Transfer vehicle time

Kinniegirl

Hi Kinniegirl,  Saga will inform you of your pickup time a couple of weeks before your cruise. If you have booked direct with Saga, it will possibly appear on "MySaga" before you receive the documents via the post. Unfortunately, you cannot choose your own time. I hope that helps.

I live 200 miles away,  more  or less, and have always been picked up between 8 and 9.  'Northwest' sounds further than East Midlands - no doubt you can work it out.  In at least 10 cruises we were always picked up on time, and got to the ship between 12.30 and 2.30.    In time for buffet lunch/afternoon tea.  You will have a 'comfort' stop en route, and could be first or second to be picked up.  Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, Kinniegirl said:

I was just wondering if it was crack of dawn or reasonable.

what times are other people picked up approximately?

Just back from our cruise, live near York, pick up time 08.30/ 9.00.

Shared Car 5 hours to Dover, Great service

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Oops looks like my 10amm for 5hrs away a bit of aberation will check my November Caribbean time .

Information on times vs distance useful

We live 200 miles from Dover & pick up @ 10.00am (second pick up) arriving @ Port 14.45 with comfort stop on route.

10 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

We live about 180 miles from Dover and Southampton. On the 2 occasions we have sailed Saga the transport has picked us up around 0900. Stop on the way and at docks around 1300-1330.

Same time for us in Leicestershire.

• Like 1

The downside of sharing transport is that when you make the pit stop you have to accept the whim of the other party. For example, we would rather just get to the ship or get home. It's a 3.5 hour journey - surely even the most voracious can forgo a face-full of motorway services fare for that length of time. Well, apparently not! 

Maybe it's being ex-military, or maybe I'm just impatient but, for goodness sakes, let's just get there! 

• Like 1

It's not the eating or drinking needed, but a trip to the usual offices, in my case.  But then often have to wait while others have a coffee of course.  The driver usually says 20 minutes, and most adhere to that rule, and of course he may need sustenance; he has been on the road a lot longer than you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've no problem with people needing the facilities but can they really not last without comestibles for 3 hrs? Especially before and after the eating-fest that is Saga? 

Mind you, judging by the appearance of the average adult these days, going 20 minutes without a pie would be a challenge! 

• Haha 2

Sorry, Tts. but to me and many others of my age group lasting more than 3.5 hours without  a trip to the loo would be a problem.  It  is more than that when you take into account arriving at the port and getting to the nearest one!  I am just fine door to door for 3.5 hours between my home and my son's, having had hardly anything to drink for hours before leaving home.  I can go without a pie for weeks  on end, however.  And spare a thought for the driver.

• Like 1