Good time to bid for an upgrade?

boscobeans

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pax cancelling now are way past their final payment date, thus no refund.  And insurance does not refund you for a "what if". 

We shall see if there is any type of compensation, as there seems to be many, planning to cancel, many from Canada as well..

16 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We shall see if there is any type of compensation, as there seems to be many, planning to cancel, many from Canada as well..

Where are you seeing this that people are cancelling? 

I have seen some on allure winning some royal ups, but no way for me to know if people are cancelling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jwlane said:

How do you know?

10 minutes ago, jwlane said:

How do you know?

Let's just say lots of threats of cancelling on Facebook, including a few from Canadians flying down to Jersey intending to visit Bermuda. All on the cruise for the most part are hoping to know of a major itinerary change before boarding. This is different from changing a port of call while ON A CRUISE, it is changing an itinerary BEFORE boarding. IMHO

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only sailing that I have seen where Royal granted an option for guests to cancel was the Sept 2 sailing on the Liberty since it was a completely different itinerary.

Appx 1400 people (about 1/3 of the ship) took Royal up on the offer of a full refund.

That is the exact same situation with the Sept 16th cruise and its change in itinerary.

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Seems to me that if you book a cruise during hurricane season, you have to be somewhat prepared for this possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Pax cancelling now are way past their final payment date, thus no refund.  And insurance does not refund you for a "what if". 

Yeah I don’t see the cruise line refunding anything other than port fees, and only if there’s a drop in expense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Lots of cancellations seem to be happening with the hurricane affecting sailings.

If changes in itineraries are not a problem, there might be some decent upgrades possible.

You would think so but not my experience.

I just got off Liberty that was supposed to go to Bermuda.   Because of Idalia we were changed to NE/CA itinerary.  I actually got my royal up unsuccessful email 24 hrs BEFORE boarding.  Normally I get the email notice the evening after on boarding day. 

On 9/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, vjmatty said:

Yeah I don’t see the cruise line refunding anything other than port fees, and only if there’s a drop in expense. 

From an earlier cruise:

The Sep 2 sailing was told 2 days before. Offered full refund or to stay on the cruise which went to maine and Canada instead. An extra $100 on board credit plus about $50 of port fees back.
Most people I heard from said they had a magnificent time and were glad they stayed on the cruise. Many canceled so the ship was less crowded.