG_1866.thumb.jpeg.8d93638f7cd77f9420f329e7911b0534.jpeg

Caprese Truffle Salad

IMG_1868.thumb.jpeg.f599b7d9d78c2bc95990cb2f90dffff9.jpeg

Filet

IMG_1869.thumb.jpeg.5fb72b191d5bfc4d9737a65940856050.jpeg

Dessert Menu

IMG_1870.thumb.jpeg.ecf422b69d14bf1745997570072e6007.jpeg

Go Bananas

IMG_1871.thumb.jpeg.556212f983350e42f529c7dad32bc1a3.jpeg

Chocolate Ravioli

IMG_1873.thumb.jpeg.a3ade362b145d808e653121a0d0bde95.jpeg

IMG_1874.thumb.jpeg.8a2b2b965efa624b4755b8f9caeccbbd.jpeg

IMG_1594.thumb.jpeg.a7ed7cebb0906038324376029ed33368.jpeg

Giovanni’s Honey Pizza

IMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.6e3fc85cf7f6ba5b2c44a31b9f002782.jpeg

without the arugula 

IMG_1591.thumb.jpeg.bd00085018612c10daada19733b28a84.jpeg

Assorted meat and cheese platter 

Enjoy 

We have eaten at Portofino- Giovanni’s and Jamie’s - This beats all of those IMO

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

@PompeySailor Thanks for sharing all that, looks great. We were always big fans of Giovanni’s Table, never tried Kitchen (yet). How was the filet (which I know picky wife would order)?

DW says it was ok, She said the Filet in Hooked was better - Go Figure 🥩 

The other thing Mike, with Kitchen and wine there is no longer a vintages in CP

Its almost a Jamie’s - Giovanni’s Combo for the better - Royal got it right

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

The other thing Mike, with Kitchen and wine there is no longer a vintages in CP

I was on Wonder in June & we’re not wine drinkers anyway but thanks.

We don’t do much specialty dining but Kitchen seems BOGO-worthy as we’re about to turn D+. Finding a menu where picky wife can put an entire meal together is quite a feat, lol, but that one works for her.

• Like 1