Trans Pacific April 2026 Sydney - Vancouver

I'm retiring March 2026, and planning to fly to Sydney and return with sis and her husband (who live in Australia) in April on a repositioning Trans Pacific.  We prefer to come back to Vancouver if possible.  My husband has one request, and that's enough time in Honolulu to go to Pearl Harbour and pay respects.  Me, I'll be happy with whatever ports we can get to.  Retirement!!!!

I've been researching some lines and I see most seem to spend only one day in Honolulu.  Any knowledge of lines that do two days in Honolulu, or is a single day enough?

Which lines do Trans Pacific?  I see Princess, Celebrity and RC.  Does HAL as well?  What have you cruised, and have you been able to do Pearl Harbour in the time allotted?  Should we see if there's an itinerary that has two nights in Honolulu?  Who comes into Vancouver as the destination?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scooter42 said:

I'm retiring March 2026, and planning to fly to Sydney and return with sis and her husband (who live in Australia) in April on a repositioning Trans Pacific.  We prefer to come back to Vancouver if possible.  My husband has one request, and that's enough time in Honolulu to go to Pearl Harbour and pay respects.  Me, I'll be happy with whatever ports we can get to.  Retirement!!!!

I've been researching some lines and I see most seem to spend only one day in Honolulu.  Any knowledge of lines that do two days in Honolulu, or is a single day enough?

Which lines do Trans Pacific?  I see Princess, Celebrity and RC.  Does HAL as well?  What have you cruised, and have you been able to do Pearl Harbour in the time allotted?  Should we see if there's an itinerary that has two nights in Honolulu?  Who comes into Vancouver as the destination?

Take a look at Norwegian as well. Much more port intensive. Still only one day in Honolulu but that's enough for Pearl Harbor, it's close to the port.

We took the Norwegian Spirit in March 2023, Sydney to Tahiti to Hawaii to Vancouver  3 cruises  43 days, many stops in French polynesia and Hawaii 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scooter42 said:

One day is sufficient. We used to prefer Maui when heading out to Hawaii. We would get an early morning flight over to Honolulu, book a Pearl Harbour and City Tour and fly back to Maui late afternoon. So no issues with only a single day in port.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are doing  a Sydney to Vancouver cruise on Princess in April 2024. We are stopping for two days in Honolulu. This is because our stop to Lahaina was cancelled. It is our firs trans Pacific crossing we have done a trans Atlantic just this October and loved it, so really looking forward to this next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 8:20 PM, LouCoop said:

We are doing  a Sydney to Vancouver cruise on Princess in April 2024. We are stopping for two days in Honolulu. This is because our stop to Lahaina was cancelled. It is our firs trans Pacific crossing we have done a trans Atlantic just this October and loved it, so really looking forward to this next cruise.

We too are doing Syd-Yvr in April 2024, but on the Majestic. We got Moorea substituted for Kona due to "port congestion" in Hnl. Who knows the real reason, Celebrity will be there on the 1st and not sail on the 2nd till after we've come and gone. We were supposed to be in Hnl on the 1st and Kona on the 2nd. I'll ake Moorea over Kona anyday and only need the one day in Hnl to go home and do some chores😀

• 2 weeks later...

The OP might want to watch HAL's future schedule since they routinely do a transpacific that ends in Seattle.  You never can tell if they might toss-in a visit to Vancouver and allow early debarkation.  

Had to smile at Heidi13's comment about Honolulu.  DW and I once did a westbound transpacific cruise where 10 of the first 14 days were at sea.  The only intervening port was an overnight (2 full days) in Honolulu.  DW and I actually debated whether to even bother getting off the ship in Honolulu :).  While we do think there is much to like about visiting Hawaii, we have no love of Honolulu.

Hank

We are currently booked on Westerdam Sydney to Seattle Mar 30 2025.  We booked because it was sailing to Vancouver and shortly after, got an email to say they were replacing Vancouver with Seattle.  Bah1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Hlitner said:

While we do think there is much to like about visiting Hawaii, we have no love of Honolulu.

There's no place like home. Only been here 65yrs.😀

i have done this twice on royal Caribbean .  as Honolulu is usually a turn around day, you arrive early and the ship doesn't sail until late, usually around 11 PM   if you plan well, you have lots of time to visit Pearl Harbor.  

We were looking at Transpacific out of Sydney to Seattle or Vancouver.  Princess seems to be pretty good, but we have no experience with Princess Cruise Lines.  We are going to try NCL from Miami to Lima - then Lima to San Diego.  It has an overnight in Lima which is good for the laser show at the fountains.  

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are looking at a possible Transpacific crossing in April 2026 as well. Celebrity repositions the Edge and Silhouette from Sydney to Vancouver at that time. Their 2026 schedules have already posted and it will require a B2B sailing to make the full transit; however, it does include an overnight in Honolulu. Total sailing time for Edge would be 27 nights, Silhouette is 25 nights. Hope this helps!