Zaandam in Port Everglades on October 7, 2023

leerathje

Welcome back to cruise season from Port Everglades at Fort Lauderdale!

ms Zaandam will be at pier 26 from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm, and she is leaving on a 73 day Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage.  Wow, now that's the trip of a lifetime!

image.jpeg.153362b2f4bfef91f6402e29ec1a9cac.jpeg

Also in port is Adventure of the Seas at pier 18 (5:30 am – 4:00 pm).

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Zuiderdam on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.

Leanne

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It is hard to imagine that we are already into HAL Sailaway Season from Port Everglades.

I will miss this one as we are disembarking Rotterdam in Amsterdam before the ship heads over to PE for her Caribbean season.

Thanks for the reminder.

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

It is hard to imagine that we are already into HAL Sailaway Season from Port Everglades.

I will miss this one as we are disembarking Rotterdam in Amsterdam before the ship heads over to PE for her Caribbean season.

Thanks for the reminder.

The sailaways for HAL will be few and far between until the end of October....That's when things will really ramp up!

L.

• Like 1

View back to waiting on one of Mickey's ships.

Zaandam showed up early - she was due at 8 am this morning. Last night at 2 am she was already parked. I wonder if she raced the storm down? She had come from Norfolk VA.

See you all tomorrow at PEV/FLL - probably just for sailaway.

1 hour ago, leerathje said:

Darn!  Missed her.  And why is Disney still there?  She was supposed to leave before Zaandam....

L.

Before Zaandam left, they were focussed on Disney - [parked next to each other]  So, it looks like they were expecting  her to leave first too.

4 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

View back to waiting on one of Mickey's ships.

Zaandam showed up early - she was due at 8 am this morning. Last night at 2 am she was already parked. I wonder if she raced the storm down? She had come from Norfolk VA.

See you all tomorrow at PEV/FLL - probably just for sailaway.

Per a Facebook post from someone on the ship. They are replacing a stern thruster that takes 30 hours to replace, thus an overnight stay. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bajae said:

Per a Facebook post from someone on the ship. They are replacing a stern thruster that takes 30 hours to replace, thus an overnight stay. 

I thought it could be the storm - but a mechanical issue is a bigger reason. You sure don't want to head to So America/Antarctica for 73 days with a bad thruster, especially as they had an available spot in their schedule to do a repair. Thanks for the explanation.