Question for Elites on Standard Fare

Ombud

My CVP has reassured me that calling room service for changing out minibar or ordering elite tea will not incur a charge as those are elite benefits. But how does this work IRL?

If you have done this:

1. Were you charged $5 for the call

2. If so, did it drop off automatically like the laundry charge

3. If not, did guest services remove it

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My CVP has reassured me that calling room service for changing out minibar or ordering elite tea will not incur a charge as those are elite benefits. But how does this work IRL?

If you have done this:

Thanks in advance

From the threads I have read, they were NOT charged a RS fee for these elite benefits.  

I have not personally experienced it since the change last month. 

Hope others will chime in!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

If you have done this:

Thanks in advance

My RL experience was switching out the mini-bar did not result in a room service charge on Sapphire Princess August and September b3b (four swaps).  I did not order elite tea, however, so can't give you RL comments on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ombud--I just called room service and said what I wanted changed. They did it,

NO charge. (did it 4 times, 4 b2b's) 

I was going to do the tea but never did. To me it would be free as an Elite.

Hope you're doing well. We miss you.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone. My next voyage has A LOT of sea days so yeah, ordering elite tea (and bringing my own book as Enchanted Princess library is lacking at best)

@Belle been thinking I need to get back over there but in the meantime 🖐

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Ombud Enchanted Princess doesn't have a library.  Was on her in June.

What they have.  You go to the front desk and ask if they have any books.

Passengers bring on books, read them and leave them there so other passengers

can read. them.  So, I took a couple of books, read them turned them in and took two.

At that time they only had about ten books.

I miss the library's. on the new ships. What is nice the Royal Princess had a small one

with lots of books. Think that ship was the last one made with one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Ombud Enchanted Princess doesn't have a library.  Was on her in June.

We made the switch over to a Kindle several years ago to avoid having to bring 20 lbs of books in our suitcase.  We love it!  We load a bunch of books on our Kindle's before our long trips.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

We made the switch over to a Kindle several years ago to avoid having to bring 20 lbs of books in our suitcase.  We love it!  We load a bunch of books on our Kindle's before our long trips.

Same here I will be loading 10 books later this week for our 20 day cruise

• Like 3

For your minibar, on my last Majestic sailing in May, room service told me that the room steward handles switching out minibar items now, so you might check with the steward to see if you can avoid room service. I had a meltdown the previous cruise when I asked room service to switch out on a short 3-night coastal, because it still wasn't done by the middle  of the 2nd day, and with app and regular room service delivery, they seemed to be overwhelmed. Plus there's bound to be hiccups with room service about who's charged and how much, plus or not, whether it's ocean delivery or regular room service. It's the same as  when I get a bartender or barista who writes down purchases on a pad of paper instead of using the medallion, I've been double-charged or overcharged. 

@rj59 i didn't have a problem in April, May, or June but that was before the change. Sounds like the August change doesn't matter (to me) as I'm ordering tea & switching anyway. Its the principle not the cost 

Lol @Belle explains why I couldn't find it! 

@LACruiser88 i don't have a kindle so I'm stuck old school

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

We have 6 separate booking numbers on our upcoming voyage so should have 6 mini-bar setups. I've never swapped out items before but may well want to do so this time. (The Scotch they provide just really doesn't cut it for me.) Of course it will depend if they tell me they are out of things which has happened to us in the past where we got a very weird setup.

Off the Crown Princess 2 weeks ago.  I called guest services about something and inquired also if I should call room service or have my steward switch out my mini-bar setup.  I was told to call room service which I did.  It was switched out promptly with no $5 charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rj59 said:

For your minibar, on my last Majestic sailing in May, room service told me that the room steward handles switching out minibar items now,

Our last cruise was in July on the Emerald.  We called Room Service to switch out items in the mini-bar with no issues.  Same on the Sapphire in April.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Belle said:

I miss the library's. on the new ships. What is nice the Royal Princess had a small one

with lots of books. Think that ship was the last one made with one.

Majestic has a library, so that is +2 beyond Royal.

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

N/C for the Elite benefits.  For the umpteenth time.  🤣

I understand ppl say that but I wanted to hear from current cruisers how it works IRL after August switch not 2nd hand repeating. Apologies if you found that irritating

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I understand ppl say that but I wanted to hear from current cruisers how it works IRL

Okay, but we have had posts before today confirming this.  NBD.  Should be a short thread and we move on.  PS - re-read your post and I wasn't irritated.  Sorry about that.  

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

If you have done this:

Thanks in advance

Great question.  It will be interesting to see how it is handled since it's so new.  

• Thanks 4