Retreat access

rzhao003

12 minutes ago, rzhao003 said:

Just wondering if we book 2 rooms and one of them is a suite, other is not, are the people in the suite allowed to bring guests into the retreat areas?

Or you could elect to spend time with your friends in the non-retreat areas of the ship, thereby not inconveniencing the passengers that have actually paid for this perk.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Or you could elect to spend time with your friends in the non-retreat areas of the ship, thereby not inconveniencing the passengers that have actually paid for this perk.

yes i understand. I just wanted to ask the question because my parents want to book a suite but we cannot. They want to spend more time with us so if this is the case then they rather not book suites

My sister took her family on apex for a European cruise all three children and three grandchildren she and her husband were in sky suite, she was able to take all of her children with there spouses to Luminae (at a additional cost) and also her grandchildren they did it on different nights she was very happy that they allowed them to treat everyone.

3 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Celebrity sells a pass to bring other guests into Retreat Lounge. If you want to bring your friends for a day, ask the Concierge and they will be happy to assist you.

Unless I’m mistaken the pass is only available to high end suites and limited to only few (<10) and they are for the entire cruise it is not just a day pass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

My sister took her family on apex for a European cruise all three children and three grandchildren she and her husband were in sky suite, she was able to take all of her children with there spouses to Luminae (at a additional cost) and also her grandchildren they did it on different nights she was very happy that they allowed them to treat everyone.

that is to eat and not the retreat deck area

11 hours ago, rzhao003 said:

yes i understand. I just wanted to ask the question because my parents want to book a suite but we cannot. They want to spend more time with us so if this is the case then they rather not book suites

Best decision…They would be paying a lot of money for facilities they would end up not using because they have opted to dine and drink with yourselves.

The only other alternative is to see if ‘pooling’ their suite budget and your standard room budget and seeing if you can then afford a higher suite like a RS or PH…My husband and I have cruised with our son and fiancée in a PH and it worked out really well. Two bathrooms, masses of storage and all the suite perks for all guests. We loved having the shared family space during the day but two very distinct separate areas at night. Worth doing a few sums before dismissing…

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Best decision…They would be paying a lot of money for facilities they would end up not using because they have opted to dine and drink with yourselves.

The only other alternative is to see if ‘pooling’ their suite budget and your standard room budget and seeing if you can then afford a higher suite like a RS or PH…My husband and I have cruised with our son and fiancée in a PH and it worked out really well. Two bathrooms, masses of storage and all the suite perks for all guests. We loved having the shared family space during the day but two very distinct separate areas at night. Worth doing a few sums before dismissing…

I know the PH on the E Class ships has 2 bedrooms.   I thought the PH suites on the M and S class only had 1 bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area.  Am I wrong.

36 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I know the PH on the E Class ships has 2 bedrooms.   I thought the PH suites on the M and S class only had 1 bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area.  Am I wrong.

No, you are right…On S in the RS class guests 3 and 4 have the sofa bed in the lounge and a toilet and sink. On M class the RS I think there is only one bathroom?

On both S and M class guests 3 and four again have the sofa bed in the lounge but with two full bathrooms.

Whilst I wouldn’t recommend the space for friends travelling together it can work very well for close families as we have found out. Everyone enjoys the lounge during the day but two distinct separate rooms at night as the sofa is changed into a bed…

27 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Is this something new?  Never heard of it.

No, not something new and NOT allowed. I cruised as a single in a Retreat level suite and was not permitted a guest, even though on most days (on this particular cruise on the Millennium) no one was in the retreat except me! No biggie, as I knew the rules going in, and fully accepted to “no guests” policy.

29 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

No, not something new and NOT allowed. I cruised as a single in a Retreat level suite and was not permitted a guest, even though on most days (on this particular cruise on the Millennium) no one was in the retreat except me! No biggie, as I knew the rules going in, and fully accepted to “no guests” policy.

Thought so

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Is this something new?  Never heard of it.

It is not new. They start with the highest level suite on that ship and move down the top suites until the 10 are gone. You would only get an offer if your reservation is linked to a non-suite cabin. If I recall correctly it is about $100 per person per day and does not include specialty restaurants.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

No, you are right…On S in the RS class guests 3 and 4 have the sofa bed in the lounge and a toilet and sink. On M class the RS I think there is only one bathroom?

On both S and M class guests 3 and four again have the sofa bed in the lounge but with two full bathrooms.

Whilst I wouldn’t recommend the space for friends travelling together it can work very well for close families as we have found out. Everyone enjoys the lounge during the day but two distinct separate rooms at night as the sofa is changed into a bed…

Agreed--PH on Millie last year and our 2 teenagers had plenty of space (and their own full bath); in fact there was so much space we had a cot brought in so they could each sleep more comfortably.  But my guess is any upper suite will be much more expensive than the suite/non-suite combo being considered. I could be wrong, but I've seen those prices just sky rocket over the past 12months.

It’s been around awhile and is offered to the higher end suites if they are linked to your reservation, but it’s not always offered. Depends on how many retreat guests are booked for each cruise. It cost around $100 per day, per guest and I believe it has to be purchased for the entire cruise,  you can’t buy just a day or two. It does not give the guests the perks of booking a suite (drink package, wifi etc) It just allows them access to the retreat lounge, deck and Luminae.  If your parents are looking to book a suite lower than a Royal Suite, they won’t get the offer. The only other option would be dining in Luminae with them, at a fee per meal, per person and it needs to be arranged prior with the Maitre d’ as it’s on an availability basis. 

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

What about a RS with a concierge stateroom on M class or a CS connected to an abutting one (on M clad).  That would provide separate spaces.

11 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

It’s been around awhile and is offered to the higher end suites if they are linked to your reservation, but it’s not always offered. Depends on how many retreat guests are booked for each cruise. It cost around $100 per day, per guest and I believe it has to be purchased for the entire cruise,  you can’t buy just a day or two. It does not give the guests the perks of booking a suite (drink package, wifi etc) It just allows them access to the retreat lounge, deck and Luminae.  If your parents are looking to book a suite lower than a Royal Suite, they won’t get the offer. The only other option would be dining in Luminae with them, at a fee per meal, per person and it needs to be arranged prior with the Maitre d’ as it’s on an availability basis.