Luggage Tags

Chan50

Hi

We unfortunately did not receive our luggage tags in the mail and won’t get them in time. Is it worth or rather should I say, is it essential to print the ones we got emailed or just sort it out at the pier? We are getting on the Pride of America just for reference if that makes a difference. 

Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chan50 said:

Hi

We unfortunately did not receive our luggage tags in the mail and won’t get them in time. Is it worth or rather should I say, is it essential to print the ones we got emailed or just sort it out at the pier? We are getting on the Pride of America just for reference if that makes a difference. 

Porters will have luggage tags available.  Just verify that they have your (correct) room number!

4 hours ago, Chan50 said:

It is not essential. For the most part, only suite passengrs get luggage tags mailed to them (along with some selected markets). So, it is no unusual that you did not receive them in the mail. 

We always print ours out so that the cabin number can be clearly seen. 

Yes, you can have the porters at the terminal hand-write your cabin number on a tag and attach them to your bags. Make sure the numbers are correct. Make sure that the bag handlers can read the numbers (not scribbles). Make sure they do a good job sticking the tags on the bags. 

You have picked the absolute best way of seeing Hawaii.  Have a wonderful cruise! 

Aloha!

Edited by BirdTravels

33 minutes ago, jackieodonnell said:

They never mail them anymore. It is hit/miss. I just print them up in color, fold it up nice and stable to my suitcase. I print extra in case they rip off and put 2 tags per bag as an insurance policy.

I printed mine in colour and then covered them in clear parcel tape to reinforce them and protect them from the British weather. You have to remember to write on your name and phone number before applying the parcel tape. Ask me how I know 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jackieodonnell said:

They never mail them anymore. It is hit/miss. I just print them up in color, fold it up nice and stable to my suitcase. I print extra in case they rip off and put 2 tags per bag as an insurance policy.

I just received mine in the mail. (Not Haven just regular club balcony 😳)Totally shocked!  Can’t remember the last time I’ve received mailed tags from any cruise line, we always just print them out. 

7 hours ago, jackieodonnell said:

Color indicates the ship, nothing more.  So not necessary to print in color.

8 hours ago, jackieodonnell said:

There’s a bunch of people on my next cruise that have just received their tags by mail, many for the first time ever and not all in suites. 

2 hours ago, durberville said:

I just received mine in the mail. (Not Haven just regular club balcony 😳)Totally shocked!  Can’t remember the last time I’ve received mailed tags from any cruise line, we always just print them out. 

I'm in the Haven and got nothing. Fred's consistently inconsistent statement is so true.

14 hours ago, julig22 said:

Color indicates the ship, nothing more.  So not necessary to print in color.

Agreed. In fact someone once posted a list of the ship colors. That being said, I just sailed the Joy. The NCL luggage tags were green. The porters at Manhattan Cruise Terminal had printed Joy tags that were yellow….go figure. Printing in color is a waste of expensive ink. 

I ended up at some point getting from Amazon full page adhesive Avery printing lables and printing them on that and having them stick to my luggage. 

They work really well.

In fact, some of them from 2018 are still on my suitcases. I'll paste over them next year though. 

20 hours ago, IAcruising said:

I'm kind of confused with this topic. I used to get luggage tags in the mail in the 80's. That was 40 years ago.

That was 40 years ago. Now it's print your own. And typically nothing in the mail from the cruise line. 

Maybe it is time to cruise again!

3 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Bird, recognize a joke. I know everything about cruising from 40-years ago to the present.

40 years ago we used to get nice leather bound cruise documents. We used to have to rent deck chairs and tip pool attendants to set them up (avoids chair hogs). 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

40 years ago we used to get nice leather bound cruise documents. We used to have to rent deck chairs and tip pool attendants to set them up (avoids chair hogs). 

Lol. My biggest memory from 40-years ago was the "specialty" Carnival Holiday glasses of Pina Coladas. It was only after my 4th one that I realized they contained nearly zero alcohol. 🤣

Taking our 1st NCL cruise so luggage tag process is new to us. At what point should we get an email with luggage tags to print (approximately how many days out)? We are 25 days from sailiand have not reveal email about luggage tags yet. 

Also, any tips when printing them out besides using color? Do you have to print double sided or anything else we should know?

Do you wait til you get to your destination to attach them if you have a deviation? How do you attach them to your luggage if they are just made of printer paper?

Thanks in advance!