Best ship for entertainment ?

suni

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

We are on Harmony in January and I'm actually looking forward to Grease.  I've always liked the music in Grease the movie.  I've seen Mamma Mia on the Allure and really enjoyed the music.  I've always been a big fan of ABBA, anyway. 

So, even though I'm no big fan of Broadway shows, I did enjoy the music on Allure's show and I'm looking forward to Grease on the Harmony.

Grease on the Harmony was great!  We will be on the symphony next summer and we enjoyed Mama Mia on another ship years ago so I look forward to seeing it again.  We also enjoyed Chicago and Hairspray was the best.  I think Annie may be the ICON show and like the broadway and film versions.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

Of course with aqua show Oasis class is unmatched, but we recently sailed several times on Liberty and were amazed at talent level

Broadway show: Saturday Night Fever - made after famous movie with Travolta

Cirque de Soleil type of show: In the Air

Ice Show: Encore is the most interested and talented show we saw out of all ships.

Schooner bar performer: Dafydd Hughes  ... well I think if he had solo concerts on land he would gather huge crowds. Extremely talented.

Bolero's band: Son Del Rio is also very good. We liked them on Enchantment in March, but their new lead singer is even better

Edited by Tatka

Like other posters have said, really subjective

-So far, I like Symphony's Aqua show the best. Couldn't tell you why. All of the Aqua shows are very good though

-Out of the current Oasis class line up of broadway shows, I liked Mamma Mia best, with Hairspray coming in second. I mean, Grease was just OK to me. I've seen the movie and theatre production many times elsewhere which may have factored into my MEH rating.  I did also really like Columbus on Harmony, which surprised me

- In other classes of ships, Navigator has a GREAT ice show, better than other ships in that class. I also liked Showgirls. 

-As for headliner shows, those do change from sailing to sailing so can't chime in there, but I will say that "iMagician" Jamie has been following me from ship to ship ALL year long 😛 I think Royal could use a spruce up in this department. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:09 AM, suni said:

If you have already sailed on The Symphony, what other  ship would have the highest level of entertainment? Love the shows but don't want to repeat the same shows on the next cruise. 

We really like the shows on Wonder….

edit to add, I don’t want to tell you why because I don’t want to spoil it

Edited by lovesthebeach2

12 hours ago, Tapi said:

We did Harmony last summer and attended all the shows. (Grease, The Fine Line, Columbus and 1887). We thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

My teens wanted to sit front row at The Fine Line (got soaking wet, needless to say) and they thought that it was the best show ever. High energy and pulsating music to add. 

Grease was a well done musical at sea. I had seen this show on land many years back and I thought that this version was better in terms of talent and scenography. 

1887 (the ice skating show) had great visual effects and talented artist, but the story line was a bit of a head scratcher. 

Columbus was the last show we watched (almost an after thought; it was our matinee show for the cruise) and I had low expectations for this one. Sounded stupid from the get go. Turned out to be our favorite show. Great special effects, funny and entertaining story line (although goofy at times), and great music selections. The revolving ship that they use on stage is supposed to be the biggest prop used on any show at sea. 

Overall, a great entertainment lineup on Harmony. 

Thanks for this, we board Harmony in December for the first time and I'm really looking forward to the shows.

Question about grease... How "family friendly" did you find it?

43 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Question about grease... How "family friendly" did you find it?

Some of the lyrics from the movie that may not be as PC these days are still part of the show, as well as more serious topics like unplanned pregnancy and sexual references. But I thought they were presented in a milder way than on the original movie. I thought that it was something my kids could handle (pre teen and teen). The acting was pretty much PG.

Bottom line, my opinion is that if your kids have seen the movie, they won’t be bothered by anything on the show.. 

Just now, Tapi said:

Some of the lyrics from the movie that may not be as PC these days are still part of the show, as well as more serious topics like unplanned pregnancy and sexual references. But I thought they were presented in a milder way than on the original movie. I thought that it was something my kids could handle (pre teen and teen). The acting was pretty much PG.

Bottom line, my opinion is that if your kids have seen the movie, they won’t be bothered by anything on the show.. 

Thanks, we're onboard with a 14 year old and while I'm sure she is acquainted with everything that will be presented, I'd prefer it handled a little more delicately than in the original movie.  

• Like 1

For entertainment, my two favorites are Symphony and Odyssey. There ae other shows I enjoyed on various ships (who doesn't like Mamma Mia), but if I was booking based on entertainment only, I would pick one of those two.

Did anyone else get the impression that the team that put together the aqua show on the Symphony was the same group that created the Harmony aqua show?