No sofa in cabin

greenbeanie

Guest Snaxmuppet

Me too... I really don't like the tub/shower combo in the mini-suites and that, for me, is the only real downside of a mini-suite IMO.

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Mort GIFs | Tenor

all right, let's get this thread back on track, before the interlopers come waltzing in.

I thought I deleted quickly enough when I realized I posted in the wrong thread. My bad.

11 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I wish I could make do with an inside cabin. We are in a suite for our next cruise but that is for a special occasion but normally we get a standard or deluxe balcony (depending on offers). I do a lot of photography on a cruise and I just can't make do without a proper desk and somewhere I can sit and do my stuff on the laptop. Doing it on the bed just wouldn't work for me. Having an inside cabin would mean more cruises but alas it is not to be... perhaps when I was younger 🙂 

The sideways inside cabins on the Royal Class ships have a larger desk, if that helps. You can even fit two desk chairs. It’s cozy but it works. Please excuse the messy desk. Yes for me… Inside cabin = more cruises. 😊

IMG_4179.png

• Like 4

We have to have two places to sit in our cabin beside the bed.   I don't sit on the bed at home to watch TV, eat or just to sit.  So, now I check other cruise lines to get the the cabin I want at the price that I want. if Princess doesn't have it.  My last two cruises were booked on HAL because of the lack of seating in the cabin.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes, but we (ok, I) usually have several plates and it is easier to use the desk.

That’s good.  RS also brings so many plates and heavy ones! 
We usually ask if they will consolidate the items, instead of 1 item on each plate!  🤣

• Like 1

Would agree with that 

would be hesitant to bid on an upgrade for that reason and uncertainty of the new location.

10 sea days with only one cabin chair on the Ruby would be a concern 
Would it be permissible to bring in one from the balcony ?

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, pistnbroke said:

Would agree with that 

would be hesitant to bid on an upgrade for that reason and uncertainty of the new location.

10 sea days with only one cabin chair on the Ruby would be a concern 
Would it be permissible to bring in one from the balcony ?

I have brought furniture, both table and chairs, in from the balcony. It didn't cause a problem and I wasn't told not to do it but on returning to the room they had magiced themselves back outside 🙂 

Always preferred some form of sofa, even if it is just a love seat type, as for me it adds that extra little bit of comfort.

Although if you want to watch TV in the Deluxe balconies you still would probably need to watch it from the bed as they are positioned at the end of the bed, and I don't think that the TVs swivel.

Lack of a sofa in the standard balcony cabin has always been the biggest negative for me when considering Princess versus other lines. At home, to read or watch TV, I don't sit on the bed. On almost every other ship on other lines (even the Carnival Corp's "entry level"/mass market/non-premium Carnival line), standard balcony cabins have sofas. And I do want to choose Princess, as they are the only line that sails from my home port year-round. But in comparison with other ships and lines, this is a big drawback.

On the Grand class ships that seem to most often sail on the itineraries I am interested in, I would have to go to a mini-suite to get a sofa. The last two trips we've taken were booked too late to even have availability in the mini-suite category – there are far fewer mini suites than balcony cabins. And most of the mini-suites on those ships have completely uncovered balconies which, to me, are less enjoyable than ones with some shade and privacy. 

I am encouraged that Princess has created a category of balcony cabins with sofas on the newer ships, and hope they consider making a sofa a standard inclusion in all balcony cabins on future builds.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I have brought furniture, both table and chairs, in from the balcony. It didn't cause a problem and I wasn't told not to do it but on returning to the room they had magiced themselves back outside 🙂 

Yeah, I didn’t think they’d appreciate your redistribution of furniture. lol. This is why we never, ever sail in insides, o/v or standard balconies on Princess.  On the other hand, our other preferred lines, Celebrity and HAL, provide sofas in all cabin categories.  Princess new builds will be a difficult story, thank goodness.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

On our last cruise, I bought in one of the lounge chairs from the balcony to use in the cabin.  I liked that I could adjust the back and then I would read.  The chair they provided was very uncomfortable.

When we would leave the cabin, I would put it back on the balcony.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cr01s13r3 said:

I am encouraged that Princess has created a category of balcony cabins with sofas on the newer ships, and hope they consider making a sofa a standard inclusion in all balcony cabins on future builds.

See post #17.

On all new builds for Princess, all cabins will have a sofa, at expense of closet and storage and dressing area between bathroom and cabin space .