Just off Equinox Aqua

ebtrip

Just off Equinox and was ask by fellow CC to post my impressions. 

Im not going to give my Opinions of the cruise, but the shipboard experience. We haven’t been on Celebrity since January 2020. We are Elite Plus. 
Upon boarding, no more champagne welcome.  
Movies are now pay on demand for current selections. 
no canapés in the afternoon. 
Wifi was terrible..we had basic.

We were in Aqua Class cabin 1605.  I was asked if deck 11 would be noisy with pool deck on 12. Our cabin was on the hump. Heard music one night and during one early evening some moving of furniture. Never heard anything during the night. Great location. And YES, chocolates were on the pillows every night.

Now for Blu, service was impeccable. Never had a wait.  The filet mignon was exceptional, the lobster (with no limits) was sweet and tender. Rack of lamb, delicious   My disappointment was that 3 out of 8 nights I ordered from the MDR. Blu doesn’t have a steak on the menu every night.. the offers were pork, veal, lamb etc.  One evening the Maitre De made a special shrimp dish for me. As I said the service was outstanding. 

Hope this helps, yes I probably would book Aqua again (depending on cost) if booking Celebrity, but may go back to Holland and see how they are doing. 
bon voyage 

• Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, ebtrip said:

Im not going to give my Opinions of the cruise, but the shipboard experience. We haven’t been on Celebrity since January 2020. We are Elite Plus. 

We were in Aqua Class cabin 1605.  I was asked if deck 11 would be noisy with pool deck on 12. Our cabin was on the hump. Heard music one night and during one early evening some moving of furniture. Never heard anything during the night. Great location. And YES, chocolates were on the pillows every night.

Now for Blu, service was impeccable. Never had a wait.  The filet mignon was exceptional, the lobster (with no limits) was sweet and tender. Rack of lamb, delicious   My disappointment was that 3 out of 8 nights I ordered from the MDR. Blu doesn’t have a steak on the menu every night.. the offers were pork, veal, lamb etc.  One evening the Maitre De made a special shrimp dish for me. As I said the service was outstanding. 

Hope this helps, yes I probably would book Aqua again (depending on cost) if booking Celebrity, but may go back to Holland and see how they are doing. 
bon voyage 

Hello, we are elite also and in aqua for October 14th.  How long was your cruise?  On our app it does not show lobster on the Blu menu any evenings, are there items on the menu that are not shown on the app?  I don't eat chicken (only can eat organic chicken), lamb and most seafood, would it be possible on these nights that I can ask for the steak that is on the MDR menu?

I am glad to hear your service was outstanding as our experience on the Edge and Beyond in Blu was just on par.  Were you able to order the ceasar salad or onion soup in Blu that are on the MDR menu's?

Did you have to ask and did you get your sparkling wine?  As far as the canapés, I really don't want or eat them as I am eating too much as it is on a cruise lol.  

My husband needs to be available for work via internet/calls, we have premium I do hope we won't have problems with the internet.  What exactly did you have problems with?  (cameras, texting, calls, emails, etc.)

our cruise was 8 nights.
You can order anything from the MDR. Had the onion soup a couple of times as well as the shrimp cocktail. 
I forgot to mention that our champagne was in the refrigerator, no Ice bucket or champagne glasses.  Our room steward was not the best. We got the glasses from a bar.

with basic internet we could not send pix, could not text, had to use what’s ap, or Facebook messager. Could receive emails.  Never had this problem before. Said we needed to upgrade. Not necessary for us.  We were on Viking Ocean in March and was able to video chat with my children in the middle of the Atlantic and u don’t pay for internet. 
When in Blu, please send our love to a wonderful assistant Zhanna, from Russia. She will remember us. Just tell her Elaine from California. 

• Like 1

We were on Equinox about 9 months ago. Premium wifi was excellent, I found zero limitations. Anything from the MDR can be ordered from Blu. The Blu lobster was served on a formal night, I preferred their offering because of the sauce it came with but others asked for the MDR lobster instead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ebtrip said:

bon voyage 

re: Steak --     Did you ask about the Petite Fillet on the Children's Menu?   Usually that is available in All Dining Rooms from MDR up to Retreat.

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

re: Steak --     Did you ask about the Petite Fillet on the Children's Menu?   Usually that is available in All Dining Rooms from MDR up to Retreat.

Did not know about that, as there are no children in blu.

55 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Still? I was under the impression that Celebrity removed the petite filet from the children's menu months ago.

1 hour ago, ebtrip said:

1 hour ago, ebtrip said:

There is no rule about no children in Blu or AQ.   There are AQ suites that allow more than 2 passengers, so families book them with their  children.    Some family’s also book 2 AQ cabins when sailing with their children.    Anyone in a suite can also dine in Blu, space permitting.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, miched said:

There is no rule about no children in Blu or AQ.   There are AQ suites that allow more than 2 passengers, so families book them with their  children.    Some family’s also book 2 AQ cabins when sailing with their children.    Anyone in a suite can also dine in Blu, space permitting.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’m sure ur right, but in all my past cruises never had kids in Blu. Have had families but all adults

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

Still? I was under the impression that Celebrity removed the petite filet from the children's menu months ago.

Agree!   I think the filet has been replaced with sirloin on the children’s menu.   Hope someone on board currently or in the past 2 weeks tells me I’m wrong. 

12 hours ago, ebtrip said:

I’m sure ur right, but in all my past cruises never had kids in Blu. Have had families but all adults

we have seen  children in  BLU.... few and far between.  usually with one adult ( unless 2 AQ rms were booked). well behaved, well dressed..

if  children are in a  non AQ suite  they can be in BLU subject to availability, no limits.

On 9/24/2023 at 9:07 AM, ebtrip said:

I was on this cruise and I don't believe this is quite accurate. You have to "purchase" the on demand movies, but they are all free. I watched two during the sailing and never received any charges on my account.

43 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

I was on this cruise and I don't believe this is quite accurate. You have to "purchase" the on demand movies, but they are all free. I watched two during the sailing and never received any charges on my account.

Well thanks for the info, wish we knew that during the cruise, but didn’t know that when they asked to pay it was free.