Anyone booking any of the new sailings today ?

Host Hattie

7 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Well, looks like those of us who are not CWC can only hope that we’ll find something palatable in the dregs tomorrow (or Friday—probably won’t have time to book until then) . . . .

I’m sure you needn’t worry, unless you want a Q2 over Christmas or some such.

17 minutes ago, techteach said:

Posted this somewhere else but…we are on QV for the med. in June, 2025. Q3.

Is that the one with Toulon?

It's a bit far from us (90 miles) but there's less chance of missing it due to weather than there is at Cannes or Villefranche.

Oh I nearly forgot, we'll be sailing back to Southampton then.

5 minutes ago, D&N said:

Is that the one with Toulon?

It's a bit far from us (90 miles) but there's less chance of missing it due to weather than there is at Cannes or Villefranche.

Oh I nearly forgot, we'll be sailing back to Southampton then.

IMG_0099.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

All the way from Seattle for only seven days?

We’ll add a couple of days in Barcelona, one for jet lag. I don’t think we’ll add any in Rome. I’ve been there and he really can’t be gone from work that long, or from the grand boys! I’ll be going back through postings for flight suggestions. We will want to book using miles through a One World member.

11 hours ago, techteach said:

We’ll add a couple of days in Barcelona, one for jet lag. I don’t think we’ll add any in Rome. I’ve been there and he really can’t be gone from work that long, or from the grand boys! I’ll be going back through postings for flight suggestions. We will want to book using miles through a One World member.

Not sure how things work in the US, but over here, when flying long haul, we book a flight/hotel/cruise [ditching the hotel and booking our own] through Cunard although it's packaged together by our agent on the premise if one part of the whole is cancelled, we will be OK -think Ash Cloud, strikes, ship going into emergency dry dock etc

We wait for the flight schedules to be released when we dictate the airline, date and mode of travel.

• Like 1

We've booked Queen Anne for November 2025. Got the rooms we wanted - we're travelling as a multigenerational family so it was important to us to have three rooms next to each other so we can open the doors between the balconies. Hopefully we'll find she's up to snuff when we go on the maiden! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Yes. We were booked within seconds of itineraries being release.

Our TA was able to book QV May 2025, but there was a limited number of staterooms available in the  area we would like to book.

Thou we are Platinum not sure the system picked it up (5%discount for CWC)

We will wait till later in the year and enquire then

The cabin change fairy 🧚‍♀️ contacted me this morning to advise that Cunard had agreed to move us from the only A1 grade cabin that was being offered for sale on M514A Round Trip Transatlantic in June 2025 to our first choice cabin, which had been allocated to M514 Westbound  & M515 Eastbound.

Knowing the fairies would be busy magicking up bookings for other folk, I had checked where our preferred cabin was and gave them the details to pose the question to Cunard.

Hattie, Hopefully that complies! 🙂

• Like 1

I filled in pre registration with well known British travel agent for an inside cabin on Queen Anne a few weeks ago, a day or 2 later we had second thoughts about an inside so phoned cruise company to have the request changed to Oceanview. Was assured this had been noted and there would be no issues. Also filled in contact form with request to be sure and asked about increased deposit due. No reply to contact form but assumed all was okay.

Today had confirmation that an inside had been booked😬 Just spent 45 minutes on the phone to cruise company to an agent who was useless, told me eventually it hadn't been actioned there end and  they would let me change for a admin fee of £50 and a increase of £90 per person on the rate I pre booked for Oceanview. I was also due a discount by them for booking another cruise within a month of returning from another which wasn't included. 

I argued the fact that was was their mistake and no admin fee from me was due and also the price given at the time of pre registration should be honoured, I asked if she could get someone else to phone me about this but she said it would be escalated to a resolution team and I should get a call in around 5 days time.

Not sure what to do if they don't budge, was looking forward to the oceanview room.

17 minutes ago, holidaylover10 said:

I filled in pre registration with well known British travel agent for an inside cabin on Queen Anne a few weeks ago, a day or 2 later we had second thoughts about an inside so phoned cruise company to have the request changed to Oceanview. Was assured this had been noted and there would be no issues. Also filled in contact form with request to be sure and asked about increased deposit due. No reply to contact form but assumed all was okay.

Today had confirmation that an inside had been booked😬 Just spent 45 minutes on the phone to cruise company to an agent who was useless, told me eventually it hadn't been actioned there end and  they would let me change for a admin fee of £50 and a increase of £90 per person on the rate I pre booked for Oceanview. I was also due a discount by them for booking another cruise within a month of returning from another which wasn't included. 

I argued the fact that was was their mistake and no admin fee from me was due and also the price given at the time of pre registration should be honoured, I asked if she could get someone else to phone me about this but she said it would be escalated to a resolution team and I should get a call in around 5 days time.

Not sure what to do if they don't budge, was looking forward to the oceanview room.

I don't know if the rules are the same for the UK, but in the US, if you book through an agent, any changes in the booking must be done through that agent.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

17 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't know if the rules are the same for the UK, but in the US, if you book through an agent, any changes in the booking must be done through that agent.

It's the same here and I am getting the impression, one or two CC Cunard members need to change their agents.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes booked through agent and is the agent I am having problems with. They made the mistake on booking the wrong grade cabin and now want me to pay to change the their mistake.

A quick first look (Cunard US site) for June 6 TA in Q5 offers $200 OBC (stateroom, not pp), a free dinner in King’s Court alternative, and hotel & dining charges included—but no drinks package (“Explore with More,” the only fare option showing). Seems a bit meagre, compared to what’s usually offered in Grills on US bookings. Is this normal for early bookings? (We can do without the drinks package, but I’m surprised it’s not offered.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

A quick first look (Cunard US site) for June 6 TA in Q5 offers $200 OBC (stateroom, not pp), a free dinner in King’s Court alternative, and hotel & dining charges included—but no drinks package (“Explore with More,” the only fare option showing). Seems a bit meagre, compared to what’s usually offered in Grills on US bookings. Is this normal for early bookings? (We can do without the drinks package, but I’m surprised it’s not offered.)

I think that's what it was for QA when I did an early booking. I figured QA is supposed to be a big deal so they didn't feel a need to offer much. But compared to HAL's early booking of free grats, wifi, drinks and a little OBC, it sure seems meagre.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

1 hour ago, rmsEtruria said:

This current offer for US guests , rate code NL1 , is not nearly as good as previous Cunard Sales this year .Pre paid tips is good but the Rates , OBC and the Kings Court alternative dinner are sad .

Perhaps waiting for a future Sale will be better for us.