Club orange blanket?

Sea Hag

We're on our first cruise with HAL, and we have CO. We didn't get the famous and undoubtedly fabulous tote bag, but there was an obviously new HAL colored and logoed small blanket in a zipper bag. My husband likes it and wants it. Is it ours to keep instead of the famous tote bag? Anyone know?

No...definitely not yours to keep.  If you do, you will get charged for it.  Depending on how much you like it, that might be OK.  On our first HAL cruise many years ago, we liked the bathrobes, talked to the Neptune lounge concierge, and they billed our room for two robes.  Actually they then delivered two brand new robes for us to take home and we continued to use the ones in our suite for the remainder of the cruise.  We still have them.  I forget how much they were.  I seem to remember seeing a price list for HAL items like this, but maybe I am wrong about that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Torquer said:

No...definitely not yours to keep.  If you do, you will get charged for it.  Depending on how much you like it, that might be OK.  On our first HAL cruise many years ago, we liked the bathrobes, talked to the Neptune lounge concierge, and they billed our room for two robes.  Actually they then delivered two brand new robes for us to take home and we continued to use the ones in our suite for the remainder of the cruise.  We still have them.  I forget how much they were.  I seem to remember seeing a price list for HAL items like this, but maybe I am wrong about that.

Yeah, I knew about the bathrobes. I'll rain on hubby's parade about the blanket.🤣

Ask your cabin steward or your CO guest services about the tote bag.

Mine was high up and I honestly didn’t see it. 

they might not have any on board but it might also have been an oversight or hiding from you in a closet 😉 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Ask your cabin steward or your CO guest services about the tote bag.

Mine was high up and I honestly didn’t see it. 

they might not have any on board but it might also have been an oversight or hiding from you in a closet 😉 

The tote bag may be lurking around. We plan to ask about the blanket. Hubby says he'll buy it if it's reasonable. Guess he really likes it. 😃

• Like 1

Are you sailing in a Neptune Suite?  Your description sounds very much like the lap blanket that we had during our Alaska cruise in a NS.  When I asked my room steward about it he told me that it was  the lap blanket for suite passengers instead of the traditional wool blanket.  

Edited by cbr663

We came across those blankets in the library on Rotterdam last year.  We went to the front desk and asked for one to purchase as my DW loved it.  One was delivered to our stateroom and added to our onboard account.  It was very reasonably priced although I do not remember how much at this point in time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, habenicd said:

We came across those blankets in the library on Rotterdam last year.  We went to the front desk and asked for one to purchase as my DW loved it.  One was delivered to our stateroom and added to our onboard account.  It was very reasonably priced although I do not remember how much at this point in time.

We did the same with the HAL logo towels. I requested to purchase one and DH decided he wanted one too.

3 hours ago, Torquer said:

We still have them.  I forget how much they were.  I seem to remember seeing a price list for HAL items like this, but maybe I am wrong about that.

Although I haven't worn a bathrobe since I was a kid, I liked the one in our Neptune suite so much that I bought one and now I wear it at home every night.

• Like 3

We also purchased the Neptune cabin robes on a prior cruise. Maybe because we asked early in the cruise about purchase, the Neptune concierge asked if we wanted them monogrammed. A few days later, we received the new robes packaged up with our initials. Unnecessary of course, but I smile when I wear it remembering the cruise. 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Although I haven't worn a bathrobe since I was a kid, I liked the one in our Neptune suite so much that I bought one and now I wear it at home every night.

The bathrobes provided for those in Club Orange (and not in suites) are the same type.